Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2006, 04:26 PM   #1
SteelersGirlTN7
Starter
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Titan Land
Posts: 426
Member Number: 71
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Red face Opening day poem

Are you ready for some football ? The time is here
It's time to start a brand new year

The Steelers open up the season with the Dolphins at home
And it's time again for me to write a poem

Steelers are the Superbowl Champs but that is now in the past
I'm excited for a new year with Ben and supporting cast

We had a losing preseason but that's okay
It helped us see who could and couldn't play

We didn't game plan - just played the games
Seeing new players - not always knowing their names

Even though we haven't had much luck - it wasn't all bad
Ben is back and healthy and that makes us all glad

Unfortunately, some things will never be the same
It's hard to think we'll never see Bettis in another game

We must move on - with the new faces and the old
Support our guys wearing Black & Gold

Cheer and scream - Steeler Nation - take a stand
We got one for the thumb - let's work on the other hand!
SteelersGirlTN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 04:28 PM   #2
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter
 
SteelerFanInCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 2,184
Gender: Male
Member Number: 875
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Opening day poem

Football season can officially start now. Great work SGTN7.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 04:46 PM   #3
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach
 
memphissteelergirl's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Inside your brain
Posts: 1,923
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2648
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Opening day poem

Great job as always!
__________________
Memo to all smack-talkin' trolls: "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."-Abe Lincoln
memphissteelergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 05:25 PM   #4
floodcitygirl
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 2,752
Member Number: 1784
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Opening day poem

This is my first season here but great job!!!
__________________


Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 05:32 PM   #5
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter
 
BlackNGold203's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Butler, PA
Posts: 2,193
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1217
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Opening day poem

*APPLAUSE*

Mojo to you!!!!
__________________
BlackNGold203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 05:51 PM   #6
slyfox13
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7
Member Number: 2925
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Re: Opening day poem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersGirlTN7 View Post
Are you ready for some football ? The time is here
It's time to start a brand new year

The Steelers open up the season with the Dolphins at home
And it's time again for me to write a poem

Steelers are the Superbowl Champs but that is now in the past
I'm excited for a new year with Ben and supporting cast

We had a losing preseason but that's okay
It helped us see who could and couldn't play

We didn't game plan - just played the games
Seeing new players - not always knowing their names

Even though we haven't had much luck - it wasn't all bad
Ben is back and healthy and that makes us all glad

Unfortunately, some things will never be the same
It's hard to think we'll never see Bettis in another game

We must move on - with the new faces and the old
Support our guys wearing Black & Gold

Cheer and scream - Steeler Nation - take a stand
We got one for the thumb - let's work on the other hand!
we had it all our year in the sun.now its all over our glory done.
the dolphins have risen to steel the fun.

as we look to our past the splendor of games past.
we realize the splendor of glory days past.

and tip our hats, our hearts, ohso heavy to the new millinium ,the new dynasty The DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
slyfox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 06:02 PM   #7
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter
 
SteelerFanInCA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 2,184
Gender: Male
Member Number: 875
Thanks: 2
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default Re: Opening day poem

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox13 View Post
we had it all our year in the sun.now its all over our glory done.
the dolphins have risen to steel the fun.

as we look to our past the splendor of games past.
we realize the splendor of glory days past.

and tip our hats, our hearts, ohso heavy to the new millinium ,the new dynasty The DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dolphins Dynasty? Now there's a perfect example of an oxymoron.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 06:13 PM   #8
slyfox13
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7
Member Number: 2925
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Opening day poem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFanInCA View Post
Dolphins Dynasty? Now there's a perfect example of an oxymoron.
first you must be able to grasp the oxymoron of a oxymoron? then quickly try to snatch the pebble from my hand grasshopper!by the way if your going to underline a word let it lead somewhere fool!
slyfox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:17 PM   #9
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter
 
clevestinks's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,326
Member Number: 302
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Opening day poem

Always a great read!
__________________
<b>BLEEDING BLACK & GOLD IN OHIO</b>[
clevestinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 09:43 PM   #10
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Opening day poem

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox13 View Post
by the way if your going to underline a word let it lead somewhere fool!
Actually by bolding it and underlying it, you emphasize the word. If you have to lead it somewhere, then you're just leading the fool!!!!!

BTW, SGTN7 - great poem!!!
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts