Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-03-2013, 11:52 PM   #301
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 16396
Thanked 5,128 Times in 1,982 Posts
My Mood: Angelic
Default Re: The Walking Dead (Season 4)

See? It's scary!

Some more gifs:

Lady Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Steel For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (12-04-2013), GodfatherofSoul (12-04-2013)
Old 12-04-2013, 03:25 AM   #302
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
@Buddha Bus, Welcome to the thread. I'm really glad you're here.
I usually avoid this thread the day after the show airs because I DVR it and we watch it the next evening so I don't have anything spoiled for me. Normally after 2 days, I completely forget to even come and add my 2 cents due to my sweet ass superhero board obligations.

Thanks for welcoming me to the thread and I'll try to get here more.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
Lady Steel (12-04-2013), SteelersCanada (12-04-2013)
Old 12-04-2013, 06:53 AM   #303
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,724 Times in 805 Posts
My Mood: Sleepy

I am going to say that now I feel even more like it was a mistake by Rick to kick Carol out of the group. They have to realize that they have to make these kinds of decisions as ugly and as inhumane as they might seem. The name of the game is survival. I think Carol realized that. At the time when she killed Karen and David time was of the essence and there was the possibility that eliminating them could have possibly headed off the sickness before it infected the rest of the group. I looked at it as a necessary risk because Karen and David weren't going to make it regardless as they had been infected well before everyone else started getting sick and we all saw just how close the people like Glenn and Sasha came to kicking the bucket and turning and they were sick last.

They've got to quit treating kids like kids at this point. Everyone can and should be armed. Perhaps when you're in an area that's settled and safe then you can take the guns away and try to let them have some semblance of childhood but now out in the open the kids can and should be armed just like the adults. Honestly I can't say I wouldn't have done the same thing as Carol in that situation. I would've went about it differently for sure, probably bringing it up to Rick and the Council beforehand.

The most damning thing about Rick getting rid of Carol is that she really had some medical expertise which the group is now sorely lacking after

Herschel was executed by the Governor.
I also believe Rick exiling Carol out of the group was the most hypocritical decision he's made. Why wasn't Carl exiled when he killed an unarmed boy from Woodbury in the woods? Rick swept that under the rug, and yet someone who was as valuable to the group as Carol get's exiled for making the same kind of tough decision? It's obvious that Carl got a pass because he's Rick's son. Carol had been an asset to the group and had been with them since the beginning, she should have been given a second chance at the very least.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IowaSteeler927 For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (12-04-2013), GodfatherofSoul (12-04-2013), Lady Steel (12-09-2013)
Old 12-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #304
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
Why wasn't Carl exiled when he killed an unarmed boy from Woodbury in the woods? Rick swept that under the rug, and yet someone who was as valuable to the group as Carol get's exiled for making the same kind of tough decision? It's obvious that Carl got a pass because he's Rick's son. Carol had been an asset to the group and had been with them since the beginning, she should have been given a second chance at the very least.
Carl is a kid. Do you really think Rick, or anyone else for that matter, banishing an adult in Carol and a kid in Carl is comparable?

Rick took Carl's gun away and made him pull weeds out of the garden. I think that's punishment enough.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Steel For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (12-04-2013)
Old 12-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #305
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,138 Times in 3,917 Posts

As sad as it was to see Santa get beheaded, I knew it was coming. One of the group members was going to go and, in my mind, Herschel made the most sense. He'll definitely be missed though!

Also, if that chick that couldn't fight joins Rick's group I'm going to be really disappointed. She's so annoying.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (12-04-2013), GodfatherofSoul (12-04-2013), Lady Steel (12-04-2013)
Old 12-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #306
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Quote:
Carl is a kid. Do you really think Rick, or anyone else for that matter, banishing an adult in Carol and a kid in Carl is comparable?

Rick took Carl's gun away and made him pull weeds out of the garden. I think that's punishment enough.
I think it's definitely comparable. These aren't kids anymore. The things they've seen and been through. They should be treated more like young adults rather than innocent little children. Carl killed an unarmed young man in cold blood. Carol allegedly killed a young man and woman in cold blood. Both claim they took the actions that they did to protect the group. There's a common theme here.
The Following User Says Thank You to IowaSteeler927 For This Useful Post:
Lady Steel (12-09-2013)
Old 12-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #307
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
I think it's definitely comparable. These aren't kids anymore. The things they've seen and been through. They should be treated more like young adults rather than innocent little children. Carl killed an unarmed young man in cold blood. Carol allegedly killed a young man and woman in cold blood. Both claim they took the actions that they did to protect the group. There's a common theme here.
Okay, so if Carl or the girls were banished, do you think they could survive out there on their own with the mindset of young adults as opposed to adults like Carol, Rick, Glenn, etc.? I don't think they could. Look what happened to Sophia.

I never said they were innocent children. But they also are not adults. It's a different world out there, and they should be taught to defend themselves, but they still do not have the mentality of adults. That's just my opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Steel For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (12-04-2013)
Old 12-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #308
Lady Steel
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Also, if that chick that couldn't fight joins Rick's group I'm going to be really disappointed. She's so annoying.

Yep. I think you're talking about Tara who talked big about her Smith & Wesson but is really a big 'ol scaredy cat. She gets on my nervous, too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Steel For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (12-04-2013), SteelersCanada (12-04-2013)
Old 12-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #309
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Quote:
Okay, so if Carl or the girls were banished, do you think they could survive out there on their own with the mindset of young adults as opposed to adults like Carol, Rick, Glenn, etc.? I don't think they could. Look what happened to Sophia.

I never said they were innocent children. But they also are not adults. It's a different world out there, and they should be taught to defend themselves, but they still do not have the mentality of adults. That's just my opinion.
I get what you're saying but I still think it's hypocritical to kick Carol out of the group while you're keeping secrets for your own son at the same time. I don't think they should exile Carl for what he did by any means, in fact I think he did what needed to be done. Carol did the same thing. Honestly Carol did a better deed than most people give her credit for. What would've happened when Karen and David turned? What if one of them got out and got more people infected? We all saw how Tyreese acted around Karen, whose to say he would've killed her if she turned into a walker? So many IFs.

I think we're going to see Carol back, at least I hope so. They need her expertise now more than ever.

Last edited by IowaSteeler927; 12-04-2013 at 02:27 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IowaSteeler927 For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (12-04-2013), Lady Steel (12-04-2013)
Old 12-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #310
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
I get what you're saying but I still think it's hypocritical to kick Carol out of the group while you're keep secrets for your own son at the same time. I don't think they should exile Carl for what he did by no means, in fact I think he did what needed to be done. Carol did the same thing. Honestly Carol did a better deed than most people give her credit for. What would've happened when Karen and David turned? What if one of them got out and got more people infected? We all saw how Tyreese acted around Karen, whose to say he would've killed her if she turned into a walker? So many IFs.

I think we're going to see Carol back, at least I hope so. They need her expertise now more than ever.
I see absolutely no way Carol doesn't appear again before this series wraps up. Too much left yet to explore in that area. They won't leave us hanging on what happened to her, guaranteed. This show is all about delivering the goods.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
IowaSteeler927 (12-04-2013), Lady Steel (12-04-2013)