Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
PineappleJetsFan
Water Boy

Member Number: 15703
Default Good luck this week

Hey fellas. Havent posted here since the last Jets game where I believe you kicked our asses again. Anyway heres hoping to an injury free, old school brawl.

Things I like so far on the Jets:
Our D...especially the line...angry bunch of large men
Our OC...having been tortured by Brian Schottenheimer and Tony Sparano, Marty M is a godsend
Geno (sometimes..typical rookie mistakes, but at least its better than Sanchez)
Team seems to be playing hard all around for Rex

Things I dont like
We just lost our only speed rushing LB to ACL (Barnes). Ricky Sapp will likely be resigned today, but Barnes is a big loss
Gurad: Ducasse had like 40 penalties in 3 games. Was a great run blocker, but too many mental mistakes. Rookie Brian Winters took his place this week. Did fairly well except almost getting Geno killed one play.
Penalties..driving me nuts.

Oh yeah...dont like coming off a short week with you guys coming off bye. Bad scheduling by the league.

Anyway good luck. I used to go to Slippery Rock and miss the good people and food of Western PA!
PineappleJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to PineappleJetsFan For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (10-09-2013), Bane (10-09-2013), Buddha Bus (10-09-2013), harrison'samonster (10-10-2013), IowaSteeler927 (10-11-2013), Lady Steel (10-09-2013), pczach (10-09-2013), sluggermatt15 (10-11-2013), SteelCityMom (10-11-2013), SteelerEmpire (10-11-2013), Steelstoned1972 (10-09-2013), teegre (10-09-2013), TheWarDen86 (10-09-2013)
Old 10-09-2013, 12:09 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,246 Times in 2,690 Posts
Default Re: Good luck this week

how you liking willie colon so far? you got to see how he brings the nasty in his first game.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
PineappleJetsFan
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
how you liking willie colon so far? you got to see how he brings the nasty in his first game.
our ol really regressed last year and the fan base loves him. Hes really brought a nasty attitude to the OL and it matches the personality of the Dline. I didnt expect much from this season (aand I still dont), but its a joy to watch smashmouth football on both sides of our line. Think thats what helped us against Atlanta. We just beat up their lines. Its fun to watch even if we lose.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #4
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,839 Times in 2,700 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineappleJetsFan View Post
Hey fellas. Havent posted here since the last Jets game where I believe you kicked our asses again. Anyway heres hoping to an injury free, old school brawl!
Thanks - if anyone would have told me that in week 5 one New York team would be 0-5 and the other would be 3-2 I would never have guessed it would be the Jets with the winning record

Is Rex in the process of saving his job?
teegre (10-09-2013)
Old 10-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #5
PineappleJetsFan
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Thanks - if anyone would have told me that in week 5 one New York team would be 0-5 and the other would be 3-2 I would never have guessed it would be the Jets with the winning record

Is Rex in the process of saving his job?
Big debate among our board. I'm a big Rex fan and there is a bunch who want him done. I think a big part of him being on thin ice was overblown by the media as is everything with the Jets. The guy has a winning record after 4 years and been to the AFC Championship twice...with Sanchez! The new GM has definitely put the muzzle on him though which is good. I hope he keeps his job. The guy is a great Defensive mind no matter what you think of him. As long as we keep Marty running the offense I think continuity is key to success. I mean look at you guys. 3 coaches in my lifetime I think. I know 0-5 sucks, but its an abberation for you. You have been consistently successful.
The Following User Says Thank You to PineappleJetsFan For This Useful Post:
43Hitman (10-09-2013)
Old 10-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #6
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cheerful

Its definitely been a rough start, but I don't expect it to last long. The Steelers will right this ship, they've improved each game thus far and with the bye week it gives them a much needed breather. Hopefully they used this week to work on the fundamentals of football like blocking, catching, tackling, kicking and most importantly taking care of the football.

I gotta admit, I was surprised at how your team looked against Atlanta. I was also surprised to see Atlanta play a lot of pass defense instead of pressuring Geno. I thought they had some opportunities to get after him and force some rookie mistakes, ultimately I think it cost them the game.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #7
PineappleJetsFan
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
Its definitely been a rough start, but I don't expect it to last long. The Steelers will right this ship, they've improved each game thus far and with the bye week it gives them a much needed breather. Hopefully they used this week to work on the fundamentals of football like blocking, catching, tackling, kicking and most importantly taking care of the football.

I gotta admit, I was surprised at how your team looked against Atlanta. I was also surprised to see Atlanta play a lot of pass defense instead of pressuring Geno. I thought they had some opportunities to get after him and force some rookie mistakes, ultimately I think it cost them the game.
Totally agree on Atlanta...they should have blitzed a lot more. They gave Geno wayy too much time.

As an outsider looking at your team I think 2 things you need to look at. One I think you had a really hard first 3 games and playing in London is retarded and not fair. The secons is you've been snakebitten by injuries (esp OL). I think you guys will be fine...just hope it starts next week :-)
Old 10-09-2013, 12:42 PM   #8
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineappleJetsFan View Post
Totally agree on Atlanta...they should have blitzed a lot more. They gave Geno wayy too much time.

As an outsider looking at your team I think 2 things you need to look at. One I think you had a really hard first 3 games and playing in London is retarded and not fair. The secons is you've been snakebitten by injuries (esp OL). I think you guys will be fine...just hope it starts next week :-)
I swear man, its like the Browns did some kind of sacrifice to the football gods to curse us and allow them to be in first place in the division.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #9
Bane
Head Coach

Member Number: 24775
Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,154 Posts

I always like to see fans of other teams here, as long as they're respectful and insightful (or just entertaining ). Shit, one of the best posters on this board is a Ravens fan.

So, welcome to the board!

That said, I admit, what I saw against the Falcons scared me as a Steelers fan. However, the amount of rest the Steelers have, alongside the changes they have made since, has boosted my confidence. That Jets defense is pretty ridiculous, though.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #10
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,147 Times in 3,920 Posts

The Falcons have bad Tackles and look how they fared against the Jets.

Geno might struggle against LeBeau's defense, but I think Wilkerson and Richardson should do well against our line. But (you guys knew this was coming) I like AB over Cromartie.

This game is the definition of a toss up.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote