Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-18-2013, 06:52 AM   #11
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,796 Times in 843 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Do we have a #1 WR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Sanders a gifted number 3? Seems pretty average to me.
Your #3 receiver is usually the most average of the bunch. I like Sanders he has good speed. His hands could be better but he's been pretty solid. If I'm not mistaken he's stride for stride with Antonio Brown so far this season.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:29 AM   #12
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,524 Times in 4,075 Posts

We do, Haley just isn't throwing ABs way.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #13
jacobo
Team Captain

Member Number: 24766

brown isnt a number one lol

we havent had one since plax left to new york. a number one is the total package. athleticism, size, power and skills. calvin johnson and larry fitzgerald are number one's. we have none.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:29 AM   #14
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,321 Times in 2,896 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
We do, Haley just isn't throwing ABs way.
Antonio Brown agrees

I was wondering how long it would take for the players to start getting in Haley's face - Ed.B. of the P-G reports Brown got into it with Haley on the sidelines Monday night

The Steelers’ problems go deeper than their 0-2 record, and they bubbled over along the sideline in the second half of Monday night’s game in Cincinnati.

There, wide receiver Antonio Brown confronted offensive coordinator Todd Haley. Brown angrily complained to the coach that not enough pass plays were called for him, several sources told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Specifics of the argument were hard to come by but sources say that Haley was upset by Brown’s actions and that the two were still seething about it Tuesday. Brown’s complaint to Haley was harsh enough and the reaction to it along the sideline volatile to the point that many people there noticed, although it was not shown nor apparently caught on camera by anyone, including ESPN, which broadcast the game.

https://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/...ports/steelers

And of course Haley does not try to be the adult in the room but is still "seething" about being challenged
Old 09-18-2013, 08:31 AM   #15
ebsteelers
Living Legend

SpeedPong Champion! X-Training Champion!
Member Number: 18215
Thanked 2,163 Times in 1,262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pczach View Post
We don't have a true #1. I like the guys we have, but there is no dominant receiver on the roster.
should of drafted mike mauti instead of JUSTIN BROWN!!!!!

but really Can Moye be the number 1? seems like he has great size but I know how we roll, he'll do nothing here, and then go to the browns and be a hall of famer
ebsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #16
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,524 Times in 4,075 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Antonio Brown agrees

I was wondering how long it would take for the players to start getting in Haley's face - Ed.B. of the P-G reports Brown got into it with Haley on the sidelines Monday night

The Steelers’ problems go deeper than their 0-2 record, and they bubbled over along the sideline in the second half of Monday night’s game in Cincinnati.

There, wide receiver Antonio Brown confronted offensive coordinator Todd Haley. Brown angrily complained to the coach that not enough pass plays were called for him, several sources told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Specifics of the argument were hard to come by but sources say that Haley was upset by Brown’s actions and that the two were still seething about it Tuesday. Brown’s complaint to Haley was harsh enough and the reaction to it along the sideline volatile to the point that many people there noticed, although it was not shown nor apparently caught on camera by anyone, including ESPN, which broadcast the game.

https://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/...ports/steelers

And of course Haley does not try to be the adult in the room but is still "seething" about being challenged
AB has every right to be pissed off.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #17
casteeler
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15446
My Mood: Lurking

Moye looked excellent on the TD throw Ben,the guy looks very promising.I remember hearing Tunch and Wolf say during preseason that Moye looked good but would probably get cut,I'm glad that didn't happen
casteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #18
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 1,026 Times in 412 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by casteeler View Post
Moye looked excellent on the TD throw Ben,the guy looks very promising.I remember hearing Tunch and Wolf say during preseason that Moye looked good but would probably get cut,I'm glad that didn't happen
You can't base Moye's talent on just that one pass. But I think if Moye puts in enough work, he could be something really special. He seems hungry, something this team is missing.
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #19
Carolina Steelers
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 3009

Have the Steelers ever had a true #1 WR? (During Bens ERA) I think not, there's not many Calvin Johnson's, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, AJ Green, heck even dez Bryant to go around, when playing the steelers no WR has ever struck fear in defense maybe Wallace deep threat. Heck we won Super Bowl XL with ward, randle el, and Cedric Wilson. Seems to me we have 2, #2's but with ball in hand can do some damage if Ben has time and Haley puts them in game plan.
Carolina Steelers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Carolina Steelers For This Useful Post:
teegre (09-18-2013)
Old 09-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #20
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 1,026 Times in 412 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Steelers View Post
Have the Steelers ever had a true #1 WR? (During Bens ERA) I think not, there's not many Calvin Johnson's, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, AJ Green, heck even dez Bryant to go around, when playing the steelers no WR has ever struck fear in defense maybe Wallace deep threat. Heck we won Super Bowl XL with ward, randle el, and Cedric Wilson. Seems to me we have 2, #2's but with ball in hand can do some damage if Ben has time and Haley puts them in game plan.
Not many teams have true number one receivers. But the successful teams, have schemes to hide this flaw.
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SH-Rock For This Useful Post:
Carolina Steelers (09-18-2013)