Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 11-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #31
NoFieldFive
Starter

Member Number: 10965
Default Re: No DeCastro for Sunday

with DeCastro out who was the tight end we brought in to replace him?
NoFieldFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #32
pczach
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24694
Thanked 9,931 Times in 3,842 Posts
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
You might be giving DeCastro more hype than he deserves....i still have not seen a guy that can make a big difference on his own.

He is getting better.
Some don't think so...

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/10...-among-guards/

Being ranked as the third highest rated guard in football, and appearing to get ready to take over second isn't hype.

I know he can't block an opposing defense by himself. I'm saying that he is a difference maker who is already making an impact on the field. He is moving people at the line of scrimmage. He can lead the OL by example, and he has been bringing it every week since the first game of the year.
pczach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pczach For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-02-2013)
Old 11-03-2013, 01:05 AM   #33
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 14,946 Times in 6,131 Posts
My Mood: Happy

DeCastro out; Foster, Whimper probable

Posted Nov 1, 2013
By Mike Prisuta

The status of the Steelers’ offensive line is beginning to come more clearly into focus. What will be required of the Steelers’ offense in New England has been obvious all along.

“At the end of the day, we’ve got to bring our ‘A’ game,” wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders said. “We’ve got to put up points on these guys because we know that with No. 12 at quarterback they can put up points in any amount of time. Once we get in the red zone we’ve got to execute and we’ve got to score touchdowns.”

Quarterback Tom Brady – the No. 12 referenced by Sanders – and the Patriots were held in check throughout a 13-6 loss on Oct. 6 at Cincinnati. Since then New England has scored 84 points in three games (an average of 28.0 per).

No wonder even Steelers offensive players such as Sanders have referenced Brady this week.

“You play against Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, any of these teams passing the ball and putting up 40 points a game, you gotta recognize it,” Sanders said. “No disrespect to our defense, these guys are averaging 30 or 40 points a game so we gotta bring our ‘A’ game.

“We gotta put it up points.”

Starting left guard Ramon Foster (concussion) is optimistic about being available to start at New England.

“Little bit better today,” Foster said. “I practiced all of today. (Saturday) I’ll take one more (test) and see what the docs say. I think I’ll be pretty sharp.”

Starting right guard David DeCastro (ankle) didn’t practice today, the third straight day of preparation he’s missed, and he has been ruled out of the game against the Patriots. Reserve offensive lineman Guy Whimper (knee) was a full practice participant and anticipates starting in DeCastro’s spot.

“They haven’t told me that yet,” Whimper said. “I’m taking the approach like I am. I’m a whole lot more confident playing guard this week. If they need me there I’ll be ready.

“I’m willing and more than capable of coming in and helping this line out.”

The official status report for Sunday’s game at New England reads as follows:

WR Markus Wheaton (finger), CB Curtis Brown (not injury related), David DeCastro (ankle) are out; G Ramon Foster (concussion), NT Steve McLendon (illness), TE Heath Miller (not injury related), QB Ben Roethlisberger (not injury related), ILB Lawrence Timmons (hand), G Guy Whimper (knee) all are probable.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...e-a8ecec5e76c8