Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #361
synchxts
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 148
Member Number: 25100
Thanks: 12
Thanked 43 Times in 27 Posts
Default Re: Draft. What's our biggest need?

I agree with those who said we need a CB. Ia lso think a real playmaking WR opposite Brown would be good too. And I am talking about a true number 1, not a flash-in-the-pan mid to late round pick. Fitz, Calvin, A.J., Dez, Demaryius...they were all first round picks.

I just do not know what is up with our offensive line. It is very inconsistent, but that could just be because no one can stay healthy. I'd hate to spend another first round pick on an offensive lineman.
synchxts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to synchxts For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (12-16-2013)
Old 12-16-2013, 10:59 PM   #362
DanRooney
Banned
 
DanRooney's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Portsmouth, VA
Posts: 1,893
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16248
Thanks: 2
Thanked 164 Times in 114 Posts
Default Re: Draft. What's our biggest need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchxts View Post
I agree with those who said we need a CB. Ia lso think a real playmaking WR opposite Brown would be good too. And I am talking about a true number 1, not a flash-in-the-pan mid to late round pick. Fitz, Calvin, A.J., Dez, Demaryius...they were all first round picks.

I just do not know what is up with our offensive line. It is very inconsistent, but that could just be because no one can stay healthy. I'd hate to spend another first round pick on an offensive lineman.
Same I'm honestly tired of them spending 1st round picks on OL/DL. We need an impact player and I think that's what we tried to get with Jarvis Jones. Unfortunately he hasn't panned out yet but I think he'll have more success with a season under his belt.

Clinton-Dix or Watkins/Evans.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:05 PM   #363
Sharkissle29
Team President
 
Sharkissle29's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 2,192
Gender: Male
Member Number: 910
Thanks: 228
Thanked 170 Times in 103 Posts
Default Re: Draft. What's our biggest need?

1st - Clinton-Dix
2nd - Bradley Roby
3rd - Telvin Smith (Spence 2.0)

This would be my dream draft.
__________________
Sharkissle29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:08 PM   #364
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter
 
teegre's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 16,202
Member Number: 24108
Thanks: 24,025
Thanked 25,440 Times in 10,323 Posts
My Mood: Dead
Default Re: Draft. What's our biggest need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
Clinton-Dix is probably my favorite choice in the draft at our current spot. If we win the next couple of games I'd have him a lock for our first round pick if Watkins or Barr doesn't fall.

I wouldn't mind taking a dip in FA either but I think our cap situation would hinder us bringing in any quality safeties (Jarius Byrd).
Not a bad pick. I'm in the Nix (NT) camp, but I wouldn't "complain" about a DB.

That said, my guy is Deone Bucannon. Have you seen the kid play? Phenomenal.
teegre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #365
Sharkissle29
Team President
 
Sharkissle29's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Naperville, IL
Posts: 2,192
Gender: Male
Member Number: 910
Thanks: 228
Thanked 170 Times in 103 Posts
Default Re: Draft. What's our biggest need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkissle29 View Post
1st - Clinton-Dix
2nd - Bradley Roby
3rd - Telvin Smith (Spence 2.0)

This would be my dream draft.
Forgot we don't have a 3rd round pick this year. No way he lasts to comp. picks.
__________________
Sharkissle29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:27 AM   #366
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair GM
Supporter
 
Hawaii 5-0's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Aloha State
Posts: 10,794
Gender: Male
Member Number: 24013
Thanks: 11,460
Thanked 14,540 Times in 5,961 Posts
My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Draft. What's our biggest need?

Round 1 (12) Pittsburgh Steelers: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson

The Steelers will never pass up the opportunity to grab a great offensive play-maker if one is available to them. This draft class is top-heavy at receiver, so with Jake Matthews off the board, Pittsburgh can go with the best player available, and that would be Sammy Watkins. Pittsburgh lost its deep threat this past offseason when the overrated Mike Wallace took the money and ran to Miami. Watkins would assume that role.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php
__________________
Hawaii 5-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hawaii 5-0 For This Useful Post:
Steelstoned1972 (12-19-2013)
Old 12-19-2013, 01:17 AM   #367
BLACK_AND_YELLOW
Team President
 
BLACK_AND_YELLOW's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,328
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18312
Thanks: 1,080
Thanked 3,299 Times in 1,424 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Draft. What's our biggest need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
Round 1 (12) Pittsburgh Steelers: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson

The Steelers will never pass up the opportunity to grab a great offensive play-maker if one is available to them. This draft class is top-heavy at receiver, so with Jake Matthews off the board, Pittsburgh can go with the best player available, and that would be Sammy Watkins. Pittsburgh lost its deep threat this past offseason when the overrated Mike Wallace took the money and ran to Miami. Watkins would assume that role.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014.php
I know they are a lot of Mike Evans fans because he's 6"5' and COULD help our red zone issues but Watkins is a true playmaker. One miss tackle and he's gone. He's got great hands, amazing speed, unbelievable quickness, fantastic at YAC and has crisp route running. Him and Brown would give defenses a lot of problems.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BLACK_AND_YELLOW For This Useful Post:
CNEW (12-19-2013), Hawaii 5-0 (12-19-2013)
Old 12-19-2013, 09:25 AM   #368
HeinzMustard
Starter
 
HeinzMustard's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Virginia
Posts: 625
Gender: Male
Member Number: 25428
Thanks: 437
Thanked 768 Times in 393 Posts
My Mood: Cynical
Default Re: Draft. What's our biggest need?

The more I ponder over the 2014 draft... the more I'm leaning to BPA. If it's a WR or OT.... then so be it. We can get a serviceable corner, NT and safety in rounds 2,3 and 4.
HeinzMustard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HeinzMustard For This Useful Post:
Hawaii 5-0 (12-19-2013)
Old 12-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #369
MDSteel15
Team President
 
MDSteel15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Like a nomad, I live where I park at night...
Posts: 2,286
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8170
Thanks: 1,058
Thanked 333 Times in 222 Posts
My Mood: Blah
Default Re: Draft. What's our biggest need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
An interesting question to ya though since I'm sort of on the fence about it: wouldn't Butler be a rehash of LeBeau since he's been working under him for so long? Wouldn't it be essentially the same scheme and thus have the same issues?
They aren't beating LeBeau's schemes they are beating the players that are missing assignments.
__________________
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #370
CNEW
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 716
Member Number: 25021
Thanks: 400
Thanked 1,015 Times in 470 Posts
Default Re: Draft. What's our biggest need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK_AND_YELLOW View Post
I know they are a lot of Mike Evans fans because he's 6"5' and COULD help our red zone issues but Watkins is a true playmaker. One miss tackle and he's gone. He's got great hands, amazing speed, unbelievable quickness, fantastic at YAC and has crisp route running. Him and Brown would give defenses a lot of problems.

Yes, please. Even though I'm a Gamecock fan, I would LOVE to have this dude in the black and gold.
CNEW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CNEW For This Useful Post:
BLACK_AND_YELLOW (12-19-2013)
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts