Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 11-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #1
JonM229
Living Legend

Member Number: 24803
Thanked 7,541 Times in 2,623 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default No Timetable For Return of Dolphins' OT Jonathan Martin

Report: Dolphins Set No Timetable for OL Martin's Return

Quote:
Miami offensive tackle Jonathan Martin left the Dolphins team facilities on Monday and hasn't returned, and now the team is 'concerned' about past and future relationships between Martin and his teammates, according to the Miami Herald. Martin was referred to as "The Big Weirdo" by his teammates in 2012 and the Herald theorizes that could have upset him.

The second-year offensive tackle was on the Dolphins inactive list for Thursday's game against the Bengals. Before Thursday, Martin had started in all seven games the Dolphins had played this season.

Martin hasn't been with the team since an incident on Monday when he was the victim of a prank in the cafeteria. After the prank, Martin "flipped out, smashed a food tray on the ground, took off, and they haven't seen him since," according to FoxSports.com.

The Dolphins do want Martin back, though. Martin will be given a 'wide latitude in deciding when he wants to return to the team,' according to the Herald. The Dolphins have not set a date for Martin's return.

The Dolphins already have one of the worst offensive lines in football -- quarterback Ryan Tannehill had been sacked a league-high 32 times going into Thursday's game -- so getting things fixed with Martin should probably be high on the team's priority list.
From what I've read at other sources, when Martin sat down to eat lunch, everyone seated at the table got up and moved. Isn't it incredibly important for an O-Line to have chemistry? No wonder the Dolphins continually allow the most sacks in the league (pretty sure they lead last year as well). Plus, you know the Dolphins are screwed if they had to sign McKinnie.

"I don't know about you Joe, but I would say that qualifies as elite." -Barack Obama
JonM229 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #2
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 10,402 Times in 4,387 Posts
Default Re: No Timetable For Return of Dolphins' OT Jonathan Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM229 View Post
From what I've read at other sources, when Martin sat down to eat lunch, everyone seated at the table got up and moved. Isn't it incredibly important for an O-Line to have chemistry? No wonder the Dolphins continually allow the most sacks in the league (pretty sure they lead last year as well). Plus, you know the Dolphins are screwed if they had to sign McKinnie.
I mean, they say it was a prank. I wouldn't prank the guy that just had his team try and upgrade at his position with another Tackle though.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
JonM229
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
I mean, they say it was a prank. I wouldn't prank the guy that just had his team try and upgrade at his position with another Tackle though.
Apparently, he's been given a hard time for the past year and a half. He may have just reached his limit for his teammates' bullshit.

"I don't know about you Joe, but I would say that qualifies as elite." -Barack Obama
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JonM229 For This Useful Post:
Bane (11-04-2013), SteelersCanada (11-01-2013)
Old 11-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #4
IowaSteeler927
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 2,720 Times in 1,215 Posts
My Mood: Tired

No surprising to me at all that the Dolphins organization continues to be a circus sideshow of stupidity.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #5
GodfatherofSoul
Head Coach
Supporter

Spellbound Champion! Add Like Mad Champion! Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion! X-Training Champion! Snow Blitz Champion! Commando Champion!
Member Number: 14842
Thanked 2,034 Times in 985 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM229 View Post
Apparently, he's been given a hard time for the past year and a half. He may have just reached his limit for his teammates' bullshit.
I've only seen a bit of Hard Knocks, but I thought that stuff was supposed to be finished after rookie year?
Old 11-02-2013, 06:31 AM   #6
IowaSteeler927
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 2,720 Times in 1,215 Posts
My Mood: Tired

He apparently sent a text to Richie Incognito saying that he didn't blame them at all. The whole situation is just strange. He also said the locker room just got to him a little. Must be some a-holes that won't leave him alone or something... either way you gotta man up and deal with those kinds of things. Seems to me like he's running away from a problem. If I was him I'd confront the jerkoffs and tell them exactly what I thought. I don't know if it's bullying but a lot of bullies back off when the people they're fucking with don't just lay down and take it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...to-im-good-man
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #7
Bane
Head Coach

Member Number: 24775
Thanked 3,111 Times in 1,261 Posts

This shit is getting crazy:

Quote:
Reports: Incognito left racial slur, death threat on Martin’s voicemail
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 4, 2013, 12:40 PM EST

As more details emerge of the situation in Miami that caused Dolphins offensive lineman Jonathan Martin to leave the team and caused the Dolphins to suspend Richie Incognito, it’s sounding more and more like Incognito’s mistreatment of Martin went far beyond normal locker room hazing.

According to two reports, officials with both the Dolphins and the NFL have seen and heard communications that Incognito sent to Martin’s phone, on which Incognito calls Martin a racial slur and threatens to kill him.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that in April of 2013, Incognito left a voicemail for Martin saying, “Hey, wassup, you half n—– piece of [expletive] . . . I saw you on Twitter, you been training ten weeks. [I want to] [expletive] in your [expletive] mouth. [I'm going to] slap your [expletive] mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face (laughter). [Expletive] you, you’re still a rookie. I’ll kill you.”

Jason La Canfora of CBS reports that Incognito also used the “half-n—–” epithet in a text message to Martin, and that Incognito sent Martin texts in which he made reference to tracking down members of Martin’s family and harming them. La Canfora reports that Martin was worried that Incognito wasn’t just talking trash and might actually be planning to harm Martin or his family.

Although Incognito wrote on Twitter on Sunday morning that he wanted his name cleared, he has not publicly explained his communications with Martin. Both the NFL and the Dolphins are investigating the matter, and the NFL Players Association is investigating whether the Dolphins’ locker room became a hostile work environment for Martin.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ins-voicemail/

What a scumbag. If this is true, Richie needs to be banned from the league. And if the rest of the OLine is involved as well, they deserve some sort of punishment.

Between this and Mike Pouncey being subpoenaed, the Dolphins have a lot of re-evaluating to do in the near future.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #8
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,964 Times in 3,515 Posts

Incidents like this are a reminder that some of these guys would lose a battle of wits against gravel - how moronic do you have to be to leave voicemail like that?
Old 11-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #9
JonM229
Living Legend

This is only ok if Incognito knows half-n--s.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #10
GodfatherofSoul
Head Coach
Supporter

Spellbound Champion! Add Like Mad Champion! Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion! X-Training Champion! Snow Blitz Champion! Commando Champion!
Member Number: 14842
Thanked 2,034 Times in 985 Posts

Holy crap! Well, I think this addresses my "how does a 300lb lineman get bullied?" question... Geez, how is it possible to display that much arbitrary hatred to another human being?
JonM229 (11-04-2013)