Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 03-17-2006, 02:46 PM   #1
SteelerDan43
Banned
Supporter

Location: From Pittsburgh, currently going to school in Rochester
Member Number: 811
Default Ramesy Traded

Ramsey was traded to the Jets for a 6th rounder. So now they have insurance for Chad do they still take another QB? All of a sudden two teams who were pegged to take QBs in the draft have picked up QBs so what happens to Cutler Young and Leinart now??

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2372804

Last edited by SteelerDan43; 03-17-2006 at 04:37 PM.
SteelerDan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:15 PM   #2
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604
Default Re: Ramesy Traded

The Redskins give up Ramsey a former #1 pick for only a sixth round selection??
Sounds like a steal for the Jets.
I really hope Ramsey gets himself together and plays lights-out football in the near future.........anything to make Dan Snyder and the Washington Redskins look totally foolish and ridiculous for letting him go.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:37 PM   #3
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
ummmm.....did you watch ramsey when he was a starter??? the only way the jets got a steal is if he's playin for nothing...lol..the guy sucks,he's another kyle boller!!!!!!!!! but i agree,i hope he does play well else where,and make snyder look like an even bigger ass than he already does.
I beg to differ.
Patrick Ramsey when he first came into the league literally got his ass handed to him by the Steve Spurrier system of "Let's not protect the Quarterback".
The poor guy was hammered week in and week out and had his confidence eroded to nothing.........he's never had a chance to grow and develop.

When Gibbs took over after Spurrier........Gibbs who has always liked a veteran at QB went and signed Mark Brunell.
With some good coaching and a chance to mature at the position Ramsey will blossom.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 04:38 PM   #4
SteelerDan43
Banned
Supporter

Location: From Pittsburgh, currently going to school in Rochester
Member Number: 811

Can a mod fix my spelling on the thread title?? See what happens when I type too fast!
SteelerDan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:52 PM   #5
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I see Young as a Titan. Remember that McNair came from a small school and was way behind the curve in things like reading defenses and going through progressions and such, some of the same maladies Vince Young suffers from. If there's a QB in the league who can tutor Young and transalte his athleticism into true NFL QB caliber play, it's Steve McNair.
Lienart then can go to the Raiders. He can stay close to Hollywood in case all the hype pans out...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 11:19 AM   #6
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
I see Young as a Titan. Remember that McNair came from a small school and was way behind the curve in things like reading defenses and going through progressions and such, some of the same maladies Vince Young suffers from. If there's a QB in the league who can tutor Young and transalte his athleticism into true NFL QB caliber play, it's Steve McNair.
Lienart then can go to the Raiders. He can stay close to Hollywood in case all the hype pans out...
Yes,but the offensive coordinator from USC's ONE-pete (HAHA) is the OC for the Titans.So Leinart already knows the system that is in tact and what is asked of him.I also don't think Norm Chow's system will fit Vince Young's style of play.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 02:05 PM   #7
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

I think Ramsey is an excellent pick up for the Jets for only a 6th rounder.

Its certainly true that he had joined a team that is beginning a major transition - they could very well go 4-12 this year or similar.

Young to Tennessee has been touted as a sure thing for a long time now - everything makes alot of sense, which means it probably wont pan out that way.

If Oakland go for a QB i'd imagine they will be looking for the guy with the strongest arm - in keeping with the famed 'vertical passing game' that they love so much.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote