Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-16-2009, 03:31 PM   #51
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,720 Times in 1,182 Posts
Default Re: Worst NFL fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishkabibble View Post
Congrats on spelling douchebags correctly. Lots of people get that wrong. Should be two words, though.
Look, I'm new to the board and I come here cuz I think Steelers are an incredible organization with some of the best fans in football. Three Head Coaches in like 40 years...that's mind-boggling to me. Great teams year after year, replacing players, coaches; and they just keep rolling along. Every franchise in football aspires to be the Steelers. I just seems I know Indy and Jets fans that don't hate on the Patriots as much as my Steeler friends. Either way, a little jousting's OK for any message board. But I do think the Pollard T Shirt is unfortunate. Brady's one of the game's great players and he's likely to miss a year-and-a-half because of that hit. It seems the Steeler players think a lot more highly of him as a QB than the fans do.
i doubt that....after all, the steeler players were the true victims of brady and the patsies cheating.....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #52
Ishkabibble
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11437

At least Puppets read until the end of my post. I feel accepted now.
Ishkabibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:43 PM   #53
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
At least Puppets read until the end of my post. I feel accepted now.
so what board do you usually haunt? I've become somewhat "accepted" on the Pats board. Have you and I ever talked over there?
Old 01-16-2009, 04:01 PM   #54
Ishkabibble
Draft Prospect

Pats Fans.com, Boston Globe, before a bunch of 13 year-olds took over.
In any event, good luck this weekend. Things are falling in place for the Steelers to win it all this season, IMO. Nice to be at home when you likely didn't expect to be. Helluva defense and regardless of his lackluster season, I'd still take Roethlisbeger over all but one QB (let ya guess) if I had to win a big game. How Dick LeBeau is not on every owners short list right now is incredible to me. The Pats get pilfered every 2nd season these days.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #55
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
Pats Fans.com, Boston Globe, before a bunch of 13 year-olds took over.
In any event, good luck this weekend. Things are falling in place for the Steelers to win it all this season, IMO. Nice to be at home when you likely didn't expect to be. Helluva defense and regardless of his lackluster season, I'd still take Roethlisbeger over all but one QB (let ya guess) if I had to win a big game. How Dick LeBeau is not on every owners short list right now is incredible to me. The Pats get pilfered every 2nd season these days.
Actually, I called Tennessee losing their first game, however I thought it would be the Colts to knock them out, not the Ravens, I did in fact anticipate getting the AFC Title game at home.

As for Dick L, well he had a head coaching job, that didn't go to great, so when came back to Pittsburgh it was understood he had the D-Coordinator job for as long as he wanted, which Tomlin in fact, did make his priority to keep Dick. And he's 71, not too many owners want to give a 71 year old guy a head coaching job.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:53 PM   #56
westcoastransplant
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rek View Post
If you're talking all sports, than I think it would be a four-way tie with RedSox/Celtics/Pats/Red Wings - Why are all the Boston teams full of arrogant jackoff supporters?
I grew up in Boston and am a Sox fan, I resent that. Actually, I know we've attracted a lot of bandwagon loud mouths over the last few years. But if contending and winning championships means we have to deal with them, I'll put up with it. I use to like the Pats and cheer for them everytime they didn't play the Steelers, but some of the same bandwagoners for the Sox that jumped on the Pats side squashed that. I didn't have as strong a passion for the Pats that I have for the Sox.

Back to the question, I would say Cowboy fans have always iritated me with the whole Americas Team bs. Ravens fans are starting to annoy me too. Look at the Baltimore Sun and the only smack they can bring is how ugly the city of Pittsburgh is. Try discussing football stats and history. Its like talking economics with a 2 year old. Or as one of their colomists responded to a Steelers fan, why let facts get in the way?
Old 01-16-2009, 07:19 PM   #57
SteelTalons
Starter

Member Number: 11867

Nobody in the NFL has a bad fan base. Sure there is hate like us hating the Ratbirds. But overall its good. As far as being annoying? The bandwagoners are it, period.

Around here the bandwagon is normally the Patriots, this year it was the Titans. With a little Giants bandwagon on the side.

There is a lot of fairweather Dolphin fans here(after they got back to being decent they came out) along with the handful of Panther fans.

Its like the "cool" thing to do is hate the Steelers around here.
SteelTalons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #58
Ishkabibble
Draft Prospect

I live in Houston now and have been to almost every Texan home game since their inaugural. Steeler fans packed Reliant the couple of times they came to town and I'm pretty sure they weren't all from Pittsburgh. They're probably second but likely the only national fan base that can rival Dallas. The Raiders, Redskins; maybe the Dolphins qualify as "others receiving votes." It's the residue of being great in the 70's and consistently good for the next 25 years.

Worst fans: Philly and Oakland. They revel in the fact that the entire football world expects them to act like drunken idiots. And they follow suit accordingly.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:10 PM   #59
CaliStillersFan
Starter

Member Number: 11604

Pats and Rats fans are the worst. Remember Patsfans.com last year turned off their forums when they lost, totally classless fan base.
CaliStillersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #60
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliStillersFan View Post
Pats and Rats fans are the worst. Remember Patsfans.com last year turned off their forums when they lost, totally classless fan base.
Patsfans.com & FinHeaven were both hacked into last year and their servers were down for over a week. So, you closet 49ers fan.