Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2014 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 11-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #21
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: Early draft mocks

Just for shits given what happened today, how about a Ben trade mock draft? I don't really want it to happen but it's interesting to think about.

Ben traded to Minnesota for Minnesota's 2014 first and second round picks as well as a 2015 first rounder.

1A. Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
1B. Louis Nix, NT, Notre Dame
2A. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
2B. Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech (I'm sorry I keep throwing him in in every mock, he's my homer pick, but let's just say an early second round CB goes here).
3. (Comp Pick) Kurtis Drummond, S, Michigan State

Draft a WR, LT, or ILB with the 2015 picks
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PhantomJB93 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-10-2013)
Old 11-11-2013, 04:29 AM   #22
Soberdisposition
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24720

I dont think we'd get two first round picks for Ben, a 1st, 3rd and maybe something like a 6th or 7th. In the event we do id like to see this;

1A Brett Hundley , QB, UCLA
1B Taylor Lewan, OT , Michigan
2 HaHa Clinton Dix , S , Alabama
3 Darqueeze Dennard , CB, Michigan State
4 Jared Abbrederis , WR , Wisconsin
5 DaQuan Jones, DT , Penn State/ Danny Shelton, DT , Washington
6 Max Bullough , ILB , Michigan State
7 Patrick O'Donnell, P , Miami (FLA)
7 Kaneakua Friel , TE , BYU

FA - Colt Lyerla , TE , Oregon
Beau Allen, DT, Wisconsin
David Fluellan, RB, Toledo
Mike Olson , OLB, Wake Forest

Thatd make me pretty happy.

Edit - Id like to say though, i dont think we should trade Ben.

Last edited by Soberdisposition; 11-11-2013 at 04:41 AM.
Soberdisposition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #23
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,971 Times in 4,244 Posts

Well, half the season is now in the books which means it's time for my first mock.

Projected Draft Pick: 5th Overall

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
3. Minnesota Vikings - Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
4. Atlanta Falcons - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
5. Pittsburgh Steelers - Anthony Barr, LB, UCLA

The Pick: He's just one of those guys that we can't pass up. He's long, lean and athletic. He's built in the same mold of Aldon Smith in terms of his raw physical traits. He fits best in a 3-4 Attacking Scheme where he'd be rushing the passer upwards of 85 - 90% of the time. While he can drop into coverage and execute complex blitzes, he's best used as a pass rusher. He simply represents the best value for the pick and is arguably a better defensive prospect (especially for a 3-4 scheme) than Jadeveon Clowney. I asked @teegre something I'll ask you guys - if you had the chance to draft Aldon Smith without the character issues, would you?

2nd Round - 37th Overall - Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina

The Pick: We could go a lot of different ways with this pick. CB, LB, Safety, WR, etc., but for the sake of what I feel is a pressing need, we go NT and we get a damn good one. Kelcy will get overlooked because he's playing on the same line as Jadeveon Clowney, but that does not mean he's not a hell'uva player in his own right. He's a guy that can fight off double teams and be a space eater up the middle, which would allow not only our Linebackers to get more pressure on the outside, but would allow Heyward and McLendon to generate pressure one-on-one in the interior and crash the pocket. A true NT here would do wonders for this team in terms of generating pressure and allowing the pocket to collapse. A line composed of Barr and Jones on the outside with Heyward, McLendon and Quarles on the interior wreaking havoc is the future of this team and it's a bright future at that.

3rd Round - ?? Overall - Compensatory Selection - Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech

The Pick: Fuller is an interesting prospects for a lot of reasons but I think what stands out most is his potential. To me, he's like another Cortez Allen. While he doesn't go to a smaller school, he often gets overlooked as he's on a secondary which is arguably the best in the country. He had a fantastic game against the Crimson Tide earlier this year which put him on teams' radar. He looks like a play maker and a guy that doesn't necessarily have to come in and start immediately, but has the potential to do so. He's just a great prospect with high upside. I'd be very interested to see what Carnell is able to do with him.
SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
PhantomJB93 (11-11-2013)
Old 11-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #24
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soberdisposition View Post
I dont think we'd get two first round picks for Ben, a 1st, 3rd and maybe something like a 6th or 7th. In the event we do id like to see this;

1A Brett Hundley , QB, UCLA
1B Taylor Lewan, OT , Michigan
2 HaHa Clinton Dix , S , Alabama
5 DaQuan Jones, DT , Penn State/ Danny Shelton, DT , Washington

Thatd make me pretty happy.

Edit - Id like to say though, i dont think we should trade Ben.
If the Bungals could net two first round picks for a scrub like Carson Palmer, we could get a desperate team like the Vikings to give up 2 for a 2-time SB winning QB in Ben. And again, this won't happen, but I'm just saying in the event Roethlisberger was put on the trade block, I don't think it can be understated how huge a return he'd net. SB-winning franchise QB's who aren't THAT old don't get traded often, there's nothing to really compare it to.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PhantomJB93 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-12-2013)
Old 11-12-2013, 05:34 AM   #25
cbrunn
Starter

Member Number: 23984

this is a great website for Salary ... http://overthecap.com/calculator/?Team=Steelers

With Ben traded , Ike Cut , Troy Cut , Heath Cut , Levi Brown cut (or trade any of the mentioned players even for cheap) ... Steelers have 25 Mill in cap space ...

of course it would be total rebuild , but still ... just goes to show you not only would it help rebuild for the future in netting some good picks ... it shows you the kind of money that can be opened up

anyway I think Arizona would be the best place for Ben , of course Ariens , but get their 1st and 2nd , and a future pick depending on if they make the playoffs like a 3rd or 4th or something
cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cbrunn For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-12-2013), Soberdisposition (11-12-2013)
Old 11-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #26
Soberdisposition
Draft Prospect

Realistically -

Cut Troy, L Brown, Paulson , Ike, Mclendon , Spaeth ,

Total cap saving of $15m in 2014.

Let Kiesel, Burress, Clark ,Cotchery, Jones , Warren, Hood, Howling, Wilson, Woods, Sylvester, Sanders, Worilds and Gordon go

Look to sign Ben to a lower 3 year deal with less guaranteed money and more bonuses for games played, playoff appearances etc built in.

That way you keep the franchise QB and save money.

With the $15m id look to extend Velasco,Dwyer and Whimper(1 year minimum salary) . Id tender an offer to Worilds but if we cant afford him then let him go and take the compensatory.

Then look at free agents, we are short on the D line so look at someone like Greg Hardy? Hes only 25 so plenty of room to get better plus he fills a need. Id then look at picking up a half decent CB and safety.

Draft would basically then play out like below;

1 Louis Nix , DT (would the NT for us) Notre Dame
2 Cameron Erving , OT, Florida State
5 Deone Bucannon , S, Washington State

Imagine a D-line of Hardy - Nix - Heyward with our linebacking core....

Also this guy with the Sharknado!

The Following User Says Thank You to Soberdisposition For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-12-2013)
Old 11-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #27
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,453 Times in 8,537 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soberdisposition View Post
5 Deone Bucannon , S, Washington State

Also this guy with the Sharknado!
I watch a lot of PAC-12. Bucannon is amazing. I've been on his bandwagon for months.

But... will he be there in R5???

My guess: they would have to use the R3 comp pick at the latest (he is most likely a late R2 pick).
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:39 AM   #28
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 20,453 Times in 8,537 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Well, half the season is now in the books which means it's time for my first mock.

Projected Draft Pick: 5th Overall

1. Jacksonville Jaguars - Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina
3. Minnesota Vikings - Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
4. Atlanta Falcons - Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
5. Pittsburgh Steelers - Anthony Barr, LB, UCLA

The Pick: He's just one of those guys that we can't pass up. He's long, lean and athletic. He's built in the same mold of Aldon Smith in terms of his raw physical traits. He fits best in a 3-4 Attacking Scheme where he'd be rushing the passer upwards of 85 - 90% of the time. While he can drop into coverage and execute complex blitzes, he's best used as a pass rusher. He simply represents the best value for the pick and is arguably a better defensive prospect (especially for a 3-4 scheme) than Jadeveon Clowney. I asked @teegre something I'll ask you guys - if you had the chance to draft Aldon Smith without the character issues, would you?

2nd Round - 37th Overall - Kelcy Quarles, DT, South Carolina

The Pick: We could go a lot of different ways with this pick. CB, LB, Safety, WR, etc., but for the sake of what I feel is a pressing need, we go NT and we get a damn good one. Kelcy will get overlooked because he's playing on the same line as Jadeveon Clowney, but that does not mean he's not a hell'uva player in his own right. He's a guy that can fight off double teams and be a space eater up the middle, which would allow not only our Linebackers to get more pressure on the outside, but would allow Heyward and McLendon to generate pressure one-on-one in the interior and crash the pocket. A true NT here would do wonders for this team in terms of generating pressure and allowing the pocket to collapse. A line composed of Barr and Jones on the outside with Heyward, McLendon and Quarles on the interior wreaking havoc is the future of this team and it's a bright future at that.

3rd Round - ?? Overall - Compensatory Selection - Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech

The Pick: Fuller is an interesting prospects for a lot of reasons but I think what stands out most is his potential. To me, he's like another Cortez Allen. While he doesn't go to a smaller school, he often gets overlooked as he's on a secondary which is arguably the best in the country. He had a fantastic game against the Crimson Tide earlier this year which put him on teams' radar. He looks like a play maker and a guy that doesn't necessarily have to come in and start immediately, but has the potential to do so. He's just a great prospect with high upside. I'd be very interested to see what Carnell is able to do with him.
I'd like a LT... via free agency. It's the one area where this team has actually spent money in that regard (Duval Love, Will Wolford, Jeff Hartings... even Flozell Adams).

Barr:
http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...&postcount=164

NT:
McClendon - Nix/Quarles - Heyward

CB:
The third biggest need (behind LT & NT).
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
SteelersCanada (11-13-2013)
Old 11-13-2013, 08:22 AM   #29
kan_t
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 21653

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Just for shits given what happened today, how about a Ben trade mock draft? I don't really want it to happen but it's interesting to think about.

Ben traded to Minnesota for Minnesota's 2014 first and second round picks as well as a 2015 first rounder.

1A. Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
1B. Louis Nix, NT, Notre Dame
2A. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
2B. Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech (I'm sorry I keep throwing him in in every mock, he's my homer pick, but let's just say an early second round CB goes here).
3. (Comp Pick) Kurtis Drummond, S, Michigan State

Draft a WR, LT, or ILB with the 2015 picks
I don't know. Doesn't really make sense from the Vikings' point of view. They can save a 2015 first round pick, 2014 second round pick and ton of cap space by simply picking up Mariota.
kan_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #30
Soberdisposition
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
I watch a lot of PAC-12. Bucannon is amazing. I've been on his bandwagon for months.

But... will he be there in R5???

My guess: they would have to use the R3 comp pick at the latest (he is most likely a late R2 pick).
Depends , I think there are players from "bigger" programmes who will get picked before him, I can see him shooting up though! I wouldn't mind giving up a 3rd for him though, I think he could be something truly special. The guy just loves to hit and you can't coach that
The Following User Says Thank You to Soberdisposition For This Useful Post:
teegre (11-13-2013)