Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 08-30-2006, 06:25 PM   #1
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486
Default Interesting ESPN Article on Odell Thurman

Usually, I don't post articles like this on a Steelers Board because I know most people might not care, but this one kind of struck me and I thought I would throw it out here. It's a lengthy article, but quite interesting. It's basically like a journal entry for Odell with insight on his mindset. He's an intriguing guy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...fleming/060830
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:13 AM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Interesting ESPN Article on Odell Thurman

That was an interesting article for sure.

The guy certainly isn't short of talent (when are people gonna stop making comparisons to Ray Lewis who has been washed up for sometime?) and I hope he is sincere about taking this suspension business seriously.

Its difficult to empathise wiith these guys - I find mysself thinking that they must be completely self-absorbed and/or dumb to ride so close to the edge all the time - missing tests etc.

He does need to ease back on his enthusiastic rating of his teams talents.

Quote:
We've got a great team that can really do something like that this year. We're stacked at every position. Most teams this time of year are like, 'we need a quarterback, we need a running back, we need a safety.' But I can't name one position in that locker room that we don't have guys who are the best in the league at their position. This is a team full of Pro Bowlers.
Comments such as the above make you a real target - especially when it is so obviously untrue.

Best of luck to Odell in his rehab - well apart from week 4 of course.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:42 AM   #3
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

I'm not buying it...he skipped the test because he was using...end of story.....

LOL..team full of pro bowlers.....
Old 09-01-2006, 11:36 AM   #4
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

It's an interesting article, just like when some of our draft picks have messed up off-field activities and have responded in a similar way. Maybe he has gone the straight and narrow.
BUT, I don't buy into the whole irresponsibility of missing a drug test. There's not a reason for it. I've got reminders on my calendar, and it sounds to me like he knew about it, that remind me of upcoming events. So now he's telling me he can't schedule his own life? That's not irresponsibility, unless your my teenage daughter, that's stupidity - just like being on drugs (as Mr. Thurman stated).

Only time will tell what type of player he is...trouble? or straight and narrow?

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:41 AM   #5
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Odell has one shot at this. One chance to get his life turned around before he becomes another wasted talent in a league that has seem hundreds of them.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote