Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-25-2012, 09:26 PM   #11
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,083 Times in 2,377 Posts
Default Re: The L.A. Colts by the end of the decade!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Im not sure you would not want Manning to mentor Luck for several years. Seems like a win win to me?
Can't afford it with the bonus Peyton is due in early March
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:46 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,825 Times in 2,091 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Im not sure you would not want Manning to mentor Luck for several years. Seems like a win win to me?
thats pretty easy for jim caldwell or the polians to say when they are not the ones who signed the check for $26,000,000 last year and facing signing another for $28,000,000 in march for a player who may not even be able to play.

unfortunately they are no longer around and jim irsay will be making the final decision. when youre the check writer, the decision to cut ties suddenly becomes an easy one.

if manning wants to come back for 4 mil to be mentor, im pretty certain the team owner would be willing to listen...
Old 01-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #13
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Can't afford it with the bonus Peyton is due in early March
The Dolts have already stated that they could afford both.
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:24 PM   #14
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
thats pretty easy for jim caldwell or the polians to say when they are not the ones who signed the check for $26,000,000 last year and facing signing another for $28,000,000 in march for a player who may not even be able to play.

unfortunately they are no longer around and jim irsay will be making the final decision. when youre the check writer, the decision to cut ties suddenly becomes an easy one.

if manning wants to come back for 4 mil to be mentor, im pretty certain the team owner would be willing to listen...
Actually the bonus is due next month. They're talking about delaying or re working the bonus if he can't pass physical. If the Dolts draft Luck, like they're saying they will, Manning will probably be gone in a couple of years.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:57 PM   #15
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804

Didn't Manning's father say he talks with Luck's father and knows Luck and Manning don't want to be on the same team?

I'm pretty sure i've read numerous times that Luck wants to go to a team where he'll be a starting quarterback week 1, not sit in the shadows behind a quarterback who doesn't even allow his back ups to take a single snap in practice.
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:25 PM   #16
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,825 Times in 2,091 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRick View Post
Actually the bonus is due next month. They're talking about delaying or re working the bonus if he can't pass physical. If the Dolts draft Luck, like they're saying they will, Manning will probably be gone in a couple of years.
if im jim irsay i pretty much see the obvious- "my club isnt making a SB run in '12 especially since i just blew up the FO and coaching staff. i can pay an extra $28 mil to not go to the superbowl, or reallocate those funds and build towards hopefully going to the sb sooner."

i think he is going to cut ties, hope luck is his next manning, and roll with the less expensive consequenses if he is not.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:56 AM   #17
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
if im jim irsay i pretty much see the obvious- "my club isnt making a SB run in '12 especially since i just blew up the FO and coaching staff. i can pay an extra $28 mil to not go to the superbowl, or reallocate those funds and build towards hopefully going to the sb sooner."

i think he is going to cut ties, hope luck is his next manning, and roll with the less expensive consequenses if he is not.
The talking heads at ESPN seem to agree with you, at least from what I could glean while at the gym this morning. Suddenly all of that talk about signing Manning to be Ben's backup became... oh, never mind, it's still crack-pipe stupid.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #18
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Quote:

Hey man I agree with you. I'm just putting out what they are saying on the local news. I don't know why Irsay stuck with the Polians as long as he did.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:36 PM   #19
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,666 Times in 1,153 Posts

Quote:

exactly. the colts need to go into rebuild mode. you don't pay a high price for a house that needs completely remodeled...
reggie wayne and robert mathis both are UFA in march.
dwight freeney is a 19 mill cap hit in 2012

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #20
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,083 Times in 2,377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRick View Post
Manning is gone now

Two days after Peyton Manning publicly complained about the dour atmosphere at team headquarters following a 2-14 season and a rash of firings, Colts owner Jim Irsay introduced his new head coach and then stunned everyone by calling his franchise player a "politician" who had decided to air dirty laundry.

"I don't think it's in the best interest to paint the horseshoe in a negative light, I really don't," Irsay told reporters, referring to the team's longtime logo. "The horseshoe always comes first, and I think one thing he's always known, because he's been around it so long, is that, you know, you keep it in the family. If you've got a problem you talk to each other, it's not about campaigning or anything like that."

The comments suggest there is a rift between Manning and Irsay, who is just six weeks from a deadline to pay the four-time league MVP a $28 million bonus or risk losing him as a free agent. And it all blew up in public on a day the team wanted attention focused on Chuck Pagano, the Ravens' defensive coordinator who takes over as head coach with a host of problems to address.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/75...ublic-comments
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote