Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #11
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718
Default Re: Eli

Wow Ben is just riding his defenses coat tails yet Eli is the new Joe Montana. Some quick points Eli 185 tds/129 Int. Career 58.4 completion rate with a 7.0 ypc. Team record 69-50 Compare to Ben 165/100 63.1% 8.4 ypc. Team record 80-33.

Eli played a very safe and smart game the other night, took his dump offs and did not force many, but he was lucky two SF players ran into each other or he had a sure pick one time. Might not even been his fault, looked like the receiver broke off wrong. The Giants were given two gifts or they score only 10 points and the 49ers in the SuperBowl. The Giants Defense has been as dominant as anybody in the playoffs, basically shutting out Atlanta, keeping Rogers in check, and the 49ers were lucky to score what they did. And dont get me started on the Superbowl where they beat the Patriots, while glad it happened the Defense held Brady and co. to 14 points. BTW compare these numbers 19-34 255 yds 2 td and 1 INT----21-30 256 yds 1TD 1INT the first numbers are Eli's MVP performance vs Bens second Superbowl performance.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #12
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

I am sick of Eli here in north MS every Rebel fan has jumped on the wagon, my sons jumped off the Steelers and I will have to hear about how Eli is better than Ben. Their argument is Ben is carried by his defense but no mention of how well the Giants defense plays. I tell them if the Steelers had drafted Eli some how then I would pull for him and if Ben played with the Giants I would care less about him. But I root for the team First and if I have a player on the Steelers then he is my man.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:19 PM   #13
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
I am sick of Eli here in north MS every Rebel fan has jumped on the wagon, my sons jumped off the Steelers and I will have to hear about how Eli is better than Ben. Their argument is Ben is carried by his defense but no mention of how well the Giants defense plays. I tell them if the Steelers had drafted Eli some how then I would pull for him and if Ben played with the Giants I would care less about him. But I root for the team First and if I have a player on the Steelers then he is my man.
The problems on our offense are at a much bigger level than "Ben". I'm starting to ignore and tune out the morons on this site.
I'm excited to get a new OC and hopefully a new look because thats exactly where many of our problems started. You can't score points when the other team likely knows the type of play you're running next (as well as the announcers and fans at home on their couches....).
We have a great QB. The entire offense just needs a tuneup and an overhaul of sorts.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #14
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Where did this Eli better than Ben come from? Not from my post. I was pointing out that he seems not to get the respect of being a top QB.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #15
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Where did this Eli better than Ben come from? Not from my post. I was pointing out that he seems not to get the respect of being a top QB.
No you did not and if I steered it wrong its on me. Its just I get so tried of hearing Ben Bashers say he rides the defenses coat tails or he cannot put up the points like they think we should, yet when Eli plays a top defense he puts up very meager numbers and his offense scores only 10 points. And he is named a SuperBowl MVP when his numbers are virtual the same as Bens in his second SuperBowl. Eli' defense is playing lights out right now and they were the difference maker in the last SuperBowl they played.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:00 PM   #16
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
No you did not and if I steered it wrong its on me. Its just I get so tried of hearing Ben Bashers say he rides the defenses coat tails or he cannot put up the points like they think we should, yet when Eli plays a top defense he puts up very meager numbers and his offense scores only 10 points. And he is named a SuperBowl MVP when his numbers are virtual the same as Bens in his second SuperBowl. Eli' defense is playing lights out right now and they were the difference maker in the last SuperBowl they played.
I'm a BR7 backer, i know where we would be without him! Yikes!
Old 01-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #17
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post
Eli has a solid team all around him on both sides of the ball.
I've gotten to the point where I almost respect him. He's definitely tougher than his brother...

But put him on a questionable football team and he isn't going to any Superbowl.
He can barely get over .500 with the team he has.
Bullshit Eli Manning is a whinning crybaby just watch him in games. He makes a bad read and then looks at his recievers like WHAT WERE YOU DOING? The Giants defense carried them to their last SB victory not ELI. I would think as a Cheatriots fan you could have seen this.
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #18
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRick View Post
Bullshit Eli Manning is a whinning crybaby just watch him in games. He makes a bad read and then looks at his recievers like WHAT WERE YOU DOING? The Giants defense carried them to their last SB victory not ELI. I would think as a Cheatriots fan you could have seen this.
The 49ers beat the piss out of Eli...I thought he stood his ground firm!
Old 01-25-2012, 10:20 PM   #19
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392

I really shouldn't have included the quote in my last post. I totally agree with NE Patriots about Eli.
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:25 AM   #20
BlaZeQuietly
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 18219

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Is one of the best in the league...Win or lose
agreed I think something about peyton not playing has allowed him to step up, there must be some deep psychological reason for it, probably just not playing in his brothers shadow has given him more confidence, that would be my guess, he has mad some really good throws, although I agree he hasn't played to peytons level as far as getting rid of the ball as fast and having as perfect precision with his passes, he has definitely really impressed me while playing under pressure, I would even go as far as to say I'd rather have him on an attempt for a 2 minute game winning drive than roethlisberger.