Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
GodfatherofSoul
Head Coach
Supporter

Spellbound Champion! Add Like Mad Champion! Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion! Snow Blitz Champion! Commando Champion!
Member Number: 14842
Thanked 1,860 Times in 911 Posts
Default Has anyone tried NFL Rewind?

No way in hell I'm shelling out $1200/year for DirecTV since all I want is to see the Steelers. $30 sounds like a damned good deal, even with the delay watching games. My question is, how do you get it piped to your TV? Is it supported by any of the streaming services? Heck, I'd buy a new DVD player if I had to to get the streaming app.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,919 Times in 3,693 Posts
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Has anyone tried NFL Rewind?

I got it this past winter to watch the games when I had nothing to do. I watch them on a computer. Sorry can't answer any of your questions. This is going to be the first time I have it during the regular season and I'm hoping it's worth it.
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
Confounding Factor
Team Captain

Member Number: 25099
My Mood: Worried

$1200/year just to watch the Steelers?!

DirecTV should be shut down for rape.
harrison'samonster (08-27-2013), JonM229 (08-27-2013)
Old 08-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,511 Times in 8,556 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Mathematically, it's less than $100 per game. My dad, brother, & I used to spend far more than that at the bars. And now that it's my wife and daughters, it'd easily be over $200 per game.

(The two-year old likes the single melt scotch... which are expensive. Just kidding, just kidding... she likes blends.)
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (08-28-2013), JonM229 (08-28-2013), MACH1 (08-27-2013)
Old 08-27-2013, 09:42 PM   #5
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,426 Times in 2,732 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Mathematically, it's less than $100 per game. My dad, brother, & I used to spend far more than that at the bars. And now that it's my wife and daughters, it'd easily be over $200 per game.

(The two-year old likes the single melt scotch... which are expensive. Just kidding, just kidding... she likes blends.)
for real? different for me i guess, the games in hawaii are like 7am so i'm half asleep and in the mood more for coffee than alcohol, so im usually spending like $20 lol
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire Arians For This Useful Post:
teegre (08-28-2013)
Old 08-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #6
GodfatherofSoul
Head Coach
Supporter

Spellbound Champion! Add Like Mad Champion! Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion! Snow Blitz Champion! Commando Champion!
Member Number: 14842
Thanked 1,860 Times in 911 Posts

I guess if every outing is a family day, then it probably works for you. But for a single guy, there's probably 6 televised games a year so I'd end up paying over $100/game. After the promos are up, that would be more like $150/game
Old 08-28-2013, 07:31 AM   #7
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,511 Times in 8,556 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
for real? different for me i guess, the games in hawaii are like 7am so i'm half asleep and in the mood more for coffee than alcohol, so im usually spending like $20 lol
To clarify, the outing is not as alcohol-filled as one might think (although, I did indeed present it that way). Most sports-bars have a breakfast/brunch during the games (10:00)... and the one that we liked runs about $20-$25 per person... plus tip. It used to be at least three of us, and now it's routinely six (and sometimes seven or eight).

Ergo, for us, it's more affordable & more convenient to get Mexican food (a bunch catering trays totaling $50) and have our own little shin-dig.

Now... when my brother-in-law joins us (at sports-bars)... well... the alcohol tab goes up significantly. (Note: He's no longer allowed in at least two sports-bars... and several people's house... such as: he's simply not allowed to drink at my parents' house... ever, ever again. LOL)
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:55 AM   #8
JonM229
Living Legend

Member Number: 24803
Thanked 6,844 Times in 2,444 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

I was able to purchase Sunday Ticket Online from DirecTv last year for $250. This year, I have a Slingbox set up at my parents' house, which is nice since all of the games against the NFC North games will be blacked out in my area (I don't have TV service).

"I don't know about you Joe, but I would say that qualifies as elite." -Barack Obama
JonM229 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #9
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,124 Times in 3,206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodfatherofSoul View Post
No way in hell I'm shelling out $1200/year for DirecTV since all I want is to see the Steelers. $30 sounds like a damned good deal, even with the delay watching games. My question is, how do you get it piped to your TV? Is it supported by any of the streaming services? Heck, I'd buy a new DVD player if I had to to get the streaming app.
You can buy SundayTicket online only without buying a Total Choice DirecTV subscription if you are able to convince DirecTV that you do not have a clear line of sight from your residence to the satellite

Would you like to get the NFL Sunday Ticket but can’t get DirecTV at your house? No problem! Although DirecTV holds the exclusive broadcast rights to NFL Sunday Ticket, DirecTV was required in the NFL Sunday Ticket deal with the NFL to provide an online solution for fans who can’t get DirecTV.

Here’s the scoop. The NFL Sunday Ticket online and mobile is specifically for people who can’t otherwise get DirecTV service due to line of sight issues or other such reasons.

http://www.sportsgeekery.com/28772/g...thout-directv/

Line of sight problems often are caused by trees

DirecTV will probably negotiate the price - they negotiate my renewal price every year

As far as getting the feed from your iPad or computer to your TV, this article has some suggestions

The Many Internet-Video Options for TVs

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...909527660.html

Or if you go to your local BestBuy and explain what you are trying to do they no doubt have something to sell you

I suppose you can always run a HDMI cable from your laptop receiving the SundayTiicket feed to your TV

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Electron...at212600050003
Old 08-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #10
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,025 Times in 3,432 Posts

its easilly worth it especially if you like tha archive. i easilly have hundreds of video tapes of steeler games and NASCAR races going back 20 years (SB XXX, dale earnhardts death 2001). i dont want to even think how much i spent on those tapes or VCR's.

its really worth it if you like to pause the coaches tape and study individual players and plays and see why they worked or failed.

get you one of those new "smart" tv's. samsung is supposedly on top of this.

all the newer tv's are designed to watch YOUTUBE and to be able to facebook from etc. they wirelessly pick up the signal from your internet modem like a giant 50 inch laptop. the remotes have keyboards just like a cellphone.

the shit is amazing which is why i havent spent much money on a new TV quite yet. in 2 years they will be improved and standard.