Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #11
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 4,756 Times in 2,029 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: With the 24th Selection in the 2012 NFL Draft...The Steelers Trade Up

I knew we didn't trade up for Heath.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:57 PM   #12
fujirama24
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18332
My Mood: Crappy
Default Re: With the 24th Selection in the 2012 NFL Draft...The Steelers Trade Up

I could see us trading down more this year than up. We have too many needs. If all the good OL are gone then trade down and take a NT or a ILB. Get more picks and possible trade up to get a better OLMan in the second. Then take either a ILB in the 3rd or a Wr depending on what happens with Wallace.
fujirama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #13
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,008 Times in 1,701 Posts

no way in hell would they give away half the draft for a guard no matter how good he's supposed to be. in fact i'd target wisconsin center peter konz and move him to guard. given pouncey's tendencies for injuries , why not upgrade at guard and backup center at the same time ? they may have to leap ahead of detroit to get him, but thats a much better option than moving up 10 spots.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:08 AM   #14
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburhans View Post
Heath didn't have a hammy issue he had a hernia which he had surgery for. Same thing barron is going through. We traded up for troy and santonio both of which were good trades. A future hall of famer in troy and a super bowl mvp in holmes so id say we have done pretty good when we have traded up
That's right, it was Santonio. My bad. Well, given the Super Bowl MVP and the game-winning catch, I'd say that worked out pretty well also. The main point stands, even if I can't keep the names straight.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #15
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
no way in hell would they give away half the draft for a guard no matter how good he's supposed to be. in fact i'd target wisconsin center peter konz and move him to guard. given pouncey's tendencies for injuries , why not upgrade at guard and backup center at the same time ? they may have to leap ahead of detroit to get him, but thats a much better option than moving up 10 spots.
I would like to see them get Mike Adams and Konz if they could...
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #16
FrancoLambert
Team President

Member Number: 20827
Thanked 1,765 Times in 916 Posts
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
wouldn't be against it if we can snag decastro. we do have pressing needs at multiple positions though. because of that, i don't see trading up happening.

i mean, we don't just need 1 guard, we need 2 because both of our starting ones aren't what you necessarily call starter quality

AMEN TO THAT !!
FrancoLambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #17
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,902 Times in 1,362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKAnthem View Post
I would like to see them get Mike Adams and Konz if they could...
Adams scares me. Inconsistent and at times soft. Reminds me of Chris Williams from Vanderbilt that the Bears drafted #14 overall in 2008.

I think the Steelers have too many aging players to trade up. Other scenario might be trade down and get an extra pick. Maybe the Redskins want to trade to the bottom of the 1st and get Tannehill or Weeden as a QB?? We can still get Ta'aamu at NT and still get an O lineman like Osemele, Zeitler or Schwartz......plus an extra 4th round pick.