Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #121
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142
Default Re: Ravens v. Patriots

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmike View Post
Interested in your take. Was Flacco's better performance this week due to a worse defense than last week or did he actually seem more comfortable back there? I know he outplayed Brady, but he definitely didn't last week in Houston where he looked fairly rattled for most of the game.
He made some really tight throws, I didn't think the NE coverage was bad. But, #31 vs top ten definitely had a hand in making him look better. Either way he earned a deal today outplaying Brady. Evans on the other hand is either getting a paycut or just plain cut. Can't relax like that halfway through a catch with a sb on the line.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:19 PM   #122
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

I actually think Flacco is progressing somewhat. I won't call him a top QB but he's all right. The real key though for the Ravens will be extending Rice. The guy if you ask me is the most talented piece on that offense and its key.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:23 PM   #123
BleedPurple
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
I actually think Flacco is progressing somewhat. I won't call him a top QB but he's all right. The real key though for the Ravens will be extending Rice. The guy if you ask me is the most talented piece on that offense and its key.
Takes a real fanatic to call him 'top'. I would say he is 12-15 in the league. TE drops killing his numbers though. And Lee ****ing Evans. Damn. . .
Old 01-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #124
jmike
Water Boy

Member Number: 19154

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
Takes a real fanatic to call him 'top'. I would say he is 12-15 in the league. TE drops killing his numbers though. And Lee ****ing Evans. Damn. . .
Do you, as a fan, feel confident having him as a quarterback?
jmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #125
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
I'd agree with that assessment. He's 10-15 IMO. He was good against a bad D today. He was bad against a good D last week. For most of this season, he's been up and down, but mostly a little better than average.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:30 PM   #126
BleedPurple
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmike View Post
Do you, as a fan, feel confident having him as a quarterback?
I... am...but would prefer to reserve judgment until I see him with a new OC. No way do we resign cc now that his contract is up. Maybe we can getBA out of retirement
Old 01-22-2012, 07:33 PM   #127
jking
Starter

Member Number: 18779

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygorius View Post
suggs looks like a character out of "the hills have eyes" movie
jking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #128
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Top 12-15 sounds right to me. He's not a bad QB and I did think he improved this year in his clutchness i.e. the drive against the Steelers (pains me to say that but I try to be fair) and that was a good 2 minute drill he had tonight too but Evans and Cundiff hurt the team. I do feel Rice is the Ravens key on offense. I'm amazed he fell to the second round. Rather would have him than Mendenhall objectively speaking.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:43 PM   #129
BleedPurple
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMU Steeler View Post
Top 12-15 sounds right to me. He's not a bad QB and I did think he improved this year in his clutchness i.e. the drive against the Steelers (pains me to say that but I try to be fair) and that was a good 2 minute drill he had tonight too but Evans and Cundiff hurt the team. I do feel Rice is the Ravens key on offense. I'm amazed he fell to the second round. Rather would have him than Mendenhall objectively speaking.
I don't think I'll be able to post anything that doesn't end with Lee ****ing Evans until we are back in the thick of next season. FWIW I would take any of your receiving core over Lee ****ing Evans who didn't do a damn thing all season but eat cap and drop balls. If that is Mike Wallace the Ravens are going to Indy.

Just hope we can repeat and give Ray one more chance.

Think that is it for me ya'll, but if you want to stir the pot in the offseason just bash the Ravens. I'll be around

Oh yea Lee ****ing Evans. . .
Old 01-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #130
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
lol glad you think so highly of your team. Somebody has to.
Yeah, unlike fair-weather Baltimoron fans, we stick by our team and don't throw them under the bus because we're butt-hurt about a loss.

It's either that, or your fans and your whiny bitchass coach making up any excuse in the book for why they lost except for taking it like men and admitting a better team beat them or that they just didn't play well enough to get the job done.

Suck it up, buttercup. More failure is bound to be headed your way next season.

Yeesh! You'd think they would be used to it by now and have gotten a support group or something together to hug each other through it.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote