Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #41
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447
Default Re: But is it Too Late to Fix Ben ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
I wasn't singling you out. It just seemed like from one day to the next everyone decided that Ben was fat and lazy. If this was a sentiment that I had seen floating around regularly (from posters other than the Raven lurkers, that is) then I would have let it pass without comment.

Besides, my question still stands: where are people getting this idea? Show us an article. We're here to share Steeler news and discuss it.
We're cool. No animosity from my side.

I don't know about you but I don't need an article to realize that Ben's fatter and less mobile than 4 years ago.
As for being lazy, I don't know if he is but he's known for not studying tapes as much as his peers. I remember reading articles about it.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #42
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

http://nicepickcowher.com/2012/01/25...ger-really-is/

...straightforward, but nuthin' much that we didn't already know about.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #43
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

Ben is already a top 4-6 QB in the league. When I read some posts here, I think we are talking about Joe Flacco. The Steelers don't need to fix Ben. They need to fix the O-Line and have a competent OC.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #44
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,201 Times in 477 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

this thread sucks!!!!

ben has taken us to 3 superbowls. ben doesnt need to be fixed. some of you guys though......
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #45
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 2,137 Times in 920 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VASTEELER View Post
this thread sucks!!!!

ben has taken us to 3 superbowls. ben doesnt need to be fixed. some of you guys though......
Yeah but it's a fact that Ben doesn't throw 45 TD's a year and his QB rating isn't 158, so obviously he's not built for this league and frankly, I just can't understand how we've managed to put up with him for as long as we have!

I mean, ONLY 3 Super Bowls in what? Seven years?
The guy is obviously dogshit!
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #46
FrancoLambert
Team President

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,027 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by VASTEELER View Post
this thread sucks!!!!

Maybe "fixed" is a poor choice of words. But how about "improved?" I think we can all agree that everyone (generally) tries to improve at their craft be it quaterback of the Steelers or your dentist. Working to strengthen your weaknesses is something that leads to improvement. The real question should be, "does Ben work his hardest to become the best he can be?"
I'm certainly no insider, but he has certainly contributed to the notion/ reputation / image of someone who doesn't.
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #47
wera176
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18645

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
Yeah but it's a fact that Ben doesn't throw 45 TD's a year and his QB rating isn't 158, so obviously he's not built for this league and frankly, I just can't understand how we've managed to put up with him for as long as we have!

I mean, ONLY 3 Super Bowls in what? Seven years?
The guy is obviously dogshit!
Yeah, but don't forget he rode the defense's back every time.

Actually, I jest. I agree with you 110%. The dude may not do it all pretty like Brady and put up HUGE numbers like the other fantasy princesses, he's a gamer and just the type of guy I enjoy watching/having on our team. AND, he's numbers ARE NOT THAT BAD. Look at Ws and Ls, YPA/YPC, career QB rating, etc... Sure, he looked slow at the end of the year HE COULD BARELY WALK! (You forgot drama queen, btw )

If that's dogshit...

I agree that with an OC that can figure out a better play in the red zone than "Everyone try to get open while Ben gets chased around the pocket" then the team is going to be dangerous!
wera176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 12:41 PM   #48
Sneak
Water Boy

Member Number: 19775

The guy is a freaking hero in my book. Nothing that needs "fixing". Can he improve? Yes. So can Tom Brady. So could Peyton Manning before the injury. So can ANYONE at ANYTHING. Nobody is 100 percent perfect.

But you know what I say? I say we should be grateful for having Big Ben, because he goes out there and plays his heart out despite being hurt. He is also mobile enough (atleast when all limbs are intact) to actually make it viable to play with that OL of ours.

Honestly, to badmouth the guy for his performance in the matches after the Browns game, when he displayed great loyalty and leadership by even stepping out on the field is just nonsense. If he HADNT played he would have gotten crap for not being tough enough for the team.

As far as his character - are we talking about that stuff early last season? Or the motorcycle accident?

The accident, fine. He was being an asshole riding his bike. Seen any stories about him doing that lately?

About those women? Was he charged? It was all about "placing himself in that situation", as if he let the team down by going to a club in the offseason.

Seriously.. Leave the guy alone.
Sneak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:29 PM   #49
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Myth #1 We scored more under Cowher when we ran the ball.
This is False we scored on avg less than we have with Tomlin as coach, As a matter of fact the scoring differential is less for Cowher than Tomlin.

Myth #2 But we won more when we ran. False again Tomlins win pct is higher than Cowhers even if you factor in his best rushing teams and his two SuperBowl teams. Matter of fact his first SuperBowl we were more a passing team with Neil O'Donnell as QB. And the one he won had a second year QB lead the team through three road games with these kind of numbers 49-72 68% 7TD 1 INT
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #50
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Hey how bout we just cut Ben and start Batch next season, or maybe Dixon. We all know you can pick up a franchise QB nearly every draft. The Steelers have drafted a QB with their first pick 3 times in modern era Terry, Malone, and Ben. Now it appears to me that two of those times has paid in spades and Malone was not part of the equation. I can understand some critical statements but some of you guys are just showing hate. Personal life aside he has been a great QB for this Team. He is so selfish he plays hurt, takes hits, and takes up for a team mate publicly nearly always. Sorry if he wrecked some of your fantasy teams.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote