Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 10-18-2013, 05:18 PM   #21
CNEW
Starter

Member Number: 25021
Default Re: Swap Woodley for Clowney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Pidasso View Post
While I admit Clowney is a good player with lots of potential, what he did by quitting on his team tells me he is NOT Steeler material. Team first.
Bullshit. Clowney didn't quit on his team.
CNEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #22
CNEW
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
What the heck is the obsession with Jadaveon Clowney? The guy is a quitter, plain and simple. Taking it easy so you can save yourself for Pro Football is weak as hell. He should be riding the pine. I played DE/DT in High School football. I distinctly remember our starting LG taking it easy against me one day during practice when I was playing some DT in our 4-3 and I was getting in our QB's face every play. The coaches apparently noticed his half ass effort and while we were waiting for the offense to get out of the huddle, apparently the coach was in his ear chewing his ass unbeknownst to me. The next play he picked me up off the ground by my shoulder pads, planted my ass in the dirt and sat on me. Then when I tried to get up he kept pushing me down, even after the whistle.

He ended up running trees for the after the whistle stuff but I loved his reaction. That's the kind of mean and nasty attitude you need out of a lineman and if I was able to draw that out of him then so be it. Jadaveon Clowney has demonstrated that he's focused on his Pro Career, his college teammates be damned. Not the type of guy I want on my football team. The way everyone talks about him it's as if he's a solid lock to go in the 1st Round. He's playing himself right out of it, and all this talk because of one tackle he made against that Michigan player in a bowl game. It's ridiculous.

I'm sorry but you're a moron. You're so off base it's not even funny.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #23
CNEW
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
Clowney is over rated to me as well @Bayz101. The only play I've ever seen him make is that one from last year, other than that, he's been just average.
Probably because that's the only play you've ever seen him play. Our you just don't know shit about football, which could be true either way.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:26 PM   #24
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNEW View Post
Probably because that's the only play you've ever seen him play. Our you just don't know shit about football, which could be true either way.
Who are you, his Dad?

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 43Hitman For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (12-27-2013), pczach (10-18-2013)
Old 10-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #25
CNEW
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
Who are you, his Dad?
Good one
Old 10-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #26
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Good one
Thanks, I'll be here all week.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 43Hitman For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (12-27-2013)
Old 10-18-2013, 07:06 PM   #27
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 8,605 Times in 3,413 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
I'm sorry but you're a moron. You're so off base it's not even funny.
Why is it that your opinion is supposed to mean something to us, but anyone else that just tells us what they feel is a moron?

We all have opinions, but instead of insulting other posters, explain to all of us if you have inside information about the program, so we could put your points into proper context. You're not giving any facts, you're just barking at people.

I follow Penn St. football, so I sometimes know a little more about some players than others might, because I talk to people who are boosters or people that are involved with the program. Are you very close to the situation at S. Carolina? Give us some insight.
pczach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pczach For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (12-27-2013)
Old 10-18-2013, 07:09 PM   #28
IowaSteeler927
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 2,715 Times in 1,215 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
One good season last year... what has he done this year? Tell me... tell us because I'm sure I'm not the only one that'd like to know. What are you like 12 years old? Your argument is equivalent to "Nuh uh he is good" with absolutely no factual or statistical basis behind it. Fact of the matter is that Clowney is living up to his namesake. He's a clown. An overrated, self centered, lazy clown. I'll have that opinion until he proves otherwise. You on the other hand are the one that seems to have a complete and total lack of knowledge. Calling me a moron? I'm not stooping to that level of childish behavior. You're making yourself look bad so I don't have to work so hard at it. Why are you so butthurt anyways? Are you a Gamecock homer? His cousin? Or what?

You don't replace the likes of an Brett Keisel... or even a LaMarr Woodley with the likes of Jadeveon Halfass Clowning. The Steelers have always prided themselves on the kinds of guys that are leaders in the locker room. Guys that bust their asses. You don't replace guys like that with dirtbags who take off plays at the expense of others. He'd be a better fit with the Bungles.

Last edited by IowaSteeler927; 10-18-2013 at 07:25 PM.
IowaSteeler927 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #29
CNEW
Starter

Like I said, if you actually watch him play, you would know he's a stud. Teams are doing everything they can to make sure he doesn't beat them single handedly, because he's very capable of doing so. Getting double teamed every pass play with a back to chip on him will make it difficult for anyone to dominate statistically. For example, against Arkansas, he literally pushed a triple team into the backfield on a run play, blowing the play up.

Watch the Tennessee game tomorrow at noon, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. All y'all did was see the highlights from the UNC game where he looked (and was) gassed and formed an uneducated opinion of him. Couple that with the extreme hype he had with The Hit and you think he doesn't give a shit about his team. You're wrong, I'm sorry there just isn't any other way to put it.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #30
CNEW
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
One good season last year... what has he done this year? Tell me... tell us because I'm sure I'm not the only one that'd like to know. What are you like 12 years old? Your argument is equivalent to "Nuh uh he is good" with absolutely no factual or statistical basis behind it. Fact of the matter is that Clowney is living up to his namesake. He's a clown. An overrated, self centered, lazy clown. I'll have that opinion until he proves otherwise. You on the other hand are the one that seems to have a complete and total lack of knowledge. Calling me a moron? I'm not stooping to that level of childish behavior. You're making yourself look bad so I don't have to work so hard at it. Why are you so butthurt anyways? Are you a Gamecock homer? His cousin? Or what?

You don't replace the likes of an Brett Keisel... or even a LaMarr Woodley with the likes of Jadeveon Halfass Clowning. The Steelers have always prided themselves on the kinds of guys that are leaders in the locker room. Guys that bust their asses. You don't replace guys like that with dirtbags who take off plays at the expense of others. He'd be a better fit with the Bungles.
Again, youre a moron. Do your own research, I'm not doing it for you. I went to school there, I know plenty of football players (not him personally tho), all they do is talk highly of him as a teammate. You seriously don't know what you're taking about.