Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-24-2012, 06:04 PM   #31
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
Default Re: Arians says he was forced to retire

Ok hold on.. First off been a Steeler fan since I was 9 going back to 1976 before the daggers start to fly at me, I'm not aband wagon jumper, lol. So these words are from what I feel is a devout fan.

Owning 4 different business's, and constantly moving employees in or out some with contracts, hand shake agreements or just on the books for work done. I have NEVER ever not renewed someone or fired someone without stating why they were let go. I know a lot of you think the Rooneys walk on water. But last I checked they don't. If in fact it went down the way Bruce says, than that is wrong. If in fact it went down the way Bruce says, and Tomlin isnt going to speak out, than he has become the Rooneys bitch. Obviously there are 2 sides to every story. But currently one has stepped up and said what went on.

Regardless of our feelings towards Bruce and not wanting him here, the facts apparently are, he was told thanks but no thanks have a good day. He was a part of 3 superbowl bearths and 2 Super Bowl rings. Regardless of anything, that is the fact. He has worked hard imo, and puts in the time. Sure he runs the offense like I might run my all madden steelers on PS3, but he still ran the offense. (yes I play it in my office, lol)Tomlin was his superior? Yet he seems to have skated free of any blame, if there was blame or finger pointing. The buck stops with him, doesn't it? I mean what fool would run Mendy 4 times on 4 and less than a yard? Arians? Tomlin? Certainly was not Dick L.

If Rooneys wanted to run more with those RB's behind THAT offensive line, fine, we would not have been 12-4, nor made the playoffs. If they want to run with what we have, make NO changes than. Run the ball next year more. We as fans will certainly not have to stress at all about getting home field advanatge or making the playoffs because we will not under the current make up of that Oline go anywhere running first.

Times have changed in the NFL, unless we are signing, McCoy, or Foster, there is no old time Steeler football going on anymore. LBs and DL personell or bigger and faster now, you just dont pound them into tapping out like we did with Bettis etc. Times change, the mindset has to change as well.

Now just another little thing to think of. I stated yesterday that I would not be surprised that someone might sweep in and bid up Wallace, Like the PATs. Late pick, they are a deep speed threat away from going back again next year.
So now Arians leaves, we all know who he loves right? Thats Ben... We all know the Rooneys have issues with Ben, even though he straighten himself out. The Rooneys would probably still dump him if they could because god forbid someone tarnishes the Steelers way. So here they get to show their balls are bigger than every one else. Just stirring the pot on this, but on Wallace, if I'm the Pats, I front load something big and steal him with late first round picks after the Steelers Tag him. This one could happen with some team.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #32
SteelMusic
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 9792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
Bingo...

also working up a game plan that nets 20 points against the Cardinals in the SB, and then gives up 3 Turnovers in the SB against the Packers isn't a "shining" moment for his resume. Maybe a Fullback wouldn't have missed the block Johnson missed on the Mendenhall fumble? Maybe? Just maybe a Philosophical difference wouldn't have our QB throwing a deep ball from his own endzone after pumping into double coverage...maybe our QB will have his eyes opened to the fact that sometimes, you need to check down to the Open Guy and not force the ball.

maybe next year the FG Kicker won't be the team's leading scorer, considering he can't hit from outside 45 yards!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #33
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Peter King was on Atlanta sports talk this evening and when asked about the Steelers front office canning of Arians said the front office was dissatisfied with the lack of imagination in the passing game (bubble screen anyone?) and failure to better utilize a talented receiving corps.

Arians blames it on everyone (the spin about not getting HC interviews because of his age is a new one but telling) but himself

Good riddance
Yet so many old coaches had no problem finding jobs, especially if they won.

I'm betting Tom Coughlan would be offered a job by every team looking if he were fired.

Everyone knows the steelers consistently win because of 2 things.... #1 The steelers front office #2 Dick Lebeau. Over the last 5 years never did anyone say "the steelers are winning because of their offense" The defense is going to need some help next year... we better improve on offense.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:11 PM   #34
6RingsAndCounting
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 21067

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Ok hold on.. 1) First off been a Steeler fan since I was 9 going back to 1976 before the daggers start to fly at me, I'm not aband wagon jumper, lol. So these words are from what I feel is a devout fan.

Owning 4 different business's, and constantly moving employees in or out some with contracts, hand shake agreements or just on the books for work done. 2) I have NEVER ever not renewed someone or fired someone without stating why they were let go. I know a lot of you think the Rooneys walk on water. But last I checked they don't. If in fact it went down the way Bruce says, than that is wrong. If in fact it went down the way Bruce says, and Tomlin isnt going to speak out, than he has become the Rooneys bitch. Obviously there are 2 sides to every story. But currently one has stepped up and said what went on.

Regardless of our feelings towards Bruce and not wanting him here, the facts apparently are, he was told thanks but no thanks have a good day. 3) ]He was a part of 3 superbowl bearths and 2 Super Bowl rings. Regardless of anything, that is the fact. He has worked hard imo, and puts in the time. Sure he runs the offense like I might run my all madden steelers on PS3, but he still ran the offense. (yes I play it in my office, lol)Tomlin was his superior? Yet he seems to have skated free of any blame, if there was blame or finger pointing. The buck stops with him, doesn't it? I mean what fool would run Mendy 4 times on 4 and less than a yard? Arians? Tomlin? Certainly was not Dick L.

4) If Rooneys wanted to run more with those RB's behind THAT offensive line, fine, we would not have been 12-4, nor made the playoffs. If they want to run with what we have, make NO changes than. Run the ball next year more. We as fans will certainly not have to stress at all about getting home field advanatge or making the playoffs because we will not under the current make up of that Oline go anywhere running first.

]Times have changed in the NFL, unless we are signing, McCoy, or Foster, there is no old time Steeler football going on anymore. LBs and DL personell or bigger and faster now, you just dont pound them into tapping out like we did with Bettis etc. Times change, the mindset has to change as well.

Now just another little thing to think of. I stated yesterday that I would not be surprised that someone might sweep in and bid up Wallace, Like the PATs. Late pick, they are a deep speed threat away from going back again next year.
So now Arians leaves, we all know who he loves right? Thats Ben... We all know the Rooneys have issues with Ben, even though he straighten himself out. The Rooneys would probably still dump him if they could because god forbid someone tarnishes the Steelers way. So here they get to show their balls are bigger than every one else. Just stirring the pot on this, but on Wallace 5), if I'm the Pats, I front load something big and steal him with late first round picks after the Steelers Tag him. This one could happen with some team.
1) Not going to call you a bandwagoner at all, I respect your opinion and agree with most of your points to an extent.
2) We don't know that what Arians said is true, for all we know, he could just be angry with losing his job and just blowing off steam,
3) Yes he has been part of that many Super Bowls, but you can also argue that he was carried there by the defense. In '08 this team was carried by the defense and Ben going no huddle late in the game.
4) I'm not too thrilled about the Rooney's wanting to go back to old Steeler football. I'm hoping that they mean that they want to become more balanced, at least to quit being so predictable. I believe that was Bruce's problem, he was so predictable because he was so quick to abandon the run during a game, I know its been said before, but it's bad when Phil Simms is calling out your plays.
5) I have a feeling you are right about this, and I have a feeling Wallace is going wherever he gets the most money. I don't know why, but I get that vibe off of Wallace, after watching the lack of effort he showed towards the end of the season, I wouldn't be shocked to see him go.
6RingsAndCounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:27 PM   #35
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Jeezus....

Reading people's comments in this thread-- one would swear that Arians must have done one, some, or all of the below to the posters on this thread:

1) raped and murdered their mother
2) got their kid sister pregnant
3) burned their favorite Steelers jersey
4) shit in their front yard

Arians is gone-- he was not a good offensive playcaller, but not as bad as some make him out to be. But he certainly doesn't deserve all the hatred he gets from all the 12 year olds on the internet.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:27 PM   #36
60_MINUTES
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 20464

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Ok hold on.. First off been a Steeler fan since I was 9 going back to 1976 before the daggers start to fly at me, I'm not aband wagon jumper, lol. So these words are from what I feel is a devout fan.

Owning 4 different business's, and constantly moving employees in or out some with contracts, hand shake agreements or just on the books for work done. I have NEVER ever not renewed someone or fired someone without stating why they were let go. I know a lot of you think the Rooneys walk on water. But last I checked they don't. If in fact it went down the way Bruce says, than that is wrong. If in fact it went down the way Bruce says, and Tomlin isnt going to speak out, than he has become the Rooneys bitch. Obviously there are 2 sides to every story. But currently one has stepped up and said what went on.

Regardless of our feelings towards Bruce and not wanting him here, the facts apparently are, he was told thanks but no thanks have a good day. He was a part of 3 superbowl bearths and 2 Super Bowl rings. Regardless of anything, that is the fact. He has worked hard imo, and puts in the time. Sure he runs the offense like I might run my all madden steelers on PS3, but he still ran the offense. (yes I play it in my office, lol)Tomlin was his superior? Yet he seems to have skated free of any blame, if there was blame or finger pointing. The buck stops with him, doesn't it? I mean what fool would run Mendy 4 times on 4 and less than a yard? Arians? Tomlin? Certainly was not Dick L.

If Rooneys wanted to run more with those RB's behind THAT offensive line, fine, we would not have been 12-4, nor made the playoffs. If they want to run with what we have, make NO changes than. Run the ball next year more. We as fans will certainly not have to stress at all about getting home field advanatge or making the playoffs because we will not under the current make up of that Oline go anywhere running first.

Times have changed in the NFL, unless we are signing, McCoy, or Foster, there is no old time Steeler football going on anymore. LBs and DL personell or bigger and faster now, you just dont pound them into tapping out like we did with Bettis etc. Times change, the mindset has to change as well.

So now Arians leaves, we all know who he loves right? Thats Ben... We all know the Rooneys have issues with Ben, even though he straighten himself out. The Rooneys would probably still dump him if they could because god forbid someone tarnishes the Steelers way. So here they get to show their balls are bigger than every one else. Just stirring the pot on this, but on Wallace, if I'm the Pats, I front load something big and steal him with late first round picks after the Steelers Tag him. This one could happen with some team.

BA is full of shit.. he gives little kid answers back to anyone that asks him something he doesnt want to answer...

Without going into detail to answer all your points I will say this plain and simple.. The Rooneys have done this for 40 years and most experts would say they have done it better then anyone else in history.. not to mention they dont make a ownership that is more loyal then the rooneys... 3 head coaches in the past 40 years.. and your gonna support a cry baby that has been bitching and taking cheap shots at fans and everything else for a few years.. If he is to stupid to figure out why he was fired then he is worse then I thought... The guy was 21st with a Team that most experts think have more Talent on O then anyone in the league period. Your goona say the Rooneys are at fault... how many coaches air out shit like this after being let go????? wow BA acted just as I thought he would

Just move on the Steelers made you big money and BEN played school yard ball and made you look good as well...

Main thing is simple.. Its the NFL people get fired everyday because teams want to go a different direction.. So the Rooneys think the O should be better what is hard to understand about that move on already
60_MINUTES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:47 AM   #37
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,694 Times in 1,658 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Peter King was on Atlanta sports talk this evening and when asked about the Steelers front office canning of Arians said the front office was dissatisfied with the lack of imagination in the passing game (bubble screen anyone?) and failure to better utilize a talented receiving corps.

Arians blames it on everyone (the spin about not getting HC interviews because of his age is a new one but telling) but himself

Good riddance
Thanks for bringing this to my attention

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:41 AM   #38
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

#5- If Wallace goes to New England the rest of the league can pack it up and take a few years off. They have 1 wr and 2 te's and still tear it up without any deep threat. If Wallace is there drawing a double coverage or drawing the safeties real deep and forcing LB's to cover Gronkowski and Hernandez while leaving Welker one on one in the slot then there is no stopping them. If they got Wallace and a few defensive players they would be looking at another 16-0 season especially with their usual powder puff schedule. Rooney said he wanted to change and improve the offense and he did already. Losing your fastest and maybe your best WR wont make the offense better. He also said keeping Wallace was a big prority, I am confident we will keep him, plus we know the consequences if he goes to the Pats.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:50 AM   #39
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,694 Times in 1,658 Posts
My Mood: Aggressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
#5- If Wallace goes to New England the rest of the league can pack it up and take a few years off. They have 1 wr and 2 te's and still tear it up without any deep threat. If Wallace is there drawing a double coverage or drawing the safeties real deep and forcing LB's to cover Gronkowski and Hernandez while leaving Welker one on one in the slot then there is no stopping them. If they got Wallace and a few defensive players they would be looking at another 16-0 season especially with their usual powder puff schedule. Rooney said he wanted to change and improve the offense and he did already. Losing your fastest and maybe your best WR wont make the offense better. He also said keeping Wallace was a big prority, I am confident we will keep him, plus we know the consequences if he goes to the Pats.
I went back and looked through previous posts and pages in this topic, but I can't find who suggested Mike Wallace would be heading to NE? But that's beside the point for me. If it was my decision, and it came down to Brown or Wallace, i'd probably keep #84.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:08 AM   #40
Rockonsteel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15574

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60_MINUTES View Post
BA is full of shit.. he gives little kid answers back to anyone that asks him something he doesnt want to answer...

Without going into detail to answer all your points I will say this plain and simple.. The Rooneys have done this for 40 years and most experts would say they have done it better then anyone else in history.. not to mention they dont make a ownership that is more loyal then the rooneys... 3 head coaches in the past 40 years.. and your gonna support a cry baby that has been bitching and taking cheap shots at fans and everything else for a few years.. If he is to stupid to figure out why he was fired then he is worse then I thought... The guy was 21st with a Team that most experts think have more Talent on O then anyone in the league period. Your goona say the Rooneys are at fault... how many coaches air out shit like this after being let go????? wow BA acted just as I thought he would

Just move on the Steelers made you big money and BEN played school yard ball and made you look good as well...

Main thing is simple.. Its the NFL people get fired everyday because teams want to go a different direction.. So the Rooneys think the O should be better what is hard to understand about that move on already
B-I-N-G-O!!!

The way BA is handling this is extremely petty. But, not surprising at all coming from the guy who answered every question regarding the offense with, "I called the perfect play, the guys just didn't execute it", and of course, the classic, "we don't adjust to what the other team is doing, we just do what we do". WHAT?!?! Isn't that what an offensive coordinator is paid to do? I'm so glad he's the hell up outta here.

Rockon
Rockonsteel is offline   Reply With Quote