Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #11
ItalianSteelersFan178443
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20776
Default Re: Banks on Pick #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
I think we need an OL, but my money's on Mark Barron at Safety.
Why do you still insist that they taking him?! It is clear they are going to attack either line first.
ItalianSteelersFan178443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #12
BossAus
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18668

It's not definite we take OLine or DLine. The Steelers take the best player available, just look at our draft last year. Cordy Glenn is definitely not the best player available, he would be a reach to fill a position of need. I agree that if Hightower or Barron is there we should take one. I also think we should possibly take Burfict just because I'd hate to see the Ravens get him.
BossAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:49 AM   #13
blackandgoldsc
Water Boy

Member Number: 17548

I agree we need some o line and NT help. I don't know if there will be anyone at our pick that would be worth a first round choice for the O line. With that said (and I know it isn't NT) I would like to see us take Melvin Ingram or Burfict. Ingram can adjust from what he played in college and be an asset.
blackandgoldsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:55 AM   #14
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

The Steelers always take the best player available (in their view) in the draft. I don't think they will change this approach anytime soon.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:08 AM   #15
6RingsAndCounting
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 21067

I'm not too worried about Burfict's troubles. I think they should take him, it seems like the defense was missing their emotion towards the end of the season and I think he would bring some swagger back
6RingsAndCounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #16
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

I like Poe or Burfict. Would love a quality O-Line guy.

Is it just me but does it seem that unless you are drafting in the top half of the draft that there is little to no difference between O-Linemen that are available between say, picks 17-64. A lot of very good linemen are picked between those numbers, but few really great ones, while at least to me the very best are high picks. Anyones thoughts on this?
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #17
6RingsAndCounting
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 21067

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Is it just me but does it seem that unless you are drafting in the top half of the draft that there is little to no difference between O-Linemen that are available between say, picks 17-64. A lot of very good linemen are picked between those numbers, but few really great ones, while at least to me the very best are high picks. Anyones thoughts on this?
I agree completely, once the top 3-5 linemen are taken, it's almost like you could randomly pick them.
6RingsAndCounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:39 AM   #18
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Went back and took a quick look at the last ten years of the draft concerning the Steelers, and when it comes to O-linemen we have been up and down the board.. Simmons and Maurkice both 1st rd, Gilbert 2nd, Urbik,Essex, and Starks 3rd, Colon a 4th, Stephenson a fifth (honestly i do not remember this guy) Kemo 6th and Shipley in the 7th. Of course we have had some undrafted guys make the squad and even an odd free agent here and there. It would appear that the Steelers FO is at least trying to address the line with the last two drafts seeing as how they used a #1 and a #2 pick the last two years, something they normally have not done.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #19
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

I would be fired up about any interior lineman, O or D, or a CB. Nothing else in the 1st round!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #20
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

It's mostly going to depend on who they have to cut loose to get under the cap. I suspect that they will go O-line but I agree that they go with what they consider BPA. The people picking have not changed and I doubt they go away from their formula. I don't see them picking up a safety since they have several up and coming players to fill that position. Too many other positions that need people worse. I do believe Rooney has made it clear that it is a priority to keep Ben upright in the coming year so my guess is O-line unless they have to reach for someone. BTW, I don't have time to follow the NFL and college football, so I don't know anything about the college players available. So I can't comment on specific players. The Steelers rarely pick the players that people mention any way because they are usually gone.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote