Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2013, 05:37 AM   #101
steelersfan77
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: eastern US
Posts: 357
Gender: Male
Member Number: 10585
Thanks: 150
Thanked 252 Times in 137 Posts
My Mood: Busy
Default Re: Jarvis Jones benched in favor of Worilds

The problem isn't Jarvis Jones, its Jason Worilds. If he would've developed into a special dominant player the steelers wouldn't have needed to spend a pick on a linebacker in the first round. Now the question looms how is it possible one linebacker who's been bad for so long can take the position of another linebacker who was meant to take his spot?

What about the demotion of Hood for Heyward? First round bust for another first rounder.

The fact Gay is even on this team, again, is a testament to the steelers lack of finding talent in the draft to create depth. So you bring back a guy you released and he takes away a spot.

Draft a first round left tackle this upcoming draft to protect big Ben? Missed on 2nd round tackles much? There were fans wanting Max back it got so bad.

Terrible drafting and developing here lately.
steelersfan77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:27 AM   #102
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter
 
GBMelBlount's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Western PA
Posts: 6,203
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5140
Thanks: 1,138
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts
Default Re: Jarvis Jones benched in favor of Worilds

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan77 View Post

Terrible drafting and developing here lately.
Good coaches can make an average group of players an above average team.

So I'd say you're right on both parts.
__________________
If I could be like that,
what would I do,
What would I do..."

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #103
Cyphon
Head Coach
 

Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,525
Member Number: 24613
Thanks: 609
Thanked 1,254 Times in 666 Posts
Default Re: Jarvis Jones benched in favor of Worilds

My biggest concern is what this does to Jones's confidence. He comes in and plays well and ears the number 1 spot. He gets a concussion and has 1 bad game and suddenly he is benched. I don't know how mentally tough our players are but this just can't be good for the psyche. It basically plants in your mind that you have to play perfect football or you might not have a job. That is way too much pressure, especially on a rookie.

Tomlin did the same things with the RB's and I put a lot of responsibility bascially on him breaking them. Redman went from one of the toughest runners in the league to running slow and scared. Dwyer ended up getting cut. Granted, he did come back with some fire but the benching and unbenching him obviously didn't help given that he was cut in the first place.

Tomlin needs to get better at how he handles players. He is very inconcistent as well. Adams and Hood got 4 or so bad games before they were benched. RB's get 1 or 2 plays before they are benched and LB's apparently get 1 game.
Cyphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #104
Fire Haley
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 10,359
Member Number: 763
Thanks: 53
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Jarvis Jones benched in favor of Worilds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
I want to start calling Killer by his even older name: revefsreleets.
I think that was another of Vis's alter egos

You want me to ask him? He still hates you too, "over-moderating jerks", I think is how he put it.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #105
Terminator
Team Captain
 
Terminator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 874
Member Number: 24492
Thanks: 421
Thanked 641 Times in 245 Posts
Default Re: Jarvis Jones benched in favor of Worilds

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little shit? Ill have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and Ive been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and Im the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. Youre fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and thats just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little clever comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldnt, you didnt, and now youre paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. Youre fucking dead, kiddo.
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #106
jb500ex
Banned
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 325
Member Number: 24020
Thanks: 15
Thanked 50 Times in 39 Posts
Default Re: Jarvis Jones benched in favor of Worilds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyphon View Post
My biggest concern is what this does to Jones's confidence. He comes in and plays well and ears the number 1 spot. He gets a concussion and has 1 bad game and suddenly he is benched. I don't know how mentally tough our players are but this just can't be good for the psyche. It basically plants in your mind that you have to play perfect football or you might not have a job. That is way too much pressure, especially on a rookie.

Tomlin did the same things with the RB's and I put a lot of responsibility bascially on him breaking them. Redman went from one of the toughest runners in the league to running slow and scared. Dwyer ended up getting cut. Granted, he did come back with some fire but the benching and unbenching him obviously didn't help given that he was cut in the first place.

Tomlin needs to get better at how he handles players. He is very inconcistent as well. Adams and Hood got 4 or so bad games before they were benched. RB's get 1 or 2 plays before they are benched and LB's apparently get 1 game.
So jones had one bad game lmao yep that's it
jb500ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:01 PM   #107
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter
 
SteelersCanada's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7,558
Member Number: 24400
Thanks: 5,611
Thanked 10,011 Times in 4,258 Posts
Default Re: Jarvis Jones benched in favor of Worilds

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb500ex View Post
So jones had one bad game lmao yep that's it
So you don't like Timmons or Jones?

SteelersCanada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #108
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,257
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,905
Thanked 8,198 Times in 3,492 Posts
Default Re: Jarvis Jones benched in favor of Worilds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
I want to start calling Killer by his even older name: revefsreleets.


thats just wrong. i may have said some mean things, but even i would never stoop that low...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Haley View Post
I think that was another of Suitanim's alter egos

.
*fixed
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #109
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,257
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,905
Thanked 8,198 Times in 3,492 Posts
Default Re: Jarvis Jones benched in favor of Worilds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little shit? Ill have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and Ive been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and Im the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. Youre fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and thats just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little clever comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldnt, you didnt, and now youre paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. Youre fucking dead, kiddo.




__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #110
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Potataho
Posts: 14,156
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,668
Thanked 4,967 Times in 1,848 Posts
Default Re: Jarvis Jones benched in favor of Worilds

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post




Sad thing is I know where that place is at.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts