Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #111
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: The Walking Dead (Season 4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 View Post

If they had .50 cals, they would be great (even one) for protecting the gate from other vehicles. Not necessary for walkers though.
well yeah - I would think a threat from other men would still be on their minds with the guv still on the loose or whatever - that's what I meant there

you'd think they would have learned from the farm - nothing is safe

Treating the prison like another farm is just wrong - you are a fortress - set up some real defenses, they had what, 8 months to improve things and all they built was a pigpen and a little garden.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #112
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Haley View Post
well yeah - I would think a threat from other men would still be on their minds with the guv still on the loose or whatever - that's what I meant there

you'd think they would have learned from the farm - nothing is safe

Treating the prison like another farm is just wrong - you are a fortress - set up some real defenses, they had what, 8 months to improve things and all they built was a pigpen and a little garden.
They seemed to have a good security "program" going. They modified the gate and sent out crews to clear the fence, etc.

They have to have crops (and it would have been nice to keep live stock), but I think we agree that maybe a few more steps could make a big difference.

Not sure if the .50's were available at the armory. Don't recall seeing them.

They could also consider using bows and stocking up on arrows.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #113
IowaSteeler927
The Corn Shucking Hippie
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 3,544 Times in 1,595 Posts
My Mood: Tired

All these loud military weapons would draw the attention of "herds" though. If you read the comic you'll know what I am referring to. It would also make your possessions more desirable to other groups of survivors. Herds + other survivors with ill intentions = not very good. Remember the military had all those weapons and vehicles in the first place and they were overrun.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #114
NJarhead
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
All these loud military weapons would draw the attention of "herds" though. If you read the comic you'll know what I am referring to. It would also make your possessions more desirable to other groups of survivors. Herds + other survivors with ill intentions = not very good. Remember the military had all those weapons and vehicles in the first place and they were overrun.
I read the comics too.

The herds/noise thing was covered in the TV version at the end of the farm tenure.

Other survivors are going to want to take what these folks have regardless. Heavy weapons is the only thing that would prevent that. Unless they flee every time, and I don't buy into that concept.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #115
Fire Haley
Banned

I don't buy that idea that they have to hide from anyone now - superior firepower still rules the day, anybody shows up, blow them away - or it most likely scares any intruders away in the first place

but I think this threat from the inside will get them moving again - I know I wouldn't mind seeing them pare the group down to a handful again and hit the road - I don't really care about any of the Mayberry people and didn't they say only those people are infected?

Rick and his group have been splattered with walker gore from the beginning, maybe they built up some kind of tolerance and the weak group from the town never did anything like that - they were all protected by the Guv's army.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #116
NJarhead
Supporter

Quote:
I don't buy that idea that they have to hide from anyone now - superior firepower still rules the day, anybody shows up, blow them away - or it most likely scares any intruders away in the first place

but I think this threat from the inside will get them moving again - I know I wouldn't mind seeing them pare the group down to a handful again and hit the road - I don't really care about any of the Mayberry people and didn't they say only those people are infected?

Rick and his group have been splattered with walker gore from the beginning, maybe they built up some kind of tolerance and the weak group from the town never did anything like that - they were all protected by the Guv's army.

Yep.

Also, considering the fact that someone can die in their sleep and wake up a walker (something I'm shocked is only now being considered), they need to lock everyone down at night.

If there's only a few keys, then rig the cell doors to keep in/out any undead and in a way a coherent person can open to get out.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:31 AM   #117
Fire Haley
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
Remember the military had all those weapons and vehicles in the first place and they were overrun.
that was out in the open or from the beginning where one biter could turn a whole camp before they knew about such stuff - we know

and stabbing the fence walkers one at a time just seems so lame - I know I'd have a better plan

just take a big truck with a plow on the front or a 5 ton and drive along the perimeter into that one area of walkers pushing along the fence, drive the vehicle down the fence crushing/rolling over dozens and dozens of them at once. Body parts fly everywhere, crush them to mush and you can finish off the stragglers at your leisure plinking from the safety of the truck cab....all day long
Old 10-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #118
NJarhead
Supporter

Quote:
that was out in the open or from the beginning where one biter could turn a whole camp before they knew about such stuff - we know

and stabbing the fence walkers one at a time just seems so lame - I know I'd have a better plan

just take a big truck with a plow on the front or a 5 ton and drive along the perimeter into that one area of walkers pushing along the fence, drive the vehicle down the fence crushing/rolling over dozens and dozens of them at once. Body parts fly everywhere, crush them to mush and you can finish off the stragglers at your leisure plinking from the safety of the truck cab....all day long

I knew I wasn't the only one who was thinking the obvious.

Also, the Governors crew had more and better weapons (including the plan to offload walkers into the prison.

If you read the comics, they also had a tank.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #119
Fire Haley
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 View Post
I knew I wasn't the only one who was thinking the obvious.
How about just making some flamethrowers and walking the fence - burning up the herds would be good tv - this show is looking too drab and gray - we need flames!
Old 10-22-2013, 10:10 AM   #120
NJarhead
Supporter

Quote:
How about just making some flamethrowers and walking the fence - burning up the herds would be good tv - this show is looking too drab and gray - we need flames!
I don't think those things exist anymore. I thought of Molotov cocktails, but unless you use alcohol, gas is too precious (though the remaining stocks can't be worth much). Who knows.