Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804
Default Patriots v Ravens shouldn't even of been close. Officials are morons.

3rd quarter Raven touchdown that got Baltimore back into the game?

Or blatant personal foul five feet in front of an official?

I've been hearing a lot of Raven fans cry foul like they were screwed out of the AFC Championship. I've been hearing a lot of Patriot hating sports journalist cry on their behalf. I've been hearing a lot of NFL fans claiming the Patriots are lucky to have moved on.

I haven't heard anything about the FACT that the Ravens shouldn't even of been back in the game. You can't grab a defensive player by the face mask on the 8 yard line, hold him at arms length, and drag him into the end zone with you.

The TD that brought the Ravens back into the football game wasn't a touch down. They shouldn't even of been in a position to tie the football game.

This was a blatant face mask rape that started on the 8 yard line, continued all the way into the end zone, and got ignored somehow by the official standing 5 feet in front of them.

Ravens suck. You didn't deserve to win. Instead of crying about losing the game be happy the officials LET you even make it close with high way robbery.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #2
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Patriots v Ravens shouldn't even of been close. Officials are morons.

Uh....no. Clearly a TD.

The Ravens, in fact, should have won the game, period. The Patriots are damn lucky that ball in the end zone was dropped. You're an NFL receiver, you have to make that catch and hold on tight.
I will say i don't think we were a SB playing caliber team this year (possibly yes without all the major injuries), but neither are the Patriots.
Shouldn't be there. Not good representation this year by the AFC.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #3
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Default Re: Patriots v Ravens shouldn't even of been close. Officials are morons.

How is that a clear touchdown? The receiver grabbed the Patriot by his face mask at the 8 yard line with his arm outstretched, held him at arms length and dragged him.

That's called a face mask. Not a minor face mask. A face mask rape.

How is the defensive player supposed to make the stop when he's being dragged at running speed by his face mask from 8 yards out?

That wasn't a touch down. It should have been a 15 yard penalty.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

i called that out when it happened.. Smith lunged into the end zone while holding the defender's facemask.. it's like the guy can't score a TD without getting away with some kind of penalty.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #5
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

[YOUTUBE]bzsGg8SAqFM[/YOUTUBE]

There's NO WAY you guys can say this wasn't a blatant personal foul on the Ravens. He grabbed his face mask at around the EIGHT YARD LINE and dragged him into the end zone. That was a BS touchdown.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,124 Times in 2,631 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post

I've been hearing a lot of Raven fans cry foul like they were screwed out of the AFC Championship. I've been hearing a lot of Patriot hating sports journalist cry on their behalf. I've been hearing a lot of NFL fans claiming the Patriots are lucky to have moved on.

Ravens suck. You didn't deserve to win. Instead of crying about losing the game be happy the officials LET you even make it close with high way robbery.
get used to it patty cake.

the ravens piss poor revceiving unit has been getting away with mugging the opponent all year, along with all the phantom pass interference penalties that have won them games or kept them in them. just check the cardinals game, our 2nd game with them, and the week prior or after. 3 game stretch the refs bailed them out.

you gotta face it, the league doesnt want the steelers to be the NY Yankees of the NFL. and make no mistake about it, the steelers are that dominant. why do you think the league has been making anti steelers rules agains our defense since the 70's? why you think a blind eye was turned towards spygate. the league said our 6 foot 200 lb receiver hit too hard for crying out loud. they made the hines ward rule years ago?

ahs anyone seen a flag yet for an offensive player breaking that rule? nope. because it was a BS ***** rule and everybody knows it.

dozens of helmet to helmet contact has been made on a qb and hits on a defensless wr in this years playoff ALONE.

all went unpenalized because it wasnt james harrison, or ryan clark.

theres nothing us fans can do. many steelerfans still bitch about it. many more just move on and accept it for what it is.

its undeniable. art rooney even stepped up at league offices and was politely told to shut his mouth and get back into his place.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #7
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
get used to it patty cake.

the ravens piss poor revceiving unit has been getting away with mugging the opponent all year, along with all the phantom pass interference penalties that have won them games or kept them in them. just check the cardinals game, our 2nd game with them, and the week prior or after. 3 game stretch the refs bailed them out.

you gotta face it, the league doesnt want the steelers to be the NY Yankees of the NFL. and make no mistake about it, the steelers are that dominant. why do you think the league has been making anti steelers rules agains our defense since the 70's? why you think a blind eye was turned towards spygate. the league said our 6 foot 200 lb receiver hit too hard for crying out loud. they made the hines ward rule years ago?

ahs anyone seen a flag yet for an offensive player breaking that rule? nope. because it was a BS ***** rule and everybody knows it.

dozens of helmet to helmet contact has been made on a qb and hits on a defensless wr in this years playoff ALONE.

all went unpenalized because it wasnt james harrison, or ryan clark.

theres nothing us fans can do. many steelerfans still bitch about it. many more just move on and accept it for what it is.

its undeniable. art rooney even stepped up at league offices and was politely told to shut his mouth and get back into his place.
the Ravens might not have even been in New England if the refs hadn't missed a blatant helmet-to-helmet late in the Texans game on a key 3rd down play.. that team lucked out and got away with so much this year, i was happy as hell they fell one game short.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:07 PM   #8
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

You don't need to sell me on the Steelers. I know who they are. I respect the Steelers, they're the one Patriot rival I respect. I don't respect the Colts, the Jets are like the little brother we beat up for lunch money, but I respect the Steelers...... even though I hate them.

At least we can agree that the Ravens are a piece of shit football team! I've never been so pissed off during a football game for so long. First either Suggs or Lewis tries to SERIOUSLY KILL Green Ellis by going helmet to head AFTER his helmet was ripped off by a face mask, they twisted up Gronk's ankle, Lewis tried to break Brady's back after he was clearly in the end zone and the play was dead, they got a face mask rape touchdown and then have the audacity to complain they got screwed when a Pats defense man stripped the ball out of the receivers hands.

I hate the Ravens. We shut their window of opportunity. The Ravens will never go back to the AFC Championship. Pretty soon all their thug players will be retiring and they'll be the beat down bitch of the AFC.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,124 Times in 2,631 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post

At least we can agree that the Ravens are a piece of shit football team! I've never been so pissed off during a football game for so long.
You got that right!

and i would say you are saying that w/o bias. i can say that w/o the natural bias of them being our rivalries as well, because i really had no rooting interest in that game ans was going to be very pleased no matter who lost.

i saw the same things you did. we see it 2 times every year. the ravens (particularly suggs) arent shy about the locker room bounty theyve had on hines ward for years. ray lewis finally collected, giving him a blatant concussion on a helmet to helmet hit that was w/o a doubt illegal.

= no penalty, but a fine was issued the next day.

i watch every televised game when the steelers aren playing and i like watching the sideline demeanor of the coaches (this stemmed from how enjoyable cowher was to watch). i like to compare all the others to tomlin who is by far the coolest cat in the buisiness.

john harbaugh is the biggest bitcher and whiner in the league. i say this from observation, not from bias. his brother jim is sorta the same but not nearly as bad.

atleast other coaches will get pissed and tear into their players who commit an obvious penalty every once in a while.

harbaugh has never seen a penalty his team has committed. in his mind they are perfect. the sad thing is the refs pander to this petulant attitude. they went the entire texans game w/o throwing a single flag. thats unheard of.

im not glad to see the patriots in the SB but am thankful that you stuck it to them in the most painful way imaginable.

it was great.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #10
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

I can't help but wonder if that's why Brady plays so poorly against the Ravens. At times Sunday night it didn't look like his performance had anything to do with the Ravens defensive schemes, like when he missed Gronk wide open for what might have been a touch down.

I honestly wonder if he's just always nervous the whole game by cheap Ravens players ending his career and so is extra careful about everything he does.

They're definitely the dirties and most despicable team we have to play. Not sure about the entire NFL because I only watch so many NFC games, but the Ravens are, without question, certifiably pieces of shit.

I don't like them at all and I don't hate them in a "they're a rival, it's fun to hate them" sort way. I hate them in a "you're the scum of the earth on and off the field" sort of way.

F them and F their fans.