Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804
Default Do you really want an NFC team to win?.

I understand the sentiments. I was rooting for Green Bay last year. Actually I was rooting against the Steelers.

It was a mistake. **** the NFC. All it did was give me a year of having to listen to the media talk about how wonderful noodle arm Rodgers is when everyone knows he's not that wonderful. Green Bay this, Green Bay that. 15-1 on a gravy kiddy schedule and we're all supposed to be shocked now that the Giants kicked their asses.
(I knew the Packers would go down in flames! They're a want-to-be Patriots!)

I didn't really want Big Ben to win 3 Superbowl rings, mainly because he's a big goofy looking Sasquatch with no talent, but if the Steelers would of won at least it would of elevated the prestige of the AFC rivalries instead of diminish it.

Now all these nancy-boy NFC fans think we're the weaker conference and they're where the real football is. All because the 14-2 Patriots got screwed against the Jets.

If I could do it all over again I would of rooted for the Steelers. I would of willed them a win.

I understand that if the Patriots win the Superbowl again it'll more or less solidify Brady and Belichick as the greatest of all time (as if there's any doubt now!), but at least next year when the Steelers play the Patriots you'll be playing the Superbowl champions instead of one of many "inferior AFC squabbles" on the way to challenging the uppity and perceived almighty NFC champions.

You don't have to like us to hope we win the AFC another championship.

Take pride in your enemy! Then the accomplishments of your enemy elevates yourself. Is the Patriots v Steelers rivalry a championship rivalry or just irrelevant AFC in fighting? You can hate us and hope we win all at the same time.

I'll never root for another NFC team to win the Superbowl ever again. Next time Pittsburgh makes it to the Superbowl i'll hope they win it in spectacular fashion (dirty Harrison cheap shots and all!) while at the same time despising them, just because the greater my enemy, the greater thyself.

Think about it.

To hell with the NFC. As much as I hate the Steelers, I hate the idea of the NFC being perceived as superior even more.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,587 Times in 1,968 Posts
Default Re: Do you really want an NFC team to win?.

yes. i hope the nfc proves they're superior every year, unless the steelers are representing the afc
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,114 Times in 3,036 Posts

Dirty Harrison cheap shots? C'mon!

No it doesn't matter to me if an AFC or NFC team wins or not. And to be honest, Rodgers is just getting media hype. I would for right now put him in the category with Brady, Brees, and at least one of the Mannings. Only time will tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Uh, no.

Brady = Montana.

Rodgers = Bledoe.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

[youtube]AzCLZPMBeDM[/youtube]

Never gets old.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #6
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
yes. i hope the nfc proves they're superior every year, unless the steelers are representing the afc
So if everything were to pan out the way you want it to the NFC would have the appearance of being where the real football is played and the AFC would just be the occasional second tier upstarts.

I say root for the AFC team so the exact opposite is true. I don't have to like the Steelers to be happy they took the world championship over the Packers or the Niners or whatever other lame ass NFC team challenges.

It makes all of our regular season match ups look that much better.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #7
Sixburgher
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
Uh, no.

Brady = Montana.

Rodgers = Bledoe.

Uh, no.

Montana never gacked up a Super Bowl.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #8
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173

Yes, sorry I hate your team and the Ravens that much. And I am sure you'd feel the same way if the Patriots were out of the playoffs and I wouldn't blame you. Very easy for you to say that you'd do things differently with your guys one game away from the SB.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #9
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,114 Times in 3,036 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
So if everything were to pan out the way you want it to the NFC would have the appearance of being where the real football is played and the AFC would just be the occasional second tier upstarts.

I say root for the AFC team so the exact opposite is true. I don't have to like the Steelers to be happy they took the world championship over the Packers or the Niners or whatever other lame ass NFC team challenges.

It makes all of our regular season match ups look that much better.
I'm not interested in appearances. I'm not interested which great QB from the past you want to compare Brady to, he's going to go down as one of the all time greats. As of now though, Rodger's is as good as any QB in this league playing now. He's got as good an offense to run, and they run it really well.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #10
Sixburgher
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
Dirty Harrison cheap shots? C'mon!
How quickly he forgets the Patriots roid monster with the same surname who played at safety for them for quite a while.