Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Gamer Chat

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 08-06-2014, 12:35 AM   #1
IowaSteeler927
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,215 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Resident Evil Remaster

My thoughts on the recent announcement by Capcom that they're remastering the 2002 Remake of Resident Evil and will be selling it as a downloadable game for the PS3, 360, Xbox ONE, PS4, and PC. In video form here:

Ultimately I'm pretty excited for the release as this is one of the best games in the series without a doubt. The whole game was a bit of fan service when it was remastered originally in 2002 for the Nintendo Gamecube. I love that I'll be able to play it once again on the Xbox ONE but I can't help but feel a little bit perturbed that it's not coming in the form of a collection alongside a proper remake of Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 Nemesis. It's high time those games received the same treatment.

Any other RE fans on here? Love to hear your thoughts.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:03 AM   #2
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Supporter

Member Number: 17947
Thanked 2,585 Times in 916 Posts
My Mood: Twisted
Default Re: Resident Evil Remaster

That game was one of the main reasons that I bought the PS1 back in the day. I had went the Sega Saturn route instead of the PS1, because I was a Sega Genesis fan before that. Then a friend came over with his PS1 and I remember playing that demolition derby game for a bit. Then he put in Resident Evil and I decided then and there that I had to have a Playstation. I went out and bought one the next day, and this game.
Old 08-08-2014, 02:57 AM   #3
IowaSteeler927
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,215 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Resident Evil Remaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokki View Post
That game was one of the main reasons that I bought the PS1 back in the day. I had went the Sega Saturn route instead of the PS1, because I was a Sega Genesis fan before that. Then a friend came over with his PS1 and I remember playing that demolition derby game for a bit. Then he put in Resident Evil and I decided then and there that I had to have a Playstation. I went out and bought one the next day, and this game.
Resident Evil turned me on to the Playstation as well. I had an N64 which I got for christmas but I always spent the nights over at a friend's house on the weekends and he had Resident Evil and Resident Evil 2. So many hours spent playing that game over and over. So much junk food, and cans of SURGE consumed while rying to find every item, getting scared half to death, and killing zombies in every way that we possibly could into the early hours of the morning. The original Resident Evil games have a special place in my heart. If you haven't yet played the 2002 Resident Evil REmake Lokki you need to treat yourself to it. It's a masterpiece. They managed to recreate the original game with graphics that really don't look bad by today's standards and the atmosphere of the game and everything is just horrifying. The lighting, the camera angles, the attention to detail. Shinji Mikami really went out of his way to make the game better than the original in every way possible, all the while maintaining the spirit of the original game. They even added in a few wrinkles that really add to the game without compromising the original story or gameplay. The REmake is the sole reason I bought a Gamecube. I just had to have it.

Now that they're remastering it I'm guessing it'll only be more horrifying. I just wish they'd finally listen to their fans and give Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3 Nemesis, and Resident Evil 0 the same treatment.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote