Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 09-02-2006, 09:42 PM   #31
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: We need to get Najeh Davenport now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelknife View Post
I don't see how someone can claim to know football in one breath and say Duce Staley is a better option than Najeh Davenport in the other.
Well, if you are referring to me (quotes work wonders), I stated I do not want Davenport on this roster nor do I see the Steelers picking up Davenport. Nevermind the character issues, the guy hasn't exactly been the poster child of healthy backs either. In my opinion I have no problem going with what we have right now and drafting a back next season. Maybe I'm not as paranoid as some when it comes to our running game?

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 09-02-2006 at 09:46 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 09:46 PM   #32
Steelknife
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2923

Not you, just in general. I don't see how Staley has any supporters left outside of the fact he wears a Steeler jersey. I'll support him because of that, but not because of anything he's shown.
Steelknife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:07 PM   #33
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
(INSERT NAME HERE) is available. Let's sign him!!!

After picking up Cobbs, keeping Staley and the praise Cowher gives Haynes every time his name is brought up during local interviews is reason enough for me to believe that we are not going to go out and sign another HB. On top of that, the cutting of the "Almighty" Kuhn and Humes.
The real head scratcher is making a move for an undersize rookie running back who's going to be starting off on square one at the start of the season picking up a new offense.
I'm not sold on Haynes........he has an injury "history" that could rear its ugly head.
Duce will be injured and or unproductive.

All potatos and no meat with this group of running backs.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:32 AM   #34
paw-n-maul-u
Banned

Member Number: 2942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightwriter07 View Post
lmaaoooooooooooooooooooooooo
agreed. Didn't davenpoop have some sort of incident with taking a dump in a girls closet ... I'm pretty sure anyways ...
paw-n-maul-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 11:45 AM   #35
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

People need to just sit back and relax. I trust the Steelers front office. I don't want Davenport. Sure he could be a powerback that we need. But I like this P. Cobbs kid. People doubted Willie Parker last year. All Willie Parker did was rush for 1200 yards and set a Super Bowl record in his first season as a starter. I know Cobbs is a Parker clone. But when Willie needs a break and some rest. We now can replace speed with speed. Plus from what I have heard and read. This Cobbs kid can catch the pigskin.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:20 PM   #36
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
i think we all just need to get over the power run game.....and get used to the fact that we are changing just like everyone else. speed is about to take over the nfl completely. and you can see that with the direction the steelers are heading in

Thank You, the voice of reason!

Besides even out of shape Staley should be good for three or four one yard carries a game. Hell I know he makes enough cash for that! Its the least he could do!!!!!!!!11
Old 09-04-2006, 09:59 PM   #37
jaysta
Starter

Member Number: 1495

Quote:
It is not just speed... it is not just having a Power back either.. i think you need both.
I would love to have davenport on this team, just as i would have loved to have Duckett... and we did go after Duckett so i dont think out philosophy has changed as far as what we want to do and i dont care what other NFL teams are doing.. we went 15-1 and then won the SuperBowl with having a power running game while other teams didnt do so well.... so maybe we are the ones doing it right as we have been. Look what happened when we tried to "changed" a few years back and do what other NFL teams were doing. I like it how we do it and have been doing it until that proves to be disasterous.
This logic makes alot of sense MW and I hope that the Steelers will use this same thinking. I too remember when we tried to go with the style of play that the other team's used and we didn't see many post season games. I'm not sure if Davenport's the answer just because of his past record (7 TD's and barely 1,000 yds in 4 years with the NFL). Yeah he was Green's backup most of that time and hurt some, so maybe it's just getting into the right system. It comes down to money as well as player's ability too don't forget, so that's why a guy like Kuhn had an edge in my opinion. We'll see!
jaysta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:11 PM   #38
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

I've got a wacky idea,.....let's win another World Title with Willie rushing for 1500 yard's. And then move up in the first round and take Michael Bush. How's that sound ?LOL

"Hail Caesar,......Hail the Black and Gold"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:25 PM   #39
Midnightwriter07
Starter

Member Number: 2305

will Bush even be in the NFl draft ?? I think he still has another year left he can play
Midnightwriter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:44 PM   #40
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
will Bush even be in the NFl draft ?? I think he still has another year left he can play

This was supposed to be his senior year Knight. I'm with you on the dual threat backfield. I think this kid would be a monstrous compliment to Parker.

"Hail Caesar,......Hail the Black and Gold"

Last edited by SteelCzar76; 09-04-2006 at 10:50 PM.
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote