Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-13-2014, 09:53 AM   #1
CrickRat23
Bench Warmer

Breakout Champion! Drunk Driver Championship Champion! Sonic Champion! Street Fighter Champion!
Member Number: 24843
Default 2014 - 2015 Pens regular season thread.

I know it is early but I like what I see from the Pens early on. The offense looks good and are scoring in bunches. Like I said, it's only two games in but the Pens look good and they look to have a new attitude. Let's Go Pens.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:11 AM   #2
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Supporter

Member Number: 17947
Thanked 3,367 Times in 1,163 Posts
My Mood: Twisted
Default Re: 2014 - 2015 Pens regular season thread.

Other than about the first 10 minutes of the 1st period, they played like garbage last night against the Flyers. We went up 1-0 early and then peppered the goal but couldn't get another. Then the Flyers took control and went up 2-1. We eventually tied it up at 2, but then they got 2 back to back goals making it 4-2. We brought it close at 4-3, before giving up an empty netter to make it 5-3. Malkin had several opportunities early on, but barely missed. :(
Old 10-29-2014, 06:02 AM   #3
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,130 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed

The Flyers and Wings games were certainly disappointing, and felt a lot like last season. It's good to see them bounce back in both attitude and play quickly though. I chalked those bad losses up to it still being early in the season and this revamped team finding it's groove.

I'm impressed with how fast the team can be right now. The PK had some early troubles, but have been excellent as of late. Fluery is still a source of frustration for most, but as long as the defense can be solid, he won't struggle as much.

Anyone catch the Pens/Devils game last night? Pens were down 3-1 and then had a 7 goal flurry starting in the second to win 8-3. I don't think this season won't be without its bumps, but I really think Johnston will have them ready for the playoffs. I like his system and attitude a lot.

Here's the first episode of the new In the Room season for anyone who's interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcFl0-GjBuI

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:49 AM   #4
CrickRat23
Bench Warmer

Breakout Champion! Drunk Driver Championship Champion! Sonic Champion! Street Fighter Champion!
Member Number: 24843

When the offense is clicking this team can score in bunches. If the offense keeps pushing the pace, this team could be tough. Let's go Pens.