Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 02-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
fujirama24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18332
My Mood: Crappy
Default Are Draft

Just kind of getting a feel about what we might do in the draft. I really feel at this point we are going offensive line. Either a tackle or a guard. Yeah we have a need at NT but I really think they are going to redo Hamptons Contract and sign him for another 3 years or so. If they go BPA then it would be a inside linebacker but. I don't see it the biggest weekness on this team is OLine. I can see us going Oline in the first. NT in the second. And then another OLineman in the third or maybe a ILB. I would love to have Hightower ILB- Alabama in the first but I can really see us going OLine and it wouldn't make me made at all. If we could somehow get a Tackle. Then we could move colon inside where he belongs and have a decent line. What are your thoughts.
fujirama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,222 Times in 1,849 Posts
My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Are Draft

I would like us to address lineman need's in round one, but i'm expecting us to take Hightower (ILB) or Mark Barron (Safety). I hope we take Cordy Glenn or Mike Thomas if available.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
fujirama24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18332
My Mood: Crappy

I love hightower or even burflict. But who the heck is Mark Thomas. Do you mean chase thomas out of stanford. I don't see anyone named mark thomas on my list and I have a very long list of names.
fujirama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
tburhans
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18473

Im assuming he meant mike adams from ohio state
tburhans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #5
ItalianSteelersFan178443
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 20776

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujirama24 View Post
Just kind of getting a feel about what we might do in the draft. I really feel at this point we are going offensive line. Either a tackle or a guard. Yeah we have a need at NT but I really think they are going to redo Hamptons Contract and sign him for another 3 years or so. If they go BPA then it would be a inside linebacker but. I don't see it the biggest weekness on this team is OLine. I can see us going Oline in the first. NT in the second. And then another OLineman in the third or maybe a ILB. I would love to have Hightower ILB- Alabama in the first but I can really see us going OLine and it wouldn't make me made at all. If we could somehow get a Tackle. Then we could move colon inside where he belongs and have a decent line. What are your thoughts.
I could definitely see us going OL with our first pick, but if there are no good prospects they like at OL they will take a NT, possibly D. Poe or J. Worthy. There is no chance in hell that they will give Hampton a 3year extension though, he just tore his ACL and possibly could miss text season, this may easily be the end of Hampton. I would definitely love seeing Hightower in Black and Gold next season as well too
ItalianSteelersFan178443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:02 AM   #6
bay_area_STEELER_11
Water Boy

Member Number: 23311

Yea I know o-line is a big need but if the number 1 guard DeCastro from Stanford is not available by the time we pick I'd go with Hightower because their are more quality O-line in this draft class then MLB. After Hightower and Burifict theirs a big drop off in MLB. I think the kid form boston college is a better fit for 4-3 scheme. I would take Hightower too because of the 3-4 scheme he came from. Number 1 defense across the board and he was the leader of the D calling the plays. I wouldn't take a NT in the 1st or 2nd because like o-line the d-line has a lot of quality players in this draft class. I would aim at round 3 or 4 to take a NT. Don't forget about Mychal Kendricks from CAL he's my sleeper. He played OLB his sophomore and junior years then moved to MLB when he was senior where he won Pac-12 defensive player of the year.

Mychal Kendricks, OLB, California
Height: 6-0. Weight: 240.
Projected 40 Time: 4.59.
Projected Round (2012): 4-5.
12/26/11: Kendricks has 96 tackles with 13 tackles for a loss, three sacks, two passes broken up and two interceptions. He has increased his tackle total dramatically from 2010, but his sack production was nowhere near the same level.

8/23/11: Mychal Kendricks broke out last season as a rush linebacker for California. He recorded 8.5 sacks with 15 tackles for a loss and 66 tackles. Kendricks could use some more size to play outside linebacker in a NFL 3-4 defense, but has quality blitzing kills and if he has another quality season, should solidify his mid-round status.

CAL CAREER: Played in all 51 games possible during his four campaigns at Cal from 2008-11 with 29 starts, with all of the starts coming in his final three seasons (2009-11) ... earned several All-American honors as a senior, including second-team selections by Phil Steele and College Sports Madness ... also a third-team All-American selection of Yahoo! Sports and an honorable mention pick of SI.com ... named the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year and a first-team all-conference selection as a senior, after earning second-team all-league honors during his junior campaign ... finished his career with 258 tackles to rank tied for ninth all-time at Cal, while adding 36.5 tackles for loss (-144 yards) to miss finishing among the school's all-time leaders by one-half of a tackle for loss ... added 13.5 sacks (-98 yards), seven fumble recoveries, four interceptions that he returned for 130 yards and a touchdown, five pass breakups and a forced fumble ... also had a punt return in which he was credited with 26 punt returns yards after he blocked a punt before teammate Bryant Nnabuife picked the ball up and ran 30 yards for a score vs. Colorado State in 2008, five pass breakups and a forced fumble ... recorded at least 0.5 tackles for loss 24 times in his career, including in 19 of his final 25 games ... played inside linebacker as a 2011 senior after spending most of his collegiate career as an outside linebacker.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fA3_XaOOIiA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by bay_area_STEELER_11; 02-11-2012 at 02:13 AM. Reason: left info out
bay_area_STEELER_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #7
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

I would like to see the Oline addressed in rounds 1-2, we've drafted plenty of DL and LB's the last 2 drafts it's time for those dudes to step it up....and we have no luck with OL in later rounds because we don't have an eye for spotting talent there except for the no brainers
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #8
bay_area_STEELER_11
Water Boy

Member Number: 23311

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKAnthem View Post
I would like to see the Oline addressed in rounds 1-2, we've drafted plenty of DL and LB's the last 2 drafts it's time for those dudes to step it up....and we have no luck with OL in later rounds because we don't have an eye for spotting talent there except for the no brainers
Your Right. O-line is the biggest need, but sitting at 24 most of the top OT's and OG's might be gone. In our case we hope some of them are still available. The top 4 tackles are projected top 15 pick. The Top Guard is projected top 20 pick. He should be a top 10 guy. DeCastro should be top 3 on Steelers draft board because he's the most complete OG I've seen in recent years. I haven't seen a guard rated this high in a while. As far as LB's we might need to tune up the MLB positions. They brought back Foote because Sylvester can't get it done. I like Sylvester too, but if he's not making a transition already to become a starting MLB over Foote then I guess he's just a special teamers. Worlids didn't really catch my eye and he's in year 3 going on 4. I thought he would be a beast filling in for Harrison or Woodley when they were out this season but he flopped. I'll give him another year to prove himself. When Timmons came into the league and then Willis came in a year after I really thought Timmons was way better then Willis. I think my mind changed after a couple of seasons. Don't get me wrong Timmons is a great MLB but Patrick Willis passed him up over the years. So if all the top o-line are gone by pick 24 then we should get Hightower because if we don't then I hope the Ravens won't grab him. Hightower would be great next to Timmons after Farrior and Foote are gone. With that said if Hightower is gone as well then we should take the next Guard available. If DeCastro makes it past 15 or 17 I think we should trade up to grab him.
bay_area_STEELER_11 is offline   Reply With Quote