Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-02-2014, 10:44 PM   #511
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Draft. What's our biggest need?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
Just thinking, but if Evans is on the board when we pick in the 1st, if we pass on him the Ravens might pick him up. They probably realized this year that counting on Flacco and pass interference isn't going to get them where they want to go.
I do NOT want to see Flaccid with Evans. Evans is the epitome of receivers who adjust to the catch and make a catch anywhere no matter how bad the throw is. No doubt they'd have another SB run with Flaccid just chucking wounded ducks in the air and Evans leaping over everyone and hauling them in.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PhantomJB93 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-02-2014)
Old 01-03-2014, 12:16 AM   #512
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,509 Times in 4,052 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Steelers 2014 Draft Needs: Offense

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/01...needs-offense/
Old 01-03-2014, 03:11 AM   #513
Black Gold
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 25445

Sorry to repeat 5-0 your link didn't work....

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/01...needs-offense/
Hawaii 5-0 (01-03-2014)
Old 01-03-2014, 07:36 AM   #514
emarines
Team Captain

Member Number: 25461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii 5-0 View Post
Jared Abbrederis*, WR, Wisconsin
C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa
Damien Williams, RB, Oklahoma

these are all projected mid to late rd picks (for now), that will allow the steelers to go defense in rd 1 & 2!
emarines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:47 AM   #515
Steel_Bus_24
Team President

Member Number: 2886

Either one of Evans or Watkins would be absolutely lethal next to Antonio brown with Big Ben at quarterback.

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steel_Bus_24 For This Useful Post:
PhantomJB93 (01-03-2014)
Old 01-03-2014, 11:28 AM   #516
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497

Steelers draft watch: WR Allen Robinson
By Scott Brown | ESPN.com
http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-s...allen-robinson

PITTSBURGH -- A number of underclassmen who figure to be high picks have declared for the 2014 NFL draft, and one in particular should intrigue the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Allen Robinson needed just two seasons to rewrite the receiving part of Penn State’s record books, and there is a lot to like about him for a team that might make wide receiver a priority in the draft.

Robinson has been incredibly productive -- he caught 97 passes for 1,432 yards in 2013 despite playing with a true freshman at quarterback and regularly facing double coverage -- and has good size and ball skills. The 6-foot-3, 210-pounder is also athletic enough that he could have played basketball at a Division I school had he taken that route.

What should really put Robinson on the Steelers’ radar: he could be available when they make their second-round pick.

He has been projected to go anywhere from the first to the third round, and my guess is that Robinson is selected in the second round as I think questions could be raised about his speed -- or at least enough of them to drop him into the second round.

I think the only way the Steelers go offense with the 15th overall pick of the draft is if there is a left tackle prospect they feel they cannot afford to pass on, or if there is a transcendent wide receiver that gives quarterback Ben Roethlisberger the big downfield target he has long coveted.

Other than that, I think the Steelers take a playmaker on defense, whether it is for the back end of their secondary, their linebacking corps, or a nose tackle who fits the prototype more than incumbent Steve McLendon does.

Assuming they don’t take a wide receiver in the first round for the first time since Plaxico Burress in 2000, the Steelers could seriously be in play for one in the second round.

Emmanuel Sanders is, at best, 50-50 to return next season , and if he signs elsewhere the Steelers should bring in a taller wide receiver or give 6-foot-5, 210-pound Derek Moye a serious look there.

There is a lot to like about Robinson, who is already polished as a receiver, but doesn’t turn 21 until next August and still has plenty of upside.

General manager Kevin Colbert said the Steelers do extra homework on NFL prospects in their backyard, so they don’t miss on a player who is right in front of them. You can bet Colbert and the Steelers coaches and scouts will take plenty of interest in Robinson, as they should.
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SH-Rock For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-03-2014), Hawaii 5-0 (01-03-2014)
Old 01-03-2014, 06:55 PM   #517
Hawaii 5-0
Armchair QB
Supporter

Member Number: 24013
Thanked 9,509 Times in 4,052 Posts
My Mood: Cool

46) Pittsburgh Steelers: Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State

In 2013, Robinson recorded 97 receptions for 1,432 yards and six touchdowns. The junior demonstrated nice quickness to get separation and run-after-the catch ability. He had many prolific games, including contests against Ohio State (12-173), Illinois (11-165) and Indiana (12-173). Robinson could be on the bubble between the first and second day of the 2014 NFL Draft. How well he runs at the Combine and his pro day will have a big impact on his draft stock.

The 6-foot-3, 204-pound Robinson was one of the bright spots of the 2012 season for Penn State. He excelled in the Nittany Lions' new pro-style offense. Robinson hauled in 77 passes for 1,018 yards and 11 touchdowns after barely playing in 2011.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014charlie_2.php
Old 01-03-2014, 07:19 PM   #518
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,138 Times in 3,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
I do NOT want to see Flaccid with Evans. Evans is the epitome of receivers who adjust to the catch and make a catch anywhere no matter how bad the throw is. No doubt they'd have another SB run with Flaccid just chucking wounded ducks in the air and Evans leaping over everyone and hauling them in.
Evans scares the hell out of me. He's big and physical, but he's also a head case and a selfish player. He has a "me first" attitude and it shows in his play. The personal fouls against Duke showed this clear as day - he's in it for himself. His ceiling and potential are right up there with Vincent Jackson, but he may also turn into Mike Williams, the 10th overall pick in '05 who never amounted to anything. Similar size, similar build and similar attitude.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
BLACK_AND_YELLOW (01-03-2014), harrison'samonster (01-03-2014), Hawaii 5-0 (01-03-2014)
Old 01-03-2014, 07:22 PM   #519
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,043 Times in 550 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersCanada View Post
Evans scares the hell out of me. He's big and physical, but he's also a head case and a selfish player. He has a "me first" attitude and it shows in his play. The personal fouls against Duke showed this clear as day - he's in it for himself. His ceiling and potential are right up there with Vincent Jackson, but he may also turn into Mike Williams, the 10th overall pick in '05 who never amounted to anything. Similar size, similar build and similar attitude.
Selfish receiver is a good receiver. And the chances he turns into Mike Williams is zero. Mike Williams was a mental case off the field, he had no business being a professional.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:24 PM   #520
SteelersCanada
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24400
Thanked 9,138 Times in 3,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Selfish receiver is a good receiver. And the chances he turns into Mike Williams is zero. Mike Williams was a mental case off the field, he had no business being a professional.
Selfish receivers aren't good receivers. Megatron, AJ and AB aren't selfish receivers. Evans struggles when pressed and gets frustrated easily which result in personal fouls game in and game out. We're not talking about a "get me the ball" kind of receiver, he's a "fuck you, if you're not passing it to me then why run routes?" a la Mike Williams and, more recently Mike Wallace.

I want to stay away from this guy.
SteelersCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteelersCanada For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (01-03-2014), Hawaii 5-0 (01-03-2014)