Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 10-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #21
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,311 Times in 669 Posts
Default Re: Steelers choose to forget the big picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
This time, when the Steelers shut the out (28-0) it will finally end all of that crap.

Really.

I live in San Diego, and I heard about the AFCCG for fourteen years... until the 2008 play-off game (where the Steelers held the ball for all but 13 second of the third quarter).

Owning another team shuts them up.
Never enjoyed football so much then in 2008. Perfect season of football from every way. And ended in epicness...
OX1947 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OX1947 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (10-16-2013), tanda10506 (10-16-2013), teegre (10-16-2013)
Old 10-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #22
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,740 Times in 10,424 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Never enjoyed football so much then in 2008. Perfect season of football from every way. And ended in epicness...
Seriously though: two of the greatest play-off games that I have ever watched (Steelers or not), followed by the greatest SuperBowl ever.

Such a great season.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (10-16-2013), pczach (10-16-2013), Steelstoned1972 (10-16-2013)
Old 10-16-2013, 06:02 PM   #23
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Steel View Post
What planet are you living on, Ed?
I think he's right here to some degree.

Do we still hate the Ravens and want to crush them? Yes.

Is the rivalry the same this season with both teams struggling to find an identity and not fighting for the top spot in the division (currently)? No.

There isn't as much trash talk between the teams now either. With guys like Ward, Porter, Harrison, Ray-Ray, and Ed Reed gone, some of the luster has worn off the must-see rivalry for the rest of the nation. Even Terrell Suggs has been reserved and not talking shit like usual. Baltimore sports radio personalities said the same thing today.

Don't get me wrong, for myself and die-hard Steelers and Ravens fans everywhere, it's still THE game to watch, but it's lost a little of that nasty spark it had from 2 years ago.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (10-16-2013)
Old 10-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #24
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,311 Times in 669 Posts

Rivalry or not, Steelers probably can not afford to lose any division games the rest of the way and have to win 9 of the next 11 to have a shot at the playoffs.
OX1947 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OX1947 For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (10-16-2013), harrison'samonster (10-16-2013), vasteeler (10-16-2013)
Old 10-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #25
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

The Jets win had some positives and negatives. The team looked good at points, but we're still far from what we used to be. I think it can be a building block, and if they take it one game at a time and pull off a few surprise wins then we might have a shot! The Pats D is pretty damaged and I still don't have much faith in their WR's vs a good defense, the Colts, Chargers, Texans, Dolphins, Ravens, and Bengals look good one week and then look terrible the next. I haven't seen this much inconsistency at once.

We need more QB pressure and we need Troy to start being as good mentally as he has been physically on defense and we need the run game to at least be good enough so that the D can't tee off on Ben every damn down. If we do those things then come playoff time we can beat anybody except Denver. In order to beat Denver we need to drastically improve in nearly every area, and I don't see that much improvement happening without the defense stepping up BIG and Haley hitting the road. Shit happens though. Many of us thought the Pats were untouchable in 2010 and we never even seen them in the playoffs.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #26
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
If we do those things then come playoff time we can beat anybody except Denver. In order to beat Denver we need the weather to get drastically colder and hope Manning is healthy enough to underperform in it.
Fixed for accuracy.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (10-16-2013)
Old 10-16-2013, 09:48 PM   #27
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,312 Times in 1,831 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
Beatable teams on the schedule: ALL of them.

No one scares me thins year... except the Broncos (who the Steelers will face in the AFCCG) and the Seahawks (who the Steelers will beat in SuperBowl XLVIII).
indeed..the only team that scares me are the steelers themselves.
anyone who believes a sense of urgency will somehow elevate their play on the field must not remember the last few games of last year when they started shitting the bed instead of playing like they wanted a playoff spot. nothing they are saying to the media now is any different than the bullshit they said last year.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MasterOfPuppets For This Useful Post:
teegre (10-16-2013)
Old 10-16-2013, 10:46 PM   #28
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,544 Times in 3,763 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelax04 View Post
Oh please... not the Seahawks. I can't bear to hear my relatives in Washington complain again about how the refs handed the Lombardi to Pittsburgh again.
Enemy of your enemy can be your friend - Seahawks are a means of keeping Jim Harbaugh out of the Super Bowl
teegre (10-16-2013)
Old 10-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #29
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 25,740 Times in 10,424 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
indeed..the only team that scares me are the steelers themselves.
anyone who believes a sense of urgency will somehow elevate their play on the field must not remember the last few games of last year when they started shitting the bed instead of playing like they wanted a playoff spot. nothing they are saying to the media now is any different than the bullshit they said last year.
The Steelers are the only thing stopping the Steelers.

This is the year where all of that talking shall come to fruition. He'll will be unleashed... about four years later than expected.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #30
lopanchein
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 24254

after that column i wonder if ED will be banned from the forum?
lopanchein is offline   Reply With Quote