Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #1
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149
Default My Mock 1.0

1-Mike Adams - Ohio State- OT
Adams is a tall but linear tackle that possess good athletic ability. His athletic ability and quick feet allow him to protect the edge and adjust to counter moves. He plays with good leverage and uses his hands to get inside the defender and lock him out. Adams has a good all around game and is able to hold up in pass coverage and create running space.

2-Emmanuel Acho, Texas- ILB
Isn’t a dynamic straight-line athlete, but plays faster because of instincts. Is a good tackler, can shed blocks and plays stronger than his frame would indicate. Has the versatility to play a number of spots in a 4-3 scheme or get some looks inside in a 34. Looks like a future starter in the NFL either way."

3-Trenton Robinson - Michigan State-S
"Robinson has the size and speed of a cornerback but it doesn't take much film-watching to see why the Spartans like his physicality at the safety position. This under-the-radar high school recruit has more than exceeded expectations during his first three years in East Lansing

4-DaJohn Harris - Southern California-DT
National FootBall Post's Wes Bunting on DaJohn Harris:
"Is a bit taller than most typical USC defensive tackles, but still possesses that thick trunk and base. Is a linear pass rusher who possesses a good first step off the football and when he keeps his base down can be very effective/disruptive.

5-Chandler Harnish - Northern Illinois-QB
Draft BreakDown's Aaron Aloysius on Chandler Harnish:
National FootBall Post's Wes Bunting on Chandler Harnish:
"He possesses a solidly put together frame with natural thickness through his mid-section and the girth to take a pounding at the next level. He's a gutsy, tough kid and a "plus" leader who his teammates really seem to rally around. Is a good athlete both in and outside the pocket.

6-Jake Bequette - Arkansas-DE
National FootBall Post's Wes Bunting on Jake Bequette:
"A thick, physically built defensive end prospect who possesses the frame to play the run at the next level. Sits into his stance well and can generate leverage off the snap. However, lacks a great first step when trying to reach the corner.

7-Keith Tandy - West Virginia-DB
"Tandy's size and physicality hides the fact he is one of the more successful passers in Kentucky high school history (8,609 career passing yards, 90 touchdowns). WVU coaches saw his four interceptions as a senior, however, and thought his best chance to make an impact would be on the defensive side of the ball--a seemingly wise move after his play the past couple of seasons.
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:20 PM   #2
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: My Mock 1.0

One fundamental flaw here: G, or C/G. Not a tackle in the first round. Colon is not going anywhere, and the job is his as soon as he is back. Meanwhile, we got nothing at guard. Zero. Zilch.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
One fundamental flaw here: G, or C/G. Not a tackle in the first round. Colon is not going anywhere, and the job is his as soon as he is back. Meanwhile, we got nothing at guard. Zero. Zilch.
I Think Adams can go inside or out
Old 01-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #4
ItalianSteelersFan178443
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20776

Where are the OG's in this mock? And also I do not think Acho is a fit for our team. In Texas he was mainly a OLB/DE player and was mainly to roam freely as well. If the Steelers are too far above the cap and we have to release Farrior than we need a young guy who can step in immediately and play above-average ILB. And im not too high on the Michigan State prospect because we really need a CB more than a S, Mundy proved that he is a great all-around S. But with Gay maybe wanting a little too much money and K.Lewis not the answer they will most likely release both and go with Taylor, Allen, Brown for next season and they hope to sign a CB to the league min and draft a young CB. And they will definitely not draft a QB, they will bring back 2 of the 3 FA QB's we have to cheap deals. Other than those picks it is a great mock. Adams is definite possibility now that Starks is hurt and they can move Gilber to RG, keep Colon at RT, Pouncey at C, and Adams at LT. They will most likely not draft a OG this year just because he will have Legursky, Foster, and Essex back most likely because they are cheap to bring back and all 3 are very versatile.
ItalianSteelersFan178443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianSteelersFan178443 View Post
Where are the OG's in this mock? And also I do not think Acho is a fit for our team. In Texas he was mainly a OLB/DE player and was mainly to roam freely as well. If the Steelers are too far above the cap and we have to release Farrior than we need a young guy who can step in immediately and play above-average ILB. And im not too high on the Michigan State prospect because we really need a CB more than a S, Mundy proved that he is a great all-around S. But with Gay maybe wanting a little too much money and K.Lewis not the answer they will most likely release both and go with Taylor, Allen, Brown for next season and they hope to sign a CB to the league min and draft a young CB. And they will definitely not draft a QB, they will bring back 2 of the 3 FA QB's we have to cheap deals. Other than those picks it is a great mock. Adams is definite possibility now that Starks is hurt and they can move Gilber to RG, keep Colon at RT, Pouncey at C, and Adams at LT. They will most likely not draft a OG this year just because he will have Legursky, Foster, and Essex back most likely because they are cheap to bring back and all 3 are very versatile.
I believe Adams can play guard or Tackle because not only can he pass block he's a hell of a run blocker.....Acho is a player period, put him inside or out and he will just make plays i think.....We need another Safety to pair with Mundy, Troy is injury prone and Ryan clark isn't getting younger.....and i truly believe 2 of those QB's isn't coming back...It's time to groom a youngin'
Old 01-17-2012, 11:47 PM   #6
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

If we go Oline in the first, second pick HAS to be NT or even Oline again. Not worth taking an ILB there. Only reason ILB is even in discussion for that high a pick is because Burfict and Hightower are two of the best prospects at the position in years, can realistically be there for us and could start right away and anchor the LB corps for years. A second round ILB is not going to do much for this team. It would be better to bring old man Farrior back another year at a discount or let Foote start full time and worry about the position early in the 2013 or 14 draft.

Nothing wrong with taking one later (like round 4-5) for depth, but if we don't take Burfict or Hightower, no reason to waste putting that high a pick into ILB, the class outside of the top three (kuechly, Burfict, Hightower) isn't particularly great anyway. Pick could much better be spent on Guard or NT which are more important immediate needs with less depth on our team and better prospects in the draft.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:15 AM   #7
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
If we go Oline in the first, second pick HAS to be NT or even Oline again. Not worth taking an ILB there. Only reason ILB is even in discussion for that high a pick is because Burfict and Hightower are two of the best prospects at the position in years, can realistically be there for us and could start right away and anchor the LB corps for years. A second round ILB is not going to do much for this team. It would be better to bring old man Farrior back another year at a discount or let Foote start full time and worry about the position early in the 2013 or 14 draft.

Nothing wrong with taking one later (like round 4-5) for depth, but if we don't take Burfict or Hightower, no reason to waste putting that high a pick into ILB, the class outside of the top three (kuechly, Burfict, Hightower) isn't particularly great anyway. Pick could much better be spent on Guard or NT which are more important immediate needs with less depth on our team and better prospects in the draft.
Funny, that's how i feel about the DL...but only because i am confident in Mitchells ability to coach a DL up no matter how low he's drafted...and Don't Sleep on Acho...dude can Ball