Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-18-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,140 Times in 2,404 Posts
Default Ed Reed Trashes Flacco

This is nice - good to see the Ravens have each other's backs going into New England

"I think Joe was kind of rattled a little bit by (Houston's) defense," Reed said on SiriusXM NFL Radio on Monday, according to ProFootballTalk. "(The Texans) had a lot of guys in the box on him. And, I mean, they were getting to him. I think a couple times he needed to get rid of the ball. I don't know how much of the play-calling ... but it just didn't look like he had a hold on the offense. ... It was just kind of like (Baltimore's coaches) was telling him to do, throw the ball or get it here, you know, get it to certain guys. And he can't play like that."

Flacco was sacked five times and hurried by Texans defenders more than that in the win. Reed said Tuesday part of the blame for that falls on Baltimore's offensive line.

"[T]he offensive line gotta block better," Reed said, according to ProFootballTalk. "You know, they gotta communicate better, gotta pick up blocks (and) Joe's gotta get the ball out of his hand."

Reed said the Ravens need to do a better job of "using our weapons" and said he thought backup running back Ricky Williams should have had more touches.

"You know, one particular play that sticks out to me is when (Pro Bowl running back) Ray Rice came out of the backfield, he got pushed down and Flacco still threw him the ball and you got one on one with (wide receiver) Torrey Smith on the outside," Reed told SiriusXM, according to ProFootballTalk. "But it's hearsay for me. I can say that sitting on the sidelines, you know, or sitting in the stands. You just never know what somebody else is seeing."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2011...houston-texans

Amazing - this would be like Troy ripping Ben while taking a side swipe at Arians going into the biggest game of the year

Glad to see Harbaugh has such a happy locker room with everyone so confident in the skills of their teammates
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #2
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,129 Times in 1,431 Posts
Default Re: Ed Reed Trashes Flacco

Same thing happened to us last year. Goodell pulling that bullshit story about how Ben's teammates don't respect him right before the super bowl. Now it's your turn Ravens.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Since when did Reed become one of the coaches? If you way stuff like that, you wait until the season ends.

Bet Goodell is smiling like a champ right now. You know he's just dying for the Patriots and his love interest Brady to win everything.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:50 PM   #4
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

i heard this interview on my car radio and was shocked. thats not how you motoviate your most important player during the biggest game of his young carear. Reed has always been a prick and i hope Brady tourches Reed personally for 3td's
Old 01-18-2012, 02:03 PM   #5
therooster45
Water Boy

Member Number: 20835

IDK why players air out their feelings towards their team mates on the radio, tv , or other media outlets for all to hear. IDK why Goodall or anyone else would need to go there either. What does anyone gain by doing it? To me if a team mate went through the media to complain about me i would have no respect for him. If you got a problem come to me and lets talk maybe you may have a point constructively that can help me but if you are not man enough to say it to me then you can kiss my you know what.. Ed Reed is not one that should be running his mouth because he has become more a liability this year than an asset. But I guess that is why he did it to push the spotlight away from himself
therooster45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #6
ItalianSteelersFan178443
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20776

I also heard the interview on the radio and I almost crashed my car cause I was laughing so hard. At least when Steelers players (James Harrison) talk bad about their teammates it is when there is a lock-out or in the off-season. Ed Reed attacked his pathetic excuse of QB right after the win and also threw his coaching staff under the bus. Maybe that is a sign that Ed Reed just wants to get the hell out of Baltimore because he knows he is going to retire without any jewelry. Oh well, maybe he can win a fake Nat'l Championship at Ball So Hard University
ItalianSteelersFan178443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #7
Christian Snyder
Team Captain

Member Number: 14544

Sounds like the Goodell paid Reed off too, what a shame. I knew Goodell was going to have the refs favor the Patriots but I wasn't expecting this...
Christian Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #8
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,866 Times in 2,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Snyder View Post
Sounds like the Goodell paid Reed off too, what a shame. I knew Goodell was going to have the refs favor the Patriots but I wasn't expecting this...
goodell has had his share of small market teams dominating the superbowl (green bay, pittsburgh, indy, New orleans, arizona, seattle etc.)

its time to deliver to the worlds biggest market, and thats NYC where the giants and patriots are 2 of the 3 biggest draws.

tough shit, san fransisco and baltimore.

last week the refs were instructed to sew their flags into their pockets. the ravens and frisco are gonna come out playing just the same and get flagged like hell (as per league directive to flag everything.)

theyre not gonna know what hit them and collapse under the frustration.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:33 PM   #9
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,140 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
goodell has had his share of small market teams dominating the superbowl (green bay, pittsburgh, indy, New orleans, arizona, seattle etc.)

its time to deliver to the worlds biggest market, and thats NYC where the giants and patriots are 2 of the 3 biggest draws.

last week the refs were instructed to sew their flags into their pockets. the ravens and frisco are gonna come out playing just the same and get flagged like hell (as per league directive to flag everything.)

Although a Giants - New England rematch would be gold, New England - 49ers actually might be a bigger draw to bring in the West Coast (San Fran is #4 metro area)

Either way the NFL strikes gold again
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #10
Christian Snyder
Team Captain

Member Number: 14544

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

I agree. Heck, maybe the refs will even event a new rule mid-game! I can't say I'd feel bad for the Ratbirds either... I'd love to see the Ratbirds fall by whatever means necessary.

Last edited by Christian Snyder; 01-19-2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Christian Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote