Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-07-2014, 01:59 PM   #131
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: 2013-2014 Pittsburgh Penguins Regular Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
Saw this on Facebook tonight, and I couldn't help but think of our crazy hockey nut, @SteelCityMom!

It's so darn cute!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152234705750809
I meant to respond to this forever ago lol. I saw that too, he's absolutely adorkable.

He did this after the game (I can't think of against who, the past 2 weeks are a blur lol) when Neal scored a hat trick.

He's also gotten big commercial contract (they didn't let him use his own voice apparently though).

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 08:29 AM   #132
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Pens get an exciting comeback win over the Canucks last night...if you missed this game, you missed a good one.

Pens were up 2-0 with goals from Gibbons and Malkin until late in the 2nd when Vancouver scored their first goal. In the 3rd, the Canucks came back with 3 more goals to take the lead at 4-2. With 1:11 left in the game, this happened...

Game went into OT with no score and then Pens do what they do in the SO. Win. Pens have not lost a SO since Feb. of '12. Thanks mustache boy!

It was pretty cool to see Vancouver fans so excited for Sid's goals. They LOVE him in Western Canada. I've never seen fans cheer when the other guys get the game tying goal and SO win. Lotta signs and a lot of love for him all through the crowd...I wonder if they're excited for the Olympics?

It was also very, very satisfying to see Torts face at the end of the SO. He hates the Pens so much.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
Old 01-08-2014, 12:29 PM   #133
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I was reading up and there were some Penguins 'fans' who were angry that Crosby and Neal weren't on Team USA. Did you guys hear anything like that? I mean, c'mon.
What person doesnt know they are Canadian? Of coarse they're gonna play in the Olympics for Canada. Players are chosen to represent their Countries anybody knows that!

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stb_steeler For This Useful Post:
SteelCityMom (01-11-2014)
Old 01-11-2014, 10:44 AM   #134
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Pens had a pretty lousy showing in Edmonton last night. 1st period was complete garbage, but at least both teams played like garbage, so no one scored. Pens scored twice in the 2nd (Neal, Crosby) and took a 2-0 lead into the third. Only to blow it. Oilers scored twice to tie the game, then Letang scored to take the lead back...only to have Belov tie it up again with about 2 minutes left to go. Sutter took a stupid penalty with about a half a minute left, and the Oilers got the quick overtime goal with a 4 on 3.

They were lucky to get out of there with a point.

Not stressing too much, they're going to have bad games, and the Oilers really got up for that game and played well (for the most part). Hopefully they do better in Calgary tonight. Last game of the Western road trip for them. It will be another 10pm ET game. Fleury will be in goal tonight.

Old 01-12-2014, 09:36 AM   #135
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Pens beat the Flames 2-1 last night with goals from Kunitz and Niskanen. Even though there were only 29 shots against Fleury, he had to make some pretty impressive saves last night to keep the Pens on top.

A kind of disturbing trend of letting good leads slip away from them has emerged since getting Orpik, Scuds, and Letang back. Ever since the Jets game, they've just been letting teams hang around way too much. Hopefully these guys can get back on the same page, because they are much better than this.

Vitale was injured late against the Oilers on Friday, and didn't play last night. Gibbons was injured early in the game last night and didn't return. No update on their conditions yet.

Bortuzzo will most definitely have a hearing for a questionable hit that earned him a 5 minute major and a match penalty. What do you think? I'm on the fence about it.

And lastly, fans who tuned into the Root Sports post game last night got an extra treat when they caught a glimpse of a nekkid Sutter.

The Following User Says Thank You to SteelCityMom For This Useful Post:
stb_steeler (01-14-2014)
Old 01-14-2014, 01:03 PM   #136
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

They need to get the penalty's under control. Making stupid decisions and not scoring on PP's.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:50 PM   #137
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Some updates, in the form of a post from my favorite Pens fan page - Angry NHL Fans Pittsburgh. Give them a like, they're hilarious and fun to follow during games. They also regularly post pens points codes for people who don't have Root Sports.

*sigh* Injury news...
Joe Vitale is on IR. Just to make room for this next item..
When John Hynes wasn't looking, Bylsma snatched Nick Drazenovic from WBS. (yoink!)
I'm thinking it was a middle of the night abduction involving a van and shady characters. No hockey player is gonna come here willingly.
On a related note, happy birthday to Nick Drazenovic!
James Neal is missing his 2nd practice in a row. Because OF FUCKING COURSE HE IS.
During practice today, Despres had a turn at forward. I'm not going to be happy until I see Fleury on the top line.

-------------

More news of the breaking variety!
James Neal is day to day with an upper body injury, but hadn't been ruled out for tomorrow.
The Pens have been told that Robert Bortuzzo will not receive any supplemental discipline from the league for the Giordano hit.

https://www.facebook.com/AngryNHLFans.Penguins

Old 01-15-2014, 11:15 AM   #138
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Finally, some hockey tonight!!!

*Tonight's Rivalry Night game at the Consol against the Washington Capitals will air on NBC Sports and the puck drops at 8:00ish.
*Marc-Andre Fleury will get the start in nets for the Pens. Caps haven't named their starting goalie, but Grubauer played last night in their loss to the Sharks, so Holtby might get the nod tonight.
*James Neal practiced with the Pens after skipping 2 days, and seems to really want to play tonight. He says he feels good, but the decision belongs to the coaches.
*Pens recalled Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond-LeLongnamed-Lebabypen from Wilkes Barre LeScranton. He'll wear number Le32 if he plays. (By the way, the media has named him "PL3". Also, Letourneau-Leblond can be rearranged to spell "neutral lube noodle.")
*Not sure how I feel about him joining us…dude has I think 2 points in 40 NHL games with a bozillion penalty minutes.
He did say, however, that he relishes idea of standing up for Crosby & Malkin and would like to deliver his first hit on Ovechkin. So I guess I like him already!
*Engellend stayed as a winger in practice today. Sutter moved up to top line…apparently he has shown what he's made of. I thank you.
*Nick Drazenovic worked on a line centering Glass and Adams. He'll wear #40, for those of you keeping track at home.
*Lines at practice: Kuni-Sid-Sutter; Jussi-Geno-Neal; Glass-Drazenovic-Adams; Pyatt-Sill-Engelland (rotating with Letourneau-Leblond).

Old 01-15-2014, 09:43 PM   #139
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Holy Fuckballs!!!! What a game! Pens beat the Caps 4-3 with a late goal by Maatta to win the game, with previous goals coming from Letang, Pyatt, and Jokinen. Highlights in a bit.

The Following User Says Thank You to SteelCityMom For This Useful Post:
steelax04 (01-16-2014)
Old 01-16-2014, 07:52 AM   #140
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw

What a game indeed... Caps are to the Penguins as the Ravens are to the Steelers. You know it's always gonna be a good one when they face off.