Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2012, 03:19 AM   #1
Ronaldo
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 14
Member Number: 20808
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Opinion On Our Teams Problems

This may get lengthy but I wanted to write down, what I believe to be this teams problem. Understand that this is my own opinion and that you can disagree or agree on some aspects. Here we go....

Offense:

Let me first say that I firmly believe that Arians needs to go. I absolutely hate some of the sets he uses. The line passes that he uses atleast five times a game. I really hate that the only run play he has when in shotgun is that stupid draw. Sitting there as an observer, I can tell 95% of the time if it is going to be pass or run from the formation.

To say this team was horrid this season in the red zone is an under statement. This leads into my next point. We NEED a big possession WR or else a big quick TE. I am sorry, but we can not rely on 4 undersized WR and a slow TE in Miller down in the red zone and frankly anywhere. We need a guy that can go up and catch the ball and cause matchup issues. I wouldn't mind if we drafted a big WR and a quick TE.

Big Ben.. I will keep it short and to the point on him. I know you are famous for your run around style and toughness, but for god sakes, get rid of the f' ing ball sooner. You know and everyone else knows our offensive line is a joke. It is all right to throw the ball away sometimes. The last thing on Ben. I absolutely hate how he waits until there is one second on the play clock every single snap. Did anyone notice Brees today? He quicked snapped the ball very often and caught the 49ers D on defense. Also snapping the ball leads to more plays and more plays to more chances of scoring.

Offensive Line.. I don't know what to say. Can our FO sign a free agent or draft a guy in the first round. We need a franchise LT or a G in the first round of this draft. I hate watching this unit play well one game and then the next get totally embarrassed. We need a make over.

Defense:

Defensive Line.. We need to go young. Casey Hampton, with his price tag, needs to go. I also believe we need a fast pass rusher on one side. Woodley and Harrison are both power guys and as we seen in some games this year, neither of them got pressure at all. Heyward and Ziggy both should see a very big increase in playing time.

ILB... I HATE seeing Farrior covering anyone. He simple can not cover. I think Sylvester deserves a chance to start. I love Timmons but I can't even count how many times he has bit on play action and has gotten burnt.

DB.... We need another DB I hate to say it. I don't know what is going on because our FO is good at draftinjg but we can not seem to find a good capable starting DB in the draft. We still need help back there because the games our pass rush doesnt get there we are still getting burnt.

ST:

If this team spends money on Sepulvida again I will throw up.This guy has the knees of an 80 year old women.

Although I was pretty negative above, this team still went 12-4 and made the playoffs.We got very unfortunate with injuries at all of the wrong times. We also decided to play some of our worst games of the year in the biggest moments.

To close, we need to get younger. We need to do what the Baltimore Ravens did last year. Get younger and faster. I will catch hell for this but I believe Ward, Hampton, Harrison and Farrior should be shown the door or bench.
Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:42 AM   #2
DanRooney
Banned
 
DanRooney's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Portsmouth, VA
Posts: 1,893
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16248
Thanks: 2
Thanked 164 Times in 114 Posts
Default Re: Opinion On Our Teams Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
This may get lengthy but I wanted to write down, what I believe to be this teams problem. Understand that this is my own opinion and that you can disagree or agree on some aspects. Here we go....

Offense:

Let me first say that I firmly believe that Arians needs to go. I absolutely hate some of the sets he uses. The line passes that he uses atleast five times a game. I really hate that the only run play he has when in shotgun is that stupid draw. Sitting there as an observer, I can tell 95% of the time if it is going to be pass or run from the formation.

To say this team was horrid this season in the red zone is an under statement. This leads into my next point. We NEED a big possession WR or else a big quick TE. I am sorry, but we can not rely on 4 undersized WR and a slow TE in Miller down in the red zone and frankly anywhere. We need a guy that can go up and catch the ball and cause matchup issues. I wouldn't mind if we drafted a big WR and a quick TE.

Big Ben.. I will keep it short and to the point on him. I know you are famous for your run around style and toughness, but for god sakes, get rid of the f' ing ball sooner. You know and everyone else knows our offensive line is a joke. It is all right to throw the ball away sometimes. The last thing on Ben. I absolutely hate how he waits until there is one second on the play clock every single snap. Did anyone notice Brees today? He quicked snapped the ball very often and caught the 49ers D on defense. Also snapping the ball leads to more plays and more plays to more chances of scoring.
Ben regressed this year. A lot of it's on Arians but I'm pointing the finger at him too. Elite quarterbacks don't throw less than 25 TDs and have less than a 2:1 TD to INT ratio in a passing offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post


Offensive Line.. I don't know what to say. Can our FO sign a free agent or draft a guy in the first round. We need a franchise LT or a G in the first round of this draft. I hate watching this unit play well one game and then the next get totally embarrassed. We need a make over.
If Peter Konz falls to us, I will be very happy. He was just as good a center as Pouncey. We'd have one of the better interior lines in the league with them next to eachother.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Defense:

Defensive Line.. We need to go young. Casey Hampton, with his price tag, needs to go. I also believe we need a fast pass rusher on one side. Woodley and Harrison are both power guys and as we seen in some games this year, neither of them got pressure at all. Heyward and Ziggy both should see a very big increase in playing time.

Jason Worilds is a speed rusher...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post

ILB... I HATE seeing Farrior covering anyone. He simple can not cover. I think Sylvester deserves a chance to start. I love Timmons but I can't even count how many times he has bit on play action and has gotten burnt.

Timmons had a down year and Farrior is very bad. tonyhipchest will argue that he had his best season ever in 2010 and tell us how elite he is because he has X amount of tackles (really a 3-4 ILB with a lot of tackles?!) but he's wrong as usual. Burfict would be a sexy pick as he's pretty relentless and fast but he's undisciplined much like Mauluga was so I think we're leaning towards the safe pick in Hightower.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post

DB.... We need another DB I hate to say it. I don't know what is going on because our FO is good at draftinjg but we can not seem to find a good capable starting DB in the draft. We still need help back there because the games our pass rush doesnt get there we are still getting burnt.

We could use one with first round talent like Alfonzo Dennard (I'm not very high on him) but we have a lot of guys waiting in the wings in Lewis, Curtis Brown and Cortez Allen. There's no point in drafting another 3rd round corner when we have a plethora of them on the roster. I say we leave the secondary as it is. Minus the Tebow debacle, they were solid all year long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post

ST:

If this team spends money on Sepulvida again I will throw up.This guy has the knees of an 80 year old women.
Kapinos will likely take over. It's unfortunate that Sepulveda can't stay healthy because he's really one of the better punters in the league. I hope we get rid of Suisham though. A kicker is very important if your offense sucks at scoring TDs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post

To close, we need to get younger. We need to do what the Baltimore Ravens did last year. Get younger and faster. I will catch hell for this but I believe Ward, Hampton, Harrison and Farrior should be shown the door or bench.
The Ravens aren't that much younger than we are. They are still a veteran-laden defense with Lewis, Reed, and Redding. They were just coached a hell of a lot better this season.

Harrison is still our best all around player on defense. To hell with Ward, Hampton and Farrior though.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter
 
steeltheone's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Harrisburg Pa.
Posts: 3,500
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6351
Thanks: 302
Thanked 400 Times in 236 Posts
Default Re: Opinion On Our Teams Problems

Harrison our best all around player? Nah, Troy 43
__________________
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." - Vince Lombardi
steeltheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
offseason


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts