Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #21
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173
Default Re: Ravens choke.......again

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
I hate the Ratbirds. I hate the Patsies. No win there for me. Watching those faces on the Ratbirds sideline was priceless though. Kind of like the faces on the Colts sideline back in 1995. And the look of the Jets sidelines when they missed TWO easy FGs the year before. I hope we see the end of Ray Lewis and Ed Reed after this. They will never get another Super Bowl win with Flacco at QB. Sorry, he just does not cut it when the pressure is on. Saying he outplayed Brady is a joke. He could not get it done when it counted. Brady put it in the end zone when he needed to. God I hate both of those teams with a passion.
I agree with your criticisms of Flacco but Brady had zero TD passes today. I think one of the reasons why the Pats won today is they actually were a little balanced for once. They used the running game and it worked. Evans should have caught that pass and Cundiff should have made that kick. Flacco still needs to work on his game but I don't think it's unfair to say he outplayed Brady today.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:25 PM   #22
Danny136200
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17651

Quote:
I hate the Ratbirds. I hate the Patsies. No win there for me. Watching those faces on the Ratbirds sideline was priceless though. Kind of like the faces on the Colts sideline back in 1995. And the look of the Jets sidelines when they missed TWO easy FGs the year before. I hope we see the end of Ray Lewis and Ed Reed after this. They will never get another Super Bowl win with Flacco at QB. Sorry, he just does not cut it when the pressure is on. Saying he outplayed Brady is a joke. He could not get it done when it counted. Brady put it in the end zone when he needed to. God I hate both of those teams with a passion.
Dude, flacco did outplay Brady, drove his team into easy field goal distance, had one of his players drop a pass in the end zone, and have his kicker miss a 32 yard fg. To say that he choked is absurd. I hate flacco and the ravens as much as the next steelers fan, but I will give credit to flacco for playing his best post season game.
Danny136200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #23
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny136200 View Post
Dude, flacco did outplay Brady, drove his team into easy field goal distance, had one of his players drop a pass in the end zone, and have his kicker miss a 32 yard fg. To say that he choked is absurd. I hate flacco and the ravens as much as the next steelers fan, but I will give credit to flacco for playing his best post season game.
Think whatever you want. I saw Flacco overthrowing his receivers over and over and gettting sacked when he should have gotten the ball out to wide open receivers earlier in the game. Brady didn't play great either. Neither QB outplayed the other. It was pretty much a wash with the Ratbirds kicker blowing it big time at the end. I knew when the Ravens kicked their last field goal instead of getting a TD that they were done and the Cheatriots would win the game. You can't give them that chance. And Brady did engineer the winning TD drive and scored the winning TD. How did Flacco outplay him? Don't put words in my mouth. I never used the word choke in my post.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!

Last edited by LVSteelersfan; 01-22-2012 at 06:43 PM.
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #24
PeRK82
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19438

Quote:
Man did you even watch the game???? He outplayed Brady and it wasn't because of RICE, he was worthless in that game. He actually hurt the team.

Keep on thinking Flacco sucks, good for you. I'd pick him over anyone anyday. And that's the truth. Why wouldn't i , would i pick Brady, uhhh hell no, why would i when Flacco played better and that's with Flacco's WRers dropping gimmie passes like they have been doing all yr. Brady has Star Receivers that hold on to the catches they make. So Watch the game before you even comment. The RAVENS PLAYED GOOD, Flacco played lights out. CUNDIFF LOST THE GAME. And he will be fired along with CAM i formation Cameron, FINALLY.
PeRK82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:04 PM   #25
Danny136200
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Think whatever you want. I saw Flacco overthrowing his receivers over and over and gettting sacked when he should have gotten the ball out to wide open receivers earlier in the game. Brady didn't play great either. Neither QB outplayed the other. It was pretty much a wash with the Ratbirds kicker blowing it big time at the end. I knew when the Ravens kicked their last field goal instead of getting a TD that they were done and the Cheatriots would win the game. You can't give them that chance. And Brady did engineer the winning TD drive and scored the winning TD. How did Flacco outplay him? Don't put words in my mouth. I never used the word choke in my post.
I thought you saying that he cant get it done implied that he choke or is a choker, but whatever you want to say. Flacco played impressive after a slow start and OUTPLAYED brady throughout the whole game. Again, he drove his team into touchdown range, only to have his receiver drop the ball, then his kicker miss a chip shot FG. Flacco was not the problem in this game, he played well tonight.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #26
Danny136200
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeRK82 View Post
Man did you even watch the game???? He outplayed Brady and it wasn't because of RICE, he was worthless in that game. He actually hurt the team.

Keep on thinking Flacco sucks, good for you. I'd pick him over anyone anyday. And that's the truth. Why wouldn't i , would i pick Brady, uhhh hell no, why would i when Flacco played better and that's with Flacco's WRers dropping gimmie passes like they have been doing all yr. Brady has Star Receivers that hold on to the catches they make. So Watch the game before you even comment. The RAVENS PLAYED GOOD, Flacco played lights out. CUNDIFF LOST THE GAME. And he will be fired along with CAM i formation Cameron, FINALLY.
You are most likely the only Ravens fan to pick Flacco over Brady, that is a huge stretch.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #27
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,237 Times in 3,617 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeRK82 View Post
Keep on thinking Flacco sucks, good for you. I'd pick him over anyone anyday..
You would pick Flacco over Brady, Rodgers and Brees?

You should consider not posting after drinking all day

[youtube]mkoPq5AOCOA[/youtube]
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #28
fortmemphis
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
I hate the Ravens as much as the next guy, but Cundiff choked, not the Rats. I was happy they lost, and then immediately sad knowing that the Pats move forward. This is a lose lose for me.
I dont like the Ravens, but I at least respect their team (not their fans but their team) and they play in the AFC North. And the Pats are a fraud. The Ravens had that game in Lee Evans' hands and he didnt wrap it up.

Flacco threw a pick, but they got it back and went right back down the field. I can respect that. I still think some of their players are punks, but to have it be lost by a freakin kicker is really tough.

I dont want NE winning a 4th Super Bowl. I am sick of Brady and Belichick and Kraft. For the next two weeks it is going to be nauseating watching the love fest that ESPN has with Brady and the Pats.

My best scenario is now for the Giants to win it all. Surely dont want SF winning a 6th Super Bowl.
fortmemphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #29
steelers33
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17599

Really bad loss for the Ravens. I'm not going to give Flacco that much credit, because he played one of the worst defenses in the NFL. Looks like he missed a lot of receivers as well, but overall I thought he just played decent. Ravens window is closing IMO, Reed and Lewis too old, were old too but we are not done until Troy retires. Also, I think the Pats will lose the SB if the Giants were to win vs SF. Pats defense to bad to overcome in the end, IMO, and Eli playing too well.
steelers33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #30
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,703 Times in 692 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgarAllenPoe View Post
Yeah, haha. We did choke in a big spot just like when we choked two weeks ago against the Broncos in OT. Or last year in the Super Bowl when Aaron Rodgers spanked us directly on the ass.
It sure was AWESOME beating your murderin', thug ass team in the AFC Championship game in 2008, only for you to see us WIN the Super Bowl. It was also SWEET in completing the comeback in 2010 against you Rats, then watch us go on to beat the Jets to play in ANOTHER Super Bowl.

There is no consolation prizes here, jackass! Hilarious you come here for comfort. Go weep in your 52 jersey, jackass. You blew your only shot at a Lombardi! Pittsburgh will be back.