Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #101
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,137 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: The Walking Dead (Season 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i'd probably end up cutting up myself with that thing...
Yeah, me too...definitely needs an extended handle. You can pretty much slice and dice in any direction though.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #102
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,120 Times in 1,747 Posts

why would you not make use of heavy equipment ? do you realize how easy it would be to squash zombies with a track hoe ?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:31 AM   #103
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Yeah, but what happens when you're surrounded and they start climbing through the open doors and whatnot. I'll stick with handheld weapons. And bazookas. And grenades. And drones.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:42 AM   #104
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,120 Times in 1,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
Yeah, but what happens when you're surrounded and they start climbing through the open doors and whatnot. I'll stick with handheld weapons. And bazookas. And grenades. And drones.
well they do have doors and windows . i'd put bars over the glass though. the entire cab swings 360 degrees just like a tank turret. if they start surrounding you you just start doing circles and flatten them with the bucket or you can always just run them over. it's nearly impossible to get stuck in a track hoe because you can always use the arm to pull or push yourself if the tracks aren't gripping.
hell you could scoop up a bucket of dirt or stone and literally bury zombies where they stand...
watch how fast this thing spins and you'll see why you could never be surrounded..

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:35 AM   #105
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

You're in charge of that then. I'll stay behind the wall and stab any stragglers in the head.

But it does also say "stupid" excavator tricks. If you flip and die, I'll stab you in the head.

I'd also love a reinforced RV, get on that.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:13 AM   #106
IowaSteeler927
The Corn Shucking Hippie
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,572 Posts
My Mood: Tired

For my primary firearm I'd get my hands on a .22 Long Rifle of some sort with high capacity mags and and silencer. .22 is cheap ammo and you could carry much more of it than you could any other kind of ammo. Long Rifle is also pretty accurate, has very little recoil, and with a silencer it wouldn't alert other Walkers. Ideally I'd have a professionally built, name brand silencer but silencers can also be fashioned out of everyday objects like oil filters for example. My sidearm would be a Colt Python .357 Magnum 6" Blued or Stainless (Preference) because revolvers are more reliable than Semi-Automatics.

For melee weapons I'd carry a Ka-Bar Knife, and a Crow Bar because they're not too heavy, they can be used to pry things open, and to smash in Walker's heads.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #107
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

I don't see why they haven't returned to Mayberry and looted all the towns guns and military vehicles - like at the Big Lots raining walkers episode, there was a Hummer just sitting there along with a 5 ton - you don't need keys to start them, and why not stop by Rick's hometown again and Morgan and see what else he can give up - if he's even alive by now - tons of weapons and ammo were left and it seems it was just a stone's throw away when they went for the baby crib.- Michonne running around on horseback with a sword just seems stupid to me with all those .50cals lying around

I'm getting tired of the prison/farm again, it's not safe - why not move back to Mayberry? It had lights, hot and cold water and comfy beds and seems just as safe as the prison now
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:27 AM   #108
IowaSteeler927
The Corn Shucking Hippie
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 3,496 Times in 1,572 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Haley View Post
I don't see why they haven't returned to Mayberry and looted all the towns guns and military vehicles - like at the Big Lots raining walkers episode, there was a Hummer just sitting there along with a 5 ton - you don't need keys to start them, and why not stop by Rick's hometown again and Morgan and see what else he can give up - if he's even alive by now - tons of weapons and ammo were left and it seems it was just a stone's throw away when they went for the baby crib.- Michonne running around on horseback with a sword just seems stupid to me with all those .50cals lying around

I'm getting tired of the prison/farm again, it's not safe - why not move back to Mayberry? It had lights, hot and cold water and comfy beds and seems just as safe as the prison now
I'm getting pretty fed up with the prison environment as well but I can understand the hesitation to leave a place like that. Don't want too many guns, especially big military guns which are heavy to move around, and when other groups see that kind of stuff then you become a threat.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #109
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
Don't want too many guns, especially big military guns which are heavy to move around, and when other groups see that kind of stuff then you become a threat.
that's the point - you are a fortress - start acting like one - big guns don't have to be moved around

two .50cals in the guard towers in intersecting fields of fire and anybody that shows up gets dead real quick
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #110
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

They should be using excavators to dig trenches around the fence line and I would seek out a big 4x4 with a plow on it for clearing our stragglers and the road ways when necessary.

If they had .50 cals, they would be great (even one) for protecting the gate from other vehicles. Not necessary for walkers though.