Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #11
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach
 
Riddle_Of_Steel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 1,955
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13727
Thanks: 2
Thanked 887 Times in 442 Posts
Default Re: Ravens-Steelers Game Bigger Than Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
the person whose team loses has to let out a pint of blood to the blood God, Khorne.
Ah, a WARHAMMER fan.....don't see many of them around today. Do you play BloodBowl?
__________________
GO STEELERS!!
"On the S-2-7 train"
Riddle_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Riddle_Of_Steel For This Useful Post:
teegre (10-17-2013)
Old 10-17-2013, 11:24 PM   #12
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 16,286
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 24,239
Thanked 25,627 Times in 10,392 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Ravens-Steelers Game Bigger Than Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
Ah, a WARHAMMER fan.....don't see many of them around today. Do you play BloodBowl?
No brother, I'm not a gamer, but I heard of that character... and always thought he sounded cool.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:55 AM   #13
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach
 
Riddle_Of_Steel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 1,955
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13727
Thanks: 2
Thanked 887 Times in 442 Posts
Default Re: Ravens-Steelers Game Bigger Than Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegre View Post
No brother, I'm not a gamer, but I heard of that character... and always thought he sounded cool.
LOL. My dorkness is painfully exposed.

Don;t really have the time for it anymore either. It is a lot of time and money spent on false accomplishments. I still like Madden 07 (last one on PC) and BloodBowl because of the team building aspect in both games (appeals to the engineer in me). Both are dinosaurs by todays standards, but I don't really care. A good game is like a great song-- they never get old.

Other than that, books, guitars, and working on the house are a much more practical use of my time than TV or video games. Being a dad is pretty awesome too (and time consuming).
__________________
GO STEELERS!!
"On the S-2-7 train"
Riddle_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Riddle_Of_Steel For This Useful Post:
JonM229 (10-18-2013), teegre (10-18-2013)
Old 10-18-2013, 12:56 AM   #14
Bane
Head Coach
 
Bane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,989
Member Number: 24775
Thanks: 2,727
Thanked 3,452 Times in 1,392 Posts
Default Re: Ravens-Steelers Game Bigger Than Blood

My 5 favorite football days of every year (Other than Steelers games):

5- Any playoff day.
4- Opening day.
3- The draft.
2- The Super Bowl.
1- Each Steelers-Ravens game.

Number 1 is only superseded by the Steelers-Ravens playoff game, or the Steelers being in the Super Bowl. Even then, it's 1A and 1B.
__________________
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bane For This Useful Post:
JonM229 (10-18-2013)
Old 10-18-2013, 12:58 AM   #15
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach
 
Riddle_Of_Steel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 1,955
Gender: Male
Member Number: 13727
Thanks: 2
Thanked 887 Times in 442 Posts
Default Re: Ravens-Steelers Game Bigger Than Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
My 5 favorite football days of every year (Other than Steelers games):

5- Any playoff day.
4- Opening day.
3- The draft.
2- The Super Bowl.
1- Each Steelers-Ravens game.

Number 1 is only superseded by the Steelers-Ravens playoff game, or the Steelers being in the Super Bowl. Even then, it's 1A and 1B.
Ah...that trip to SB XLIII must have been like the holy grail for you. It sure was for me. I'll never forget the look on Joe Sacko's face the last time Polamalu stripped the ball off him.
__________________
GO STEELERS!!
"On the S-2-7 train"
Riddle_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Riddle_Of_Steel For This Useful Post:
Bane (10-18-2013), vasteeler (10-18-2013)
Old 10-18-2013, 01:14 AM   #16
Bane
Head Coach
 
Bane's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,989
Member Number: 24775
Thanks: 2,727
Thanked 3,452 Times in 1,392 Posts
Default Re: Ravens-Steelers Game Bigger Than Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
Ah...that trip to SB XLIII must have been like the holy grail for you. It sure was for me. I'll never forget the look on Joe Sacko's face the last time Polamalu stripped the ball off him.
I tried to get a look, but his face was covered by dirt.

__________________
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bane For This Useful Post:
vasteeler (10-18-2013)
Old 10-18-2013, 08:07 AM   #17
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter
 
NJarhead's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,451
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1932
Thanks: 1,791
Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired
Default Re: Ravens-Steelers Game Bigger Than Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM229 View Post
Little depth at OL:

Step 1: Sign undersized WR

Step 2: ?

Step 3: Profit!

At least we never brought in Deion Sanders. And everyone else's cast offs.
__________________
"Roughing the Brady - 15 yard penalty: Automatic first down."
NJarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NJarhead For This Useful Post:
JonM229 (10-18-2013)
Old 10-18-2013, 08:18 AM   #18
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 16,286
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 24,239
Thanked 25,627 Times in 10,392 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Ravens-Steelers Game Bigger Than Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
LOL. My dorkness is painfully exposed.

Don;t really have the time for it anymore either. It is a lot of time and money spent on false accomplishments. I still like Madden 07 (last one on PC) and BloodBowl because of the team building aspect in both games (appeals to the engineer in me). Both are dinosaurs by todays standards, but I don't really care. A good game is like a great song-- they never get old.

Other than that, books, guitars, and working on the house are a much more practical use of my time than TV or video games. Being a dad is pretty awesome too (and time consuming).
The last part... I wholeheartedly agree with the last part.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:21 AM   #19
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter
 
NJarhead's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,451
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1932
Thanks: 1,791
Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired
Default Re: Ravens-Steelers Game Bigger Than Blood

So, Mike & MIke on ESPN Radio were there this morning. Had Flacco and Ben on.

Anyone go see this?


Also, what is today's "winning word?" I seem to have missed it Dammit!
__________________
"Roughing the Brady - 15 yard penalty: Automatic first down."
NJarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #20
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter
 
NJarhead's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,451
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1932
Thanks: 1,791
Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired
Default Re: Ravens-Steelers Game Bigger Than Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarDen86 View Post
So, Mike & MIke on ESPN Radio were there this morning. Had Flacco and Ben on.

Anyone go see this?


Also, what is today's "winning word?" I seem to have missed it Dammit!

Never mind, they announced it.

Ray the knife is on now. Got boo'd big time.
__________________
"Roughing the Brady - 15 yard penalty: Automatic first down."
NJarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts