Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #11
ColoradoSteelerFan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1660
Default Re: LOL @ the Raiders

I'm actually a pretty big Raiders fan. Living in Colorado and DESPISING everything about the Denver Broncos, my affinity for the Raiders simply grew out of all the Broncos fans hatred toward them.

I would love to see them pull it together, but even with new leadership they seem incapable. The wicked witch of the west (Al Davis) is dead and the peasants are free...and they still make the same stupid mistakes. Until the Raiders, as an organization, realize that you can't hire coaches who believe they only have one year to impress (thus turning the job itself off to most qualified applicants) and that only by creating some continuity will success ever return....they will continue to suck.

The Raiders defense sucked, their QB had only half the year to get acclimated and one of the leagues best RB was out most of the season. Fix those issues and winning starts. The sooner winning returns to Oakland the better...that means I get to watch Broncos fans whine and moan. Losers.
ColoradoSteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #12
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoSteelerFan View Post
I'm actually a pretty big Raiders fan. Living in Colorado and DESPISING everything about the Denver Broncos, my affinity for the Raiders simply grew out of all the Broncos fans hatred toward them.

I would love to see them pull it together, but even with new leadership they seem incapable. The wicked witch of the west (Al Davis) is dead and the peasants are free...and they still make the same stupid mistakes. Until the Raiders, as an organization, realize that you can't hire coaches who believe they only have one year to impress (thus turning the job itself off to most qualified applicants) and that only by creating some continuity will success ever return....they will continue to suck.

The Raiders defense sucked, their QB had only half the year to get acclimated and one of the leagues best RB was out most of the season. Fix those issues and winning starts. The sooner winning returns to Oakland the better...that means I get to watch Broncos fans whine and moan. Losers.
Just curious. What mistakes are they still making, now that Al is dead?
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #13
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,052 Times in 2,588 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
Just curious. What mistakes are they still making, now that Al is dead?
giving 2 first round picks for carson palmer? that was possibly more stupid than picking jamarcus russell and giving him a huge contract
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #14
silver & black
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
giving 2 first round picks for carson palmer? that was possibly more stupid than picking jamarcus russell and giving him a huge contract
Yes, but Al had just died and we had a coach (megaqlomaniac) that thought he was free to make any decision he wished... and basically, he did as he wished.

I think the Raiders organization shouldn't be judged on this past year when their owner passed on, their QB had a season ending injury, their most potent weapon was sidelined for 3/4 of the season and the starting roster was basically decimated throughout the season.

How about giving Reggie McKenzie and the Raiders an off season and then a full regular season before throwing out the same old rhetorical jargon about the organization. Trust me..... there is no way any opposing fan can/has said/say anything more damning than any die hard Raiders fan has alread said.

It's a new beginning for a once proud and elite franchise. I know you aren't Raiders fans, but I would think you would want this old war horse back in the league like they should be. After all....... there were no better games ever played in this league than there was between the Raiders and the Steelers.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #15
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Tell me this (assuming that anyone is keeping track and can answer this): how long before something resembling normalcy returns to Oakland (or wherever your team is located if and when it happens)? How long before you guys have a draft pick in each round, for example? Or have your cap budget under control? Do you see that happening under Reggie McKenzie?
Old 01-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #16
silver & black
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Tell me this (assuming that anyone is keeping track and can answer this): how long before something resembling normalcy returns to Oakland (or wherever your team is located if and when it happens)? How long before you guys have a draft pick in each round, for example? Or have your cap budget under control? Do you see that happening under Reggie McKenzie?
Well, obviously I can't guarantee it, but I will say that I think things are going to change under McKenzie and Mark Davis. McKenzie is the real deal and Mark is going to stay out of the football end of things. That alone bodes well for the Raiders.

I understand that it's fun.... and even warrented to make fun of the Raiders; I don't blame anyone and I don't get pissed over it... how could I?... most of us Raiders fans have done it ourselve's.

What's hard as an old dog Raiders fan (almost 44 years for me), is knowing what they used to be, and watching them become...... this. You guys haven't had to go through it, and I honestly hope you never do, but don't say never. You just don't know what lies in the future.

I don't know what is going to become of my Raiders. I just know that I'm happy for a new start. Time will tell what's in store for them. I can only support them as a fan and hope for the best.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #17
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,777 Times in 2,938 Posts

i know several long time, die-hard raider fans like silver & black. i find it hard to trash them or their fandom, because they do have a very rich tradition and history. while they are old time rivals, and in the nature of my own fandom its is kinda fun to trash the team, it isnt the same as with the cowboys or patriots, or even 49ers and ravens. for some reason, i do find many of the die hard lifers as pretty respectable and knowledgable who feel the same about the steelers...

but i'll agree, they aint out of the shithole yet. did they fire rod woodson? i would like to see darren perry get a chance but its p[robably a longshot.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:52 PM   #18
silver & black
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i know several long time, die-hard raider fans like silver & black. i find it hard to trash them or their fandom, because they do have a very rich tradition and history. while they are old time rivals, and in the nature of my own fandom its is kinda fun to trash the team, it isnt the same as with the cowboys or patriots, or even 49ers and ravens. for some reason, i do find many of the die hard lifers as pretty respectable and knowledgable who feel the same about the steelers...

but i'll agree, they aint out of the shithole yet. did they fire rod woodson? i would like to see darren perry get a chance but its p[robably a longshot.
Hey, Tony, nice to hear from you

You're right, I do feel the same way about the Steelers. Most of my friends, and even my own mother, are die hard Steelers fans. I can't imagine this league without either team anchoring it...... although, the Raiders have dropped the ball recently.

Let's hope things get righted in Raider land, and we can once again (Steelers/Raiders) show the NFL what it really means to be baddest kids on the block.

I like Perry, too... and I hope we rehire Woodson.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #19
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

The Steelers sucked very badly and for a very long time, although, granted, that hasn't been lately. Still, you're right... never say never and don't take the good times for granted.

What I find amazing about the Raiders is the steadfast loyalty of the fanbase here in LA, despite - let's face it - not-so-steadfast loyalty on the part of the Raiders themselves. It would be like finding Ravens fans in Cleveland, which I can't see happening. Not sure if it's a good thing about the fans or bad, but it is amazing all the same.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #20
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173

I think hiring McKenzie was the right move and I can't begrudge him for firing Jackson. Interesting thing I found out about McKenzie is that apparently his twin brother is an assistant football coach at my old high school. I don't remember the Raiders glory years as I'm only 24 but I do have a small memory of rooting for them against the Bucs because I wanted the AFC to win. My then high school history teacher was a former Redskins tackle who hated the Raiders for the asswhomping the Raiders gave them in 83 in the SB. Anyhow, I'd like to see the Raiders be more relevant. And silver and black is right about not taking things for granted. Most of my life the Steelers have been a good team and I am thankful for that but things can change. I'd love to see the old rivalry renewed for younger generations. The Raiders are one of those teams and I'll say this about the Cowboys too are a franchise that it's just more interesting for the league when they play well.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote