Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #11
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Patriots v Ravens shouldn't even of been close. Officials are morons.

the Ravens are known for hard hitting and Brady never plays well under pressure. This is why i've said for a long time that Brady is way over-rated. I'm not saying he isn't good. He is. But i've never....ever.....thought of him as "the best". And there's no one changing my mind about that.
He's been fortunate to have played behind a ridiculously good line and more oft than not, doesn't see near the pressure that almost every other QB faces. If you put a Philip Rivers behind that line, or Eli Manning, or yes, a Ben Roethlisberger, how do you think they play? You got it...........they play like God too.
Before the last NY/NE super bowl when everybody was picking Brady's team, i said if NY gets pressure to him, he's not going to play well and they're going to win. And thats exactly what happened.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #12
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Member Number: 20804
Default Re: Patriots v Ravens shouldn't even of been close. Officials are morons.

That's only Brady's weakness. He's not a scrambling quarterback. That doesn't diminish what he is. Tom Brady is one of the greatest because of his ability to read defenses, see through them and rip them to pieces. This and his laser like accuracy.

And he isn't bad under pressure. He's good at shifting back and forth within the pocket and has great instincts for where the rush is coming from, people behind him, the left, the right.

He just isn't good when he is getting completely overwhelmed by a pass rush. Are any quarterbacks?
PATS16N0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:44 PM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,205 Times in 2,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPatriots View Post

He just isn't good when he is getting completely overwhelmed by a pass rush. Are any quarterbacks?
ben is.

but i agree with you on brady being able to read defenses (helps when he has all the extra study material to learn from) and his accuracy really cant be denied. either youre accurate or youre not. aaron rogers is completely sick with his accuracy and completes passes i swear no qb should try. so in regards to brady, i can recognize that.

but i also agree he is extra skittish when it comes to facing a team like the ravens. ben is used to it. his 1st taste of the nfl was vs them and hes been whipping their ass ever sense.

bens and brady's numbers bear out how differently they handle the pressure. ngata broke his nose, which appeared to me to be a "careless swipe" doesnt phase ben.

brady (and everybody else) know when the ravens play him, they are looking to kill him. he's smart. he doesnt want his career to end. nothing wrong with that i guess.

ben says he's gonna keep playing the way he plays and if his career ends early because of it then so be it.

one way is not more right than the other. different strokes for different folks. that is the reason why some prefer ben over brady and vice versa.

**** the ravens. the bengals suck.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:50 PM   #14
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
3rd quarter Raven touchdown that got Baltimore back into the game?

Or blatant personal foul five feet in front of an official?

I've been hearing a lot of Raven fans cry foul like they were screwed out of the AFC Championship. I've been hearing a lot of Patriot hating sports journalist cry on their behalf. I've been hearing a lot of NFL fans claiming the Patriots are lucky to have moved on.

I haven't heard anything about the FACT that the Ravens shouldn't even of been back in the game. You can't grab a defensive player by the face mask on the 8 yard line, hold him at arms length, and drag him into the end zone with you.

The TD that brought the Ravens back into the football game wasn't a touch down. They shouldn't even of been in a position to tie the football game.

This was a blatant face mask rape that started on the 8 yard line, continued all the way into the end zone, and got ignored somehow by the official standing 5 feet in front of them.

Ravens suck. You didn't deserve to win. Instead of crying about losing the game be happy the officials LET you even make it close with high way robbery.
Why dont you take it to Ravens Board, im sure they'd love to hear you cryin!

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:52 PM   #15
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
[YOUTUBE]bzsGg8SAqFM[/YOUTUBE]

There's NO WAY you guys can say this wasn't a blatant personal foul on the Ravens. He grabbed his face mask at around the EIGHT YARD LINE and dragged him into the end zone. That was a BS touchdown.
PHOTO SHOPPED

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #16
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Ben's a tank. I've seen people try to sack him and bounce off and fall to the field.

My main criticism with Ben (aside from the usual) is that i've seen him a lot not let it all hang out there for the win. There has been more than one occasion where i've seen the Steelers down under the 2 minute mark and instead of go for it he throws a 5 yard pass to pad his stats rather than risk the interception to go for the win.

I don't have any ill feelings towards him, though. I hate Peyton Manning. Eli is a pain in the ass. Mr Discount Double Check has a smirk that goes up me sideways. Sanchez is a bum. Flacco sucks and looks like he should be in a Burt Reynolds movie from the 70's. Brees doesn't do anything for me...

Come to think of it Ben is probably my second favorite quarterback in the league.
That's..... weird to say.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #17
PATS16N0
Brady Ball-Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
Why dont you take it to Ravens Board, im sure they'd love to hear you cryin!
I tried. Their moderators won't let it through. They want their "we got screwed" narrative so they can cry on each other and act like victims.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:02 PM   #18
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,205 Times in 2,670 Posts

Quote:
My main criticism with Ben (aside from the usual) is that i've seen him a lot not let it all hang out there for the win. There has been more than one occasion where i've seen the Steelers down under the 2 minute mark and instead of go for it he throws a 5 yard pass to pad his stats rather than risk the interception to go for the win.

Come to think of it Ben is probably my second favorite quarterback in the league.
That's..... weird to say
[YOUTUBE]r6vaR0nobrU[/YOUTUBE]

welcome to the darkside. before too long you will forget all you have been taught and realize your full power and potential.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #19
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,543 Times in 2,355 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

that def looks like a 15 yard face mask. bullshit that they never call it on offensive players though. I see that happen a lot, where someone does a stiff arm but grabs the face mask, but never gets flagged for it. I'm sure in the interest of player safety, offensive players aren't allowed to grab the facemask either.
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:17 AM   #20
Patriotist
Banned

Member Number: 17427

Tony there is a problem with your assertion that the organization will not allow the Steelers to become the next "Yankees". Even as a Patriots fan I will admit there is bias towards us on winning alot of Super Bowls and becoming a dynasty. If the Patriots do win this SB, it would be interesting to see if they will do it again the next year because if they do then there might be more going on...
Patriotist is offline   Reply With Quote