Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #11
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 770
Member Number: 20804
Thanks: 67
Thanked 89 Times in 56 Posts
Default Re: Hey, Steeler fans (and Ratbirds!)

The Superbowl 42 footage was pretty much just uncalled for.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,741
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,446
Thanked 11,124 Times in 4,605 Posts
Default Re: Hey, Steeler fans (and Ratbirds!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
The Superbowl 42 footage was pretty much just uncalled for.
no... this is.



[YOUTUBE]3HDhEjBnk3M[/YOUTUBE]

twerkin!
__________________
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:45 AM   #13
ricardisimo
Administrator
 
ricardisimo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lalaland
Posts: 5,446
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15369
Thanks: 339
Thanked 902 Times in 434 Posts
Default Re: Hey, Steeler fans (and Ratbirds!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
no... this is.



[YOUTUBE]3HDhEjBnk3M[/YOUTUBE]

twerkin!
__________________
Why does God hate amputees?
ricardisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:06 AM   #14
IowaSteeler927
The Corn Shucking Hippie
Supporter
 
IowaSteeler927's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Great State of Iowa
Posts: 3,047
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15801
Thanks: 3,574
Thanked 3,821 Times in 1,725 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Hey, Steeler fans (and Ratbirds!)

Well since we're talking Super Bowls and the NE Patriots might I point out that the Patriots..... CHEATED! This is a well known fact that gaytriot fans seem to sweep under the rug. All of your Super Bowl "victories" should have an asterisk next to them. If it were my choice the Patriots should've been stripped of all three of those rings.

Here's a video for you NEPatriots.



I can't wait to watch the Giants tear the Patriots to shreds. You came away with a miracle giveaway victory over the Ravens who made Tom Brady look like the mediocre quarterback he really is. Almost every year the Patriots do well because they either have a pathetically easy schedule or the AFC East is once again one of the worst or most inconsistent divisions in the NFL. You guys feast on bad teams and run up the score to make yourselves look good and even then you still had to cheat your way to 3 Super Bowls. The Giants are fresh off whooping the Packers at Lambeau, and beating the Niners at Candlestick. They already shut down one of the best offenses, and managed to beat one of the best defenses.

Victor Cruz had 140yds receiving against the Niner's defense. You honestly believe that Nicks and Cruz aren't going to have career days against the scrubs you call a secondary? Laughable to say the least. Tom Brady will be munching turf most of this game when Tuck, Umenyiora, and Pierre-Paul make him their bitch.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #15
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 770
Member Number: 20804
Thanks: 67
Thanked 89 Times in 56 Posts
Default Re: Hey, Steeler fans (and Ratbirds!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
Well since we're talking Super Bowls and the NE Patriots might I point out that the Patriots..... CHEATED! This is a well known fact that gaytriot fans seem to sweep under the rug. All of your Super Bowl "victories" should have an asterisk next to them. If it were my choice the Patriots should've been stripped of all three of those rings.

Here's a video for you NEPatriots.



I can't wait to watch the Giants tear the Patriots to shreds. You came away with a miracle giveaway victory over the Ravens who made Tom Brady look like the mediocre quarterback he really is. Almost every year the Patriots do well because they either have a pathetically easy schedule or the AFC East is once again one of the worst or most inconsistent divisions in the NFL. You guys feast on bad teams and run up the score to make yourselves look good and even then you still had to cheat your way to 3 Super Bowls. The Giants are fresh off whooping the Packers at Lambeau, and beating the Niners at Candlestick. They already shut down one of the best offenses, and managed to beat one of the best defenses.

Victor Cruz had 140yds receiving against the Niner's defense. You honestly believe that Nicks and Cruz aren't going to have career days against the scrubs you call a secondary? Laughable to say the least. Tom Brady will be munching turf most of this game when Tuck, Umenyiora, and Pierre-Paul make him their bitch.
The Patriots didn't cheat. This is something insecure Steelers fans harp on more than anyone, envious of the Patriots success. Jimmy Johnson said taping opposing teams signals is something every team did. Should we strip all of the cowboys titles, too? Bill Cowher also said when the "Spygate" story was being blown out of proportion that this wasn't something unique to the Patriots, AKA the Steelers did it too!

The NFL sent out a memo to EVERY team to stop doing it. Belichick didn't take them seriously and because of a Jets / Patriots Mangina / Belichick grudge it was blown out of proportion by a controversy thriving, controversy creating media.

Teams change their signals all of the time. Coaches talk into their headsets behind their play books so their lips can't be read. Everyone is spying on everyone.

What happened after Spygate broke? The Patriots dominated everyone and went 18-1, shattering every offensive record in the league.

The only fan base that gives "Spygate" the credibility and impact that the media tried to pretend it had is the Steelers fans. You're just jealous of the Patriots. That's clear to me when you bring up Spygate and try to diminish their accomplishments.

You wish you had a Tom Brady. You wish you had a Belichick. You wish the Steelers went 16-0. You wish the Steelers had an offense like the Patriots. You wish the Steelers had an organization like the Patriots.

And so you accuse them of cheating when according to Cowher the Steelers did the same thing, along with every other team in the NFL.

You act like the Patriots had insider knowledge of every play being called by opposing teams so they could call the perfect counter. That's just laughable.

It was nothing more than advanced scouting used by the entire NFL.

And calling Brady mediocre? LOL...

Brady wins in two weeks he becomes the arguable greatest Quarterback of all time, surpassing Joe Montana. Put that in your yellow rag and wave it around.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:17 PM   #16
SteelCurtain5643
Team Captain
 
SteelCurtain5643's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 769
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12838
Thanks: 23
Thanked 209 Times in 119 Posts
Default Re: Hey, Steeler fans (and Ratbirds!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
The Patriots didn't cheat. This is something insecure Steelers fans harp on more than anyone, envious of the Patriots success. Jimmy Johnson said taping opposing teams signals is something every team did. Should we strip all of the cowboys titles, too? Bill Cowher also said when the "Spygate" story was being blown out of proportion that this wasn't something unique to the Patriots, AKA the Steelers did it too!

The NFL sent out a memo to EVERY team to stop doing it. Belichick didn't take them seriously and because of a Jets / Patriots Mangina / Belichick grudge it was blown out of proportion by a controversy thriving, controversy creating media.

Teams change their signals all of the time. Coaches talk into their headsets behind their play books so their lips can't be read. Everyone is spying on everyone.

What happened after Spygate broke? The Patriots dominated everyone and went 18-1, shattering every offensive record in the league.

The only fan base that gives "Spygate" the credibility and impact that the media tried to pretend it had is the Steelers fans. You're just jealous of the Patriots. That's clear to me when you bring up Spygate and try to diminish their accomplishments.

You wish you had a Tom Brady. You wish you had a Belichick. You wish the Steelers went 16-0. You wish the Steelers had an offense like the Patriots. You wish the Steelers had an organization like the Patriots.

And so you accuse them of cheating when according to Cowher the Steelers did the same thing, along with every other team in the NFL.

You act like the Patriots had insider knowledge of every play being called by opposing teams so they could call the perfect counter. That's just laughable.

It was nothing more than advanced scouting used by the entire NFL.

And calling Brady mediocre? LOL...

Brady wins in two weeks he becomes the arguable greatest Quarterback of all time, surpassing Joe Montana. Put that in your yellow rag and wave it around.
Jealous of the patriots?? REALLY? Last I checked we had 6 rings and dont need to be jealous or envious of your shit organization in any way or form. And you went 18-1 but nobody remembers it because YOU LOST the SUPERBOWL therefore your 18-1 season is meaningless. Why don't you, brady and belicheat go have fun having circle jerks with each other and you keep living in your own dream world. Up until this postseason you hadnt won a playoff game since 2007. So yeah, I'll take my Steelers over your Gaytriots any day.
SteelCurtain5643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:35 PM   #17
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter
 
stb_steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pa
Posts: 3,567
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14315
Thanks: 173
Thanked 313 Times in 183 Posts
Default Re: Hey, Steeler fans (and Ratbirds!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
The Patriots didn't cheat. This is something insecure Steelers fans harp on more than anyone, envious of the Patriots success. Jimmy Johnson said taping opposing teams signals is something every team did. Should we strip all of the cowboys titles, too? Bill Cowher also said when the "Spygate" story was being blown out of proportion that this wasn't something unique to the Patriots, AKA the Steelers did it too!

The NFL sent out a memo to EVERY team to stop doing it. Belichick didn't take them seriously and because of a Jets / Patriots Mangina / Belichick grudge it was blown out of proportion by a controversy thriving, controversy creating media.

Teams change their signals all of the time. Coaches talk into their headsets behind their play books so their lips can't be read. Everyone is spying on everyone.

What happened after Spygate broke? The Patriots dominated everyone and went 18-1, shattering every offensive record in the league.

The only fan base that gives "Spygate" the credibility and impact that the media tried to pretend it had is the Steelers fans. You're just jealous of the Patriots. That's clear to me when you bring up Spygate and try to diminish their accomplishments.

You wish you had a Tom Brady. You wish you had a Belichick. You wish the Steelers went 16-0. You wish the Steelers had an offense like the Patriots. You wish the Steelers had an organization like the Patriots.

And so you accuse them of cheating when according to Cowher the Steelers did the same thing, along with every other team in the NFL.

You act like the Patriots had insider knowledge of every play being called by opposing teams so they could call the perfect counter. That's just laughable.

It was nothing more than advanced scouting used by the entire NFL.

And calling Brady mediocre? LOL...

Brady wins in two weeks he becomes the arguable greatest Quarterback of all time, surpassing Joe Montana. Put that in your yellow rag and wave it around.
Your a F'in retard.....You think Steeler fans are the only ones that think patriots cheated. Think again. The whole league knows an thinks it!. Why did Goodhell have the tapes destroyed before presented as evidence....AND most of all, why the hell does a so called Patriot fan have to come to a Steeler board to shoot his bullshit, let me guess they took away your pacifier over there.
__________________

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #18
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 770
Member Number: 20804
Thanks: 67
Thanked 89 Times in 56 Posts
Default Re: Hey, Steeler fans (and Ratbirds!)

Read it and weep.

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. -- Bill Cowher believes even if the Indianapolis Colts win the Super Bowl on Sunday, the New England Patriots should be considered the best team of the past decade and scoffed at the idea the Spygate scandal had any impact.

The debate about the best team of the aughts includes three teams. Only the Patriots and Cowher's former team, the Pittsburgh Steelers, won multiple championships. The Colts would win their second with a win over the New Orleans Saints.

"I think the decade still has to go to New England," Cowher said Tuesday at a CBS Sports news conference to preview the Super Bowl. "But the Pittsburgh Steelers went to a lot of championship games, won two Super Bowls. The Colts I'm not so sure within the last five years they haven't been the most consistent football team.

"But you go back to the body of work and the consistency, and I think New England clearly is above everybody else. They never had that one down year. They've been on the brink from when they first won in 2001 until this past year they were in the playoffs. They've been the most consistent team."

The Patriots went to four Super Bowls and won three. The Steelers went to two Super Bowls -- one with Cowher and another with Mike Tomlin -- and won them both.

Cowher gushed about Patriots coach Bill Belichick, citing him as influential to philosophies Cowher applied to the Steelers. Cowher attributed the Steelers' ability win 16 straight regular-seasons games in '04 and '05 to lessons learned from how the Patriots conduct themselves.

"The humility that they won with, that's what set them apart," Cowher said. "I learned a lot from their ability to respect an opponent every week, to not get caught up with it.

"I remember taking a lot from the way the New England Patriots handled success. To me, they epitomize that. How you handle success and not get caught up in it makes them role models."

The primary objection to any discussion about the Patriots' greatness is the videotaping scandal that entangled the organization in 2007. I asked Cowher whether Spygate should taint what the Patriots accomplished.

The Spygate investigation included two victories over Cowher's Steelers in the '01 and '04 AFC Championship Games.

Cowher seems to absolve the Patriots for any wrongdoing.

"Listen, there's people stealing signals all the time before that," Cowher said. "You have ways to hide those things. We had wristbands for our defense. I remember trying to get offensive plays and see what the formations were. Everybody knows.

"You're trying to gain a competitive edge. Did that go beyond it? To a degree. Do I think that helped them win football games? No. You still have to go out and play the game. I still have a hard time believing that was a difference in a game."
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:38 PM   #19
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 770
Member Number: 20804
Thanks: 67
Thanked 89 Times in 56 Posts
Default Re: Hey, Steeler fans (and Ratbirds!)

You're just mad because we put the boots to you all last decade, winning the vast majority of the games via wrapping 35 points around your necks.

Gonna' do it this decade,too.

5 Superbowl appearances now in 10 years. Hold on to your "six championship" title because we'll be surpassing you before long and you know it.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #20
SteelCurtain5643
Team Captain
 
SteelCurtain5643's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 769
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12838
Thanks: 23
Thanked 209 Times in 119 Posts
Default Re: Hey, Steeler fans (and Ratbirds!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
You're just mad because we put the boots to you all last decade, winning the vast majority of the games via wrapping 35 points around your necks.

Gonna' do it this decade,too.

5 Superbowl appearances now in 10 years. Hold on to your "six championship" title because we'll be surpassing you before long and you know it.
This is only your 4th in ten years moron, its 2012, ten years ago would be 2002. And you've only won 3 of those while we have won 2 of the last 3 times we've been there. So you're argument is not very good. I really can't wait till you get destroyed by the Giants yet again so all you gaytriot fans can shut up.
SteelCurtain5643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts