Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #11
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts
Default Re: Bradshaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminpa View Post
Ben would have to start watching film to advance to be worthy of being Bradshaw's laundry boy.
That's funny because they said the same kind of things about Bradshaw, back in the day.

The only thing Ben doesn't have is Bradshaw's long ball. But from a philosophical and personality standpoint, they're almost identical.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #12
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
That's funny because they said the same kind of things about Bradshaw, back in the day.

The only thing Ben doesn't have is Bradshaw's long ball. But from a philosophical and personality standpoint, they're almost identical.
Oh no.....Bens not getting a gig with FOX is he?.....

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #13
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
Oh no.....Bens not getting a gig with FOX is he?.....
The only reason Terry is there is because he can SAY "Fox", unlike CBS or NBC where he'd have to spell out the name.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:20 PM   #14
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
The only reason Terry is there is because he can SAY "Fox", unlike CBS or NBC where he'd have to spell it.
Hey now....easy!!! lol

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #15
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
I am old enough (54) to remember Terry well. If the internet was around in the 70's he would of been belittled worse than Ben. I loved him, he threw the prettiest long ball I believe ever but he took chances and made some errors that left you shaking your head. Hey the first two SuperBowls where truly defensive wins. The latter two he had come into his own and were more offensive.
I can remember when they drafted him and you're right. They called him the dumbest QB in the NFL can't imagine what it would have been like with the internet. I used to get so mad if I could have gotten to him I could have chocked him. But then he would unleash that cannon of an arm and leave me wondering how the hell did he make that throw.
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #16
jiminpa
Starter

Member Number: 20511

Quote:

Bradshaw has a brain, and never minded handing the ball off. Yeah, he loved to throw the ball, but he learned to be a team player, and was all about the win. He actually took hits in the stats to win games, and was happy to do it for the "W." You can't get any further from BR in philosophy and still be talking about football. Aside from preferring to throw the ball, and their toughness, they don't have anything else in common. Bradshaw had earned the right to keep his inflated ego and learned humility, BR got graduate's track in humility and kept his ego.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:25 PM   #17
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392

Quote:
The only reason Terry is there is because he can SAY "Fox", unlike CBS or NBC where he'd have to spell out the name.
Now that is some funny shit!
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #18
jiminpa
Starter

Member Number: 20511

Quote:
He might transpose the letters.
jiminpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #19
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminpa View Post
Ben would have to start watching film to advance to be worthy of being Bradshaw's laundry boy.
Man I watched both and like I said I loved TB, but the Steelers of the 70's had the best line in the NFL and the best Defense possibly ever and he had two extremely gifted receivers and a hoss of a back. I mean the rules did not favor the offense like today and the defense could actually hit a QB but YOU just do not appreciate what we have now at QB. Terry excelled on the long ball, something that Ben does not but I think Ben in that era would of been just as good IF not even better. I do not like to compare different era's but since you automatically put TB that much higher than Ben I just had to post.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #20
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
I am old enough (54) to remember Terry well. If the internet was around in the 70's he would of been belittled worse than Ben. I loved him, he threw the prettiest long ball I believe ever but he took chances and made some errors that left you shaking your head. Hey the first two SuperBowls where truly defensive wins. The latter two he had come into his own and were more offensive.

i'm not quite that old, but i've read alot....and i do know that Terry was pretty much called the dumbest idiot so much it was relentless. By fans, media, and opposing players alike.
You think Ben gets called for making mistakes?? It's nothing compared to what Bradshaw went through.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote