Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-06-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default SB post-game sports shows..

I caught a bunch of analyzing this morning and afternoon. I got annoyed after a few hours and had to turn it off. Some things that stood out.

1. Who won the SB? the Giants, right? And Manning was the winning QB. The talk and even praise (yep...you got it) was Brady this, Brady that, Brady, Brady, Brady, Brady, Brady....and even some more Brady. There's a picture above all this analyzing of Manning and i wanted to call in and say "geez, guys....who won again? And who's picture up there is that?

2. Eric Mangini is now solidified as the analyst i can't stand the most. My god, was he annoying today. He was kissing Brady's a** so bad i thought the next thing he was going to do was phone Tom on the show and ask for a date. It was ridiculous. Skip Bayless was tireless once again in his love for Brady, but at least he was calling out Brady's mistakes. Not Mangini. They couldn't even pry it out of him.

3. The Welker play was looked at quite a bit. Some guys had it right, that although it possibly could've been caught, it was really an un-catchable ball. The guy was running almost full tilt, had to turn 180 in the air, jump (backwards)) and catch the ball??
Of course Mangini blamed it on Welker, but even the Brady-loving Bayless faulted Brady for a poor pass.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,051 Times in 2,140 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: SB post-game sports shows..

The Welker drop brings me back to the Ben to Miller pass that was high in the niners game. It was high, and would've taken an acrobat to bring it in.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,077 Times in 4,581 Posts

its almost as if everyone seems shocked that the patriots lost, as if it were the undefeated 2007 patriots losing. everyone bought the hype of them being sb favorites all season. not even this much shock was shown for the packers when they lost. all the pundits were buying in that brady was the greatest montana ande belichick was the greatest lombardi/walsh before the game was even played or records even set.

the worst thing is all the apologizing that the talking heads are doing for brady. " poor guy has no weapons. change the intentional grounding rule", welker shoulda, gronkowski woulda, the giants shouldnta even been there because they were 7-7 record at one point."

nobody wants to recognize that they defensively suck balls and a team like green bay or saints would have destroyed them as well.

people actually thought gronkowski had a chance to play and be effective. did ANYONE actually see the injury? its the same one big ben suffered. I knew gronk wasnt going to do jack shit. how come no mediot leading up to the game didnt know the same? oh thats right, they all bought in to the patriots perfection.

i even heard a "how dare the refs throw a flag and call a safety on bradys 1st play and 1st drive of a superbowl, they need to let that go"

lo and behold the las vegas odds came out today and guess whos favored for next season? thats right... the patriots. its pretty disgusting.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #4
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
its almost as if everyone seems shocked that the patriots lost, as if it were the undefeated 2007 patriots losing. everyone bought the hype of them being sb favorites all season. not even this much shock was shown for the packers when they lost. all the pundits were buying in that brady was the greatest montana ande belichick was the greatest lombardi/walsh before the game was even played or records even set.

the worst thing is all the apologizing that the talking heads are doing for brady. " poor guy has no weapons. change the intentional grounding rule", welker shoulda, gronkowski woulda, the giants shouldnta even been there because they were 7-7 record at one point."
Haven't watched any of it, because I figured as much would happen. Have they made any excuses about Gronkowski not being 100% and Tuck giving poor wittle Tommy an "owie" to his non-throwing shoulder as to why they lost? I'm sure they probably have, but I'm just curious.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:

nobody wants to recognize that they defensively suck balls and a team like green bay or saints would have destroyed them as well.

lo and behold the las vegas odds came out today and guess whos favored for next season? thats right... the patriots. its pretty disgusting.
They're already favored?!? What bullshit.

I guess they'll be playing the Cowboys then.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #6
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
Haven't watched any of it, because I figured as much would happen. Have they made any excuses about Gronkowski not being 100% and Tuck giving Brady an "owie" to his shoulder as to why they lost? I'm sure they probably have, but I'm just curious.
on espn ive heard a healthy gronkowski and woulda won by 2 tds.

- a healthy gronk woulda dove, leapt and caught the hail mary before it fell to the ground, and a healthy gronk woulda jumped up and snagged the ball from #93 defender who intercepted it.

its ALL apologies. nobody gave a shit when ben was hurt. all the mediots and analysts could do was give jim harbaugh a coach of the year award and say tomlin was an idiot for playing him.

suprisingly i havent heard anything about bradys shoulder. thats probably because he is invincable and doesnt feel pain.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #7
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,459 Times in 2,381 Posts

Quote:
on espn ive heard a healthy gronkowski and woulda won by 2 tds.

- a healthy gronk woulda dove, leapt and caught the hail mary before it fell to the ground, and a healthy gronk woulda jumped up and snagged the ball from #93 defender who intercepted it.

its ALL apologies. nobody gave a shit when ben was hurt. all the mediots and analysts could do was give jim harbaugh a coach of the year award and say tomlin was an idiot for playing him.

suprisingly i havent heard anything about bradys shoulder. thats probably because he is invincable and doesnt feel pain.
How much you wanna bet brady will start out the season on the questionable list.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #8
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

every year its the SAME thing when the TV analysts are talking about next year the day after the SB...........

-Tony Romo's going to be the best QB ever
-Philip Rivers is going to be the best QB ever
-Tom Brady will walk on water and perform miracles in addition to QB'ing the Patriots
-the Pats are the favored team to win the SB
-absolutely zero discussion about the Pittsburgh Steelers, even if they've just played in the SB

Does all that sound familiar?

edit - HAHA....like the person above said....Brady will also start as 'doubtful' and 'questionable' all through pre-season so he doesn't take the chance of being injured
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #9
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

I don't see how anyone can blame that drop on Welker. The guy had to contort his body to have a chance of catching that ball. It wasn't a pretty ball Brady threw. It was high and behind him.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:25 PM   #10
tony hipchest
Supporter

i heard the greatest apology for welker today on 1st take- "wes welker isnt a wide out, he is a slot receiver" therfore it was asking alot of him to make that catch.

if thats the case they need to strip him of that All Pro award/accolade he "received".