Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #1
Confounding Factor
Team Captain

Member Number: 25099
Default Veteran stars 'made younger players subsidize their luxury lifestyle and fund $30,000

Quote:
Veteran Dolphins players have been accused of forcing newer recruits to fund their lavish lifestyles including $30,000 dinners and trips to Las Vegas.

According to reports on ESPN and in the Miami Herald on Sunday, the alleged bank-rolling is behind Jonathon Martin's shock leave of absence from the team last week.

ESPN claims lineman Richie Incognito got Martin to contribute $15,000 to help finance a trip to Vegas last summer, even though he didn't attend. However, Incognito quickly disputed the report on Twitter.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2jdoUpjR0
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
And our rookies can't even play ping pong in the rec room. A 30K bill, wow.
Buddha Bus (11-04-2013), harrison'samonster (11-04-2013), JonM229 (11-04-2013)
Old 11-04-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts
Default Re: Veteran stars 'made younger players subsidize their luxury lifestyle and fund $30

Incognito, who has a history of thug behavior going back to Nebraska, has been suspended.

NBC's Football Night In America staffers Dan Patrick and Scott Pioli had an interesting exchange on the Martin story.

Pioli on Incognito: "If he's a leader in your locker room, that's a problem because he has a long history of issues going back to Nebraska when he was kicked out of school.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mor...r_a4&eref=sihp

For those wondering if players or relatives sometimes pay attention to what is on message boards, it appears Incognito's dad posted on a Dolphins fansite to defend his son - in addition to hassling younger players there appear to be racial issues as well with the Dolphins

Early this morning, a poster with the username "idrd1994" left an impassioned defense of Incognito on the FinHeaven message board. In it, he attacked both Martin and Mike Pouncey as "black brothers that do drugs on a regular basis," and asked readers to "pray [GM Jeff] Ireland and [coach Joe] Philbin die of AIDS." He blasts the team from top to bottom, claims Incognito is getting railroaded, and uses the "black people say the N-word in rap music" argument to dismiss claims that Incognito sent racial messages to Martin. ...

http://deadspin.com/is-richie-incogn...n-m-1457997230

Mike Wallace appears to have found a locker room worthy of his me first attitude

This presumably takes out the Dolphins for the season as the AFC East remains a safe harbor for the Pats
Buddha Bus (11-04-2013)
Old 11-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired
Default Re: Veteran stars 'made younger players subsidize their luxury lifestyle and fund $30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confounding Factor View Post
And our rookies can't even play ping pong in the rec room. A 30K bill, wow.

Old 11-04-2013, 03:58 PM   #4
JonM229
Living Legend

Member Number: 24803
Thanked 8,649 Times in 2,994 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Incognito, who has a history of thug behavior going back to Nebraska, has been suspended.

NBC's Football Night In America staffers Dan Patrick and Scott Pioli had an interesting exchange on the Martin story.

Pioli on Incognito: "If he's a leader in your locker room, that's a problem because he has a long history of issues going back to Nebraska when he was kicked out of school.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mor...r_a4&eref=sihp

For those wondering if players or relatives sometimes pay attention to what is on message boards, it appears Incognito's dad posted on a Dolphins fansite to defend his son - in addition to hassling younger players there appear to be racial issues as well with the Dolphins

Early this morning, a poster with the username "idrd1994" left an impassioned defense of Incognito on the FinHeaven message board. In it, he attacked both Martin and Mike Pouncey as "black brothers that do drugs on a regular basis," and asked readers to "pray [GM Jeff] Ireland and [coach Joe] Philbin die of AIDS." He blasts the team from top to bottom, claims Incognito is getting railroaded, and uses the "black people say the N-word in rap music" argument to dismiss claims that Incognito sent racial messages to Martin. ...

http://deadspin.com/is-richie-incogn...n-m-1457997230

Mike Wallace appears to have found a locker room worthy of his me first attitude

This presumably takes out the Dolphins for the season as the AFC East remains a safe harbor for the Pats
The Incognito family sounds like horrible people.

"I don't know about you Joe, but I would say that qualifies as elite." -Barack Obama
JonM229 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JonM229 For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (11-04-2013), Lady Steel (11-05-2013)
Old 11-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #5
jacobo
Team Captain

Member Number: 24766

yeah the money thing isnt important. incognito is a fucking piece of shit though, some of the shit he said.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #6
jacobo
Team Captain

Member Number: 24766

http://deadspin.com/its-worth-noting...hie-1458038757

wooooow
Old 11-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #7
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobo View Post
yeah the money thing isnt important. incognito is a fucking piece of shit though, some of the shit he said.
Actually the "money thing" is extremely important. It's called extortion and happens to be a felony. Incognito is possibly in some seriously deep shit.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:20 PM   #8
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,172 Times in 1,769 Posts

this happens to rookies on every team... they make them pay for dinner , supply snacks for the locker room, carry their pads....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #9
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
this happens to rookies on every team... they make them pay for dinner , supply snacks for the locker room, carry their pads....
$15,000 worth of Cheetos, Olive Garden, and manual labor? That's seems a little saucy to me.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #10
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 4,172 Times in 1,769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
$15,000 worth of Cheetos, Olive Garden, and manual labor? That's seems a little saucy to me.
Ex-NFL QB Gannon recalls scaled shakedown of rookies

Quote:
Former NFL quarterback Rich Gannon says reports of alleged financial hazing of Miami Dolphins rookies didn't surprise him -- he recalls an Oakland Raiders locker room in which veterans shook down rookies according to how high they were drafted.
"I almost got sick to my stomach at how bad it was," said Gannon, who signed with the Raiders as a free agent in 1999.
"I remember (punter) Shane Lechler and (kicker) Sebastian Janikowski coming to me saying, 'These veteran guys were making these (rookie) guys pay.' I didn't even know about this sub culture that existed: 'OK, you're a first round pick, you pay $10,000; OK, you're a second-round pick – you pay $7,500; you're a third-round pick, you pay this amount of money."
Gannon said he'd seen nothing unexpected in his first NFL stop in Minnesota. "I thought we had a pretty typical locker room, with the older, veteran guys back then, they didn't go out of their way to help the younger guys, they were worried about their jobs."
But in Oakland, the financial hazing of young players by the veterans was unchecked, said Gannon, who played 17 years in the league and is now a CBS analyst.
"They would have these guys go with them to these expensive restaurants in San Francisco and they would literally go in there and try and order the most expensive things off the menu," he said. "The veteran guys would order three entrees, they would order $1,200, $1,500 bottles of wine. They would order the most expensive bottles of champagne.
"Every guy at the table would order a bottle for himself, guys were ordering bottles to take home with them: 'Give me two of those bottles to go.' And they were running up these $30,000, $40,000 tabs at dinner and then have the rookies pay for it."
Because of what he saw, Gannon says, "I have a very strong take on bullying."
Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Jonathan Martin, a second-year offensive tackle out of Stanford, left the team last week and has not returned amid reports of bullying by veteran players on the team. On Sunday, the Dolphins suspended veteran guard Richie Incognito for conduct detrimental to the team.
"We believe in maintaining a culture of respect for one another and as a result we believe this decision is in the best interest of the organization at this time," the Dolphins said in a statement. "As we noted earlier, we reached out to the NFL to conduct an objective and thorough review. We will continue to work with the league on this matte

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote