Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #11
OX1947
Living Legend
 
OX1947's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,707
Member Number: 723
Thanks: 188
Thanked 1,155 Times in 580 Posts
Default Re: Steelers choose to forget the big picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
What planet are you living on, Ed?
I keep telling you people that Ed is a gastric gas bag. One of the most condescending aholes I have ever read or seen. He needs a Jim Everett slap right across his face. I would love to do it myself if I had the chance.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OX1947 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (10-16-2013), Lady Steel (10-15-2013)
Old 10-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #12
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter
 
steelfury02's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,587
Member Number: 6076
Thanks: 4,553
Thanked 4,145 Times in 1,987 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Steelers choose to forget the big picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
I keep telling you people that Ed is a gastric gas bag. One of the most condescending aholes I have ever read or seen. He needs a Jim Everett slap right across his face. I would love to do it myself if I had the chance.
i'm not a huge fan of his public persona but can you imagine the number of idiotic fans and questions he has to deal with

all that said - he is one of THE sources and has plenty of inside info on our black and gold
__________________

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (10-16-2013), lardlad (10-16-2013)
Old 10-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #13
OX1947
Living Legend
 
OX1947's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,707
Member Number: 723
Thanks: 188
Thanked 1,155 Times in 580 Posts
Default Re: Steelers choose to forget the big picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
i'm not a huge fan of his public persona but can you imagine the number of idiotic fans and questions he has to deal with

all that said - he is one of THE sources and has plenty of inside info on our black and gold
Then don't answer questions of idiotic fans. No one is forcing him to do it. People are idiots, everyone knows this. So, why would you conduct interviews, Q&A, whatever, with an idiot? I'm not putting this all on Ed, I generally loathe media people naturally. Most have careers because of yellow journalism.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OX1947 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (10-16-2013)
Old 10-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #14
JeromeBetties63
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 721
Member Number: 19049
Thanks: 401
Thanked 502 Times in 258 Posts
Default Re: Steelers choose to forget the big picture

[QUOTE=madtowndrunkard;1196251]...and if it wasn't for 2 bad turnovers by their rookie QB... they win that game.QUOTE)

This could be said about 90% of NFL games..."if it wasn't for...."
JeromeBetties63 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JeromeBetties63 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (10-16-2013)
Old 10-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #15
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,113
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 2,495
Thanked 7,966 Times in 3,515 Posts
Default Re: Steelers choose to forget the big picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
It's funny how quickly steeler fans can turn optimistic. I think it's great... but I'm not so optimistic. Yea we got a win but IMO that win only reaffirmed my opinion that this team is really bad..
Gerry Dulac of the P-G appeared to agree in his online chat today

What do you think the Steelers final record will be this year?

Gerry Dulac: I probably get asked that question more than any other, and I answer it the same way -- time will tell. I don't think they are a 4-12 team by an stretch and I don't think they will be 6-10, either. But I think we need to wait a couple more games to see what is realistic. Right now, it doesn't look like they will win more than 6 games,


http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...101613-707774/

But the AFC is down (New England's interior defense now is gutted with the loss of Wilfolk and Mayo) so who knows?
__________________
“For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.” - H.L. Mencken
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Atlanta Dan For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (10-16-2013)
Old 10-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #16
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
steelax04's Avatar
 
HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,489
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12182
Thanks: 395
Thanked 754 Times in 344 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Steelers choose to forget the big picture

[QUOTE=JeromeBetties63;1196712]
Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
...and if it wasn't for 2 bad turnovers by their rookie QB... they win that game.QUOTE)

This could be said about 90% of NFL games..."if it wasn't for...."
Exactly... "if he didn't overthrow on that deep ball by 2 feet that's a TD" Well, that's why they run the plays and don't give TDs based on the potential of a play.
__________________
steelax04 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelax04 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (10-16-2013)
Old 10-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #17
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 14,542
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 20,543
Thanked 21,646 Times in 8,937 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Steelers choose to forget the big picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Gerry Dulac of the P-G appeared to agree in his online chat today

What do you think the Steelers final record will be this year?

Gerry Dulac: I probably get asked that question more than any other, and I answer it the same way -- time will tell. I don't think they are a 4-12 team by an stretch and I don't think they will be 6-10, either. But I think we need to wait a couple more games to see what is realistic. Right now, it doesn't look like they will win more than 6 games,


http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...101613-707774/

But the AFC is down (New England's interior defense now is gutted with the loss of Wilfolk and Mayo) so who knows?
Beatable teams on the schedule: ALL of them.

No one scares me thins year... except the Broncos (who the Steelers will face in the AFCCG) and the Seahawks (who the Steelers will beat in SuperBowl XLVIII).
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (10-16-2013), harrison'samonster (10-16-2013)
Old 10-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #18
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 
steelax04's Avatar
 
HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,489
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12182
Thanks: 395
Thanked 754 Times in 344 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Steelers choose to forget the big picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Beatable teams on the schedule: ALL of them.

No one scares me thins year... except the Broncos (who the Steelers will face in the AFCCG) and the Seahawks (who the Steelers will beat in SuperBowl XLVIII).
Oh please... not the Seahawks. I can't bear to hear my relatives in Washington complain again about how the refs handed the Lombardi to Pittsburgh again.
__________________
steelax04 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steelax04 For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (10-16-2013), harrison'samonster (10-16-2013), teegre (10-16-2013)
Old 10-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #19
vasteeler
Team President
 
vasteeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: richmond va
Posts: 2,401
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3341
Thanks: 837
Thanked 1,139 Times in 448 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Steelers choose to forget the big picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Beatable teams on the schedule: ALL of them.

No one scares me thins year... except the Broncos (who the Steelers will face in the AFCCG) and the Seahawks (who the Steelers will beat in SuperBowl XLVIII).


vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vasteeler For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (10-16-2013), teegre (10-16-2013)
Old 10-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #20
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 14,542
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 20,543
Thanked 21,646 Times in 8,937 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Steelers choose to forget the big picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelax04 View Post
Oh please... not the Seahawks. I can't bear to hear my relatives in Washington complain again about how the refs handed the Lombardi to Pittsburgh again.
This time, when the Steelers shut the out (28-0) it will finally end all of that crap.

Really.

I live in San Diego, and I heard about the AFCCG for fourteen years... until the 2008 play-off game (where the Steelers held the ball for all but 13 second of the third quarter).

Owning another team shuts them up.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (10-16-2013)
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts