Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 10-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #121
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: The Walking Dead (Season 4)

How about just making some flamethrowers and walking the fence - burning up the herds would be good tv - this show is looking too drab and gray - we need flames!

Quote:
I don't think those things exist anymore. I thought of Molotov cocktails, but unless you use alcohol, gas is too precious (though the remaining stocks can't be worth much). Who knows.

then just stick to running them over with big trucks - something better than sticking them one by one with pointy sticks

and if they have to hit the road - find some BIG trucks to haul around in this time - no more broken down old RV's - and fuck those little fucking Hyundai's that get stopped by a handful of walkers, the Guv had tons of military trucks just sitting there and he couldn't have taken all that generator diesel fuel - we need a convoy
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #122
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Haley View Post
How about just making some flamethrowers and walking the fence - burning up the herds would be good tv - this show is looking too drab and gray - we need flames!

then just stick to running them over with big trucks - something better than sticking them one by one with pointy sticks

and if they have to hit the road - find some BIG trucks to haul around in this time - no more broken down old RV's - and fuck those little fucking Hyundai's that get stopped by a handful of walkers, the Guv had tons of military trucks just sitting there and he couldn't have taken all that generator diesel fuel - we need a convoy

You said it before: "5-ton."

But 5-ton with a plow! BOOM!
Old 10-22-2013, 11:24 AM   #123
Fire Haley
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 View Post
You said it before: "5-ton."

But 5-ton with a plow! BOOM!
something better than a Hyundai, for sure

and I'd definitely have a couple big trucks loaded with emergency supplies and ready to go as a bug-out vehicles too.

seems like they are set up to get overrun again and be leaving with nothing...again
Old 10-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #124
NJarhead
Supporter

Quote:
something better than a Hyundai, for sure

and I'd definitely have a couple big trucks loaded with emergency supplies and ready to go as a bug-out vehicles too.

seems like they are set up to get overrun again and be leaving with nothing...again

On second thought (and I loved the M813 with a .50 cal on the ring mount), fuck a 5-ton.

Camp Lejeune is only a couple hours north, AND there's an overhaul facility in Albany, GA. There has to be a few of these waiting around for fresh paint.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:48 AM   #125
Fire Haley
Banned

even a Hummer with a .50 cal up top would be better than what they have - they are always being outgunned

pointy sticks and crossbows are silent, OK, we get that for walkers - but the human threat still is much worse - they can shoot back

and I'm going with the game guy Kenny - get to the coast and find a boat - a big big boat - how about an oil tanker and living off that like in Waterworld - I would be all for that - we could be pirates!
Old 10-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #126
NJarhead
Supporter

Quote:
even a Hummer with a .50 cal up top would be better than what they have - they are always being outgunned

pointy sticks and crossbows are silent, OK, we get that for walkers - but the human threat still is much worse - they can shoot back

and I'm going with the game guy Kenny - get to the coast and find a boat - a big big boat - how about an oil tanker and living off that like in Waterworld - I would be all for that - we could be pirates!
You can't escape the walkers. Everyone is infected.

I'd rather be on land. Ideally, an old castle (though there probably aren't many in the U.S as compared to Europe. I think the best place to be is above some rugged terrain.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:08 PM   #127
Fire Haley
Banned

there's a castle with a moat in Georgia - too bad they don't have google

The Following User Says Thank You to Fire Haley For This Useful Post:
NJarhead (10-22-2013)
Old 10-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #128
NJarhead
Supporter

That'd work. You'd have to reinforce the fence, but hey...

I'd still feel better up on a mountain top.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #129
Fire Haley
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 View Post
Camp Lejeune is only a couple hours north, AND there's an overhaul facility in Albany, GA. .
yeah - I have no idea why they don’t simply drive to a military base either, with all or most of the people dead in most areas now, I'd be trying to upgrade everything, good shit is just lying around all over the place on the roads....find a damn nice million dollar RV or two at the very least - quit living like rats....I've been saying this from the beginning.

and get a damn phonebook or something with maps - Find military bases, police stations, adventure shops, military surplus stores, gun shops, food warehouses, pharmacies, etc....don't go rummaging through neighborhoods blind, and quit going to the town for a measly backpack full of stuff. Come back with a semi-trailer full of food, weapons, etc.

And quit running around in t-shirts and shorts asking to get bit. Everyone should have multiple firearms, backpacks, survival food, a knife, radio, boots, military fatigues, webbing, first-aid kits, etc. by now.

And I agree - arm up to the max - 100 rounds of 5.56mm weights about 3lbs. A hummer or small truck can carry about 100,000 rounds of ammunition.

You could easily kill everything moving within a 100 miles...and no pointy sticks needed
Old 10-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #130
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,474 Times in 1,147 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
that was out in the open or from the beginning where one biter could turn a whole camp before they knew about such stuff - we know

and stabbing the fence walkers one at a time just seems so lame - I know I'd have a better plan

just take a big truck with a plow on the front or a 5 ton and drive along the perimeter into that one area of walkers pushing along the fence, drive the vehicle down the fence crushing/rolling over dozens and dozens of them at once. Body parts fly everywhere, crush them to mush and you can finish off the stragglers at your leisure plinking from the safety of the truck cab....all day long
Too noisy. All you're going to do is continue to attract walkers every day. There's also the problem of keeping these large vehicles that you dudes love so much fueled. You're going to eventually run out of gas. Stock pile your weapons and ammo and only use them against other people if absolutely necessary. Grow your own food and collect rainwater to survive. Surviving quietly is the goal here...not blasting about attracting attention everywhere you go. The zombies will eventually starve and become a non-threat, at that point you can start rummaging around different places for things like gas and construction or military vehicles.

I say the stabbing them in the head would still work fine as long as you have a few people in shifts round the clock. You can take out hundreds a day quietly, with little effort, and no gas wasted (that you could be using to fuel generators to provide heat and lighting if you have enough on hand). Why waste that on big, heavy machinery?

I mean, what else are people going to do all day? There's no TV or entertainment of any kind. You have to give these people a purpose.