Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-24-2012, 06:47 AM   #1
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483
Default Arians: Steelers didn't offer me a contract

The best part about the YDR article is Arians talks about applying for HC jobs last year with not much luck. I guess he wasn't as "loyal" as the Arians fans thought

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_778095.html

The Steelers called it a retirement, but Bruce Arians has a little different take on it.

Arians told his hometown newspaper -- York Daily Record -- that he had little choice whether he was going to return for a sixth year as Steelers' offensive coordinator.

"When I wasn't offered a contract, it was an easy decision for me," Arians said.

Arians helped the Steelers win Super Bowl XLIII and play in another before he was let go on Friday in what the organization labeled as a retirement.

According to Arians, that wasn't the case, and owner Art Rooney didn't give him a reason why.

"I can't answer that question," Arians said. "Only the people there can. That's the business. I know the job we did as a staff. I don't have any regrets."

Arians help lead the Steelers to back-to-back 12-4 seasons, and helped Ben Roethlisberger Adevelop into one of the top quarterbacks in the league.

Arians said that Roethlisberger wasn't happy with the decision.

"He's not happy, but that's part of the business," Arians said. "He is happy for me. He lives around the corner and we'll still see each other a lot. The phone is always there when he needs me."

Roethlisberger and Arians live near one another in Georgia, and Roethlisberger actually went to bat for Arians two years ago when his job was in jeopardy again.

Arians said that he has been contacted by "five or six" teams since Friday, but wouldn't go into specifics.

Arians touched on other topics as well.

On Mike Tomlin: "My door is always open to him. I respect him a ton. I enjoyed our relationship and learned a lot. It was great watching him grow and working with him."

On what he will miss the most: "The daily interaction with the guys is fantastic. It keeps you young, and it's fun. That part I will miss. It's a great group of young players in Pittsburgh that was fun to coach and will be really good, and I'm looking forward to watching them. The thrill of the games is always something you will miss . . . I will miss the camaraderie in the locker room."

Read more: Arians: Steelers didn't offer me a contract - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...#ixzz1kNZpbn5j
Old 01-24-2012, 06:59 AM   #2
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Re: Arians: Steelers didn't offer me a contract

All ready posted. see http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=84261
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote