Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 01:12 PM   #31
Steelknife
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2923
Default Re: STEELERS FUTURE IN JEOPARDY?

Quote:
Are you a Clowns fan in disguise or something? It seems like you think you could be better than both our coach and GM. Like I said before, if you really think that put down the XBox controller and go out and prove it. Until then, all you're doing is slandering a franchise that just won a Super Bowl. Get over yourself you jackass.

Like I said, take my bet.

If you can find one post where I said I know more/could do better than the FO, I'll leave these boards forever.

If you can't, you leave.

Anyway, even the most casual Steelers fans knows Cowher gets attached to some of his players. Its one of his faults. Hes a great coach, but hes not perfect. Morey was extremely replaceable on special teams. I bet you could count on one hand the number of good special teams plays Morey has made in his career here.

Whens the last time Morey put an Anthony Smith hit on someone, or was even in a position to?

Quote:
You're pretty damn dense. You don't know anything, but you still run your mouth like you think you do.
Kuhn - 18 carries 80 yards
Staley - 42 carries 92 yards

Against the same level of competition.

Behind the same O-line.

Whats your argument for Staley outperforming Kuhn in preseason? You can't just call people stupid for saying something and not refute it. So go ahead.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:16 PM   #32
Steelknife
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSteel View Post
Dude made one good stick and now he's some sort of hitting machine?
Thank you for proving that you didn't watch a single preseason game, or if you did you watched it so casually that you didn't notice the other 4 or 5 "good sticks" Smith had during the games.

He was the hardest hitter on the field during the preseason.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:17 PM   #33
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSteel View Post
My favorite part is that people who spend maybe 3-4 hours a week watching guys play in games think they know better than they guys who watch the players in mini-camp, training camp, and pre-season games and who get paid for their opinions about those players.

Jacobs and Kuhn got cut because they weren't good enough to play for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Please stop with the 2 quaterbacks is risky song and dance because we'll have a third quaterback on the practice squad. How dumb do you really think the FO is?
neither was johnny unitas......

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

Old 09-03-2006, 01:21 PM   #34
Steelknife
Draft Prospect

Duce isn't even going to be suiting up. Yet he's good enough to play for the Pittsburgh Steelers?

Don't get me wrong, people, I'll root for Duce as long as hes wearing black and gold (well, and grey, since thats the color of his sweat suit), but I'm kind of sick of seeing him sit and do nothing, and when the time comes to prove himself, he can't.

We're the Steelers. We don't need cheerleaders.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:57 PM   #35
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysta View Post
Let me see if I understand. I woke up this morning still thinking that the Steelers could repeat and continue to build for the future. Only to see that a major part of that future, Kuhn and Jacobs, were packing their bags as we were still sound a sleep dreaming of another handful of Super Bowl rings. Forget the fact that Jacobs threw the ball 462 times for 4,002 yards with only 4 interceptions and a passer rating that would blow your mind in only his sophomore year of college, this guy is big, strong, quick, and smart...and now he may be headed to someone else's team. In my opinion he could have easily been drafted around the same time as the top QB's this year.

As for Kuhn, what are the Steelers thinking? Help me to understand....we have an aging RB with bad knees (who I think was worth keeping only as a coach and mentor for the young guys) in the #3 spot, an unproven rookie from New England in the #4 spot, and Kuhn getting waived. Unless you slept through the pre-season games, this guy had great upside. Forget the fumble. Slap a little more pine tar on his forearms and make him carry a Crisco ball. That stuff can be fixed. He has young knees, incredible power, and speed pretty unmatched for his size. You say have faith in our Front Office for the Steelers future...with two of our best draft pickups gone, it's hard to have faith looking down the road. Someone please pinch me and wake me up now...for I hope this was just a bad dream.

Peace!

this is quit possibly the longest stupidest post i have ever read in my life. so you are basing our franchise off scrubs.....i guess every message board needs a weirdo that panics everytime garbage gets cut

i'm just glad you don't run an nfl team they'd go straight to shit, whatever jacobs accomplished in college doesn't mean jack shit when it comes to the nfl. he just doesn't have it. and he would never play cause or future is in big ben

kuhn is the most overrated scrub i have ever seen on this forum. get a clue mayne. you dumbing down the board with garbage like that.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:57 PM   #36
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

Kuhn will make the practice squad and be a 2nd or 3rd back next year.... :)
Old 09-03-2006, 02:02 PM   #37
Koopa
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post
So Tony... what your saying is.. is dont keep young players around and let them hone their skills? I guess the Titans should have never given McNair his time like they did or the Bungals shouldnt have given Palmer that one year to learn and hold the clip board right?
Kuhn or Jacobs should be picked up by someone because they are both worth the gamble in my opinion... and the way that Staley looked all preseason that Kuhn would have been a better fit right now.. and I'm afraid they will be sorry for not keeping a 3rd QB on the roster also that has experience in our offense.
God Bless Ya'll
Elvis
wtf are you talkin about????? you do know ben last year was the youngest to win the superbowl right??? that means he still has many many many many years left in him. we don't need jacobs, he's hot garbage. we can sign him to the pratice squad and bring him up when needed, why does everyone panic, be positive and stop execting the the worse out of everything

*this part is referring to another post*

i can't believe how ppl are comparing kuhn and parker, parker showed talent, kuhn showed jack shit.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:05 PM   #38
Koopa
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelknife View Post
Yes, Bill Cowher definitely knows talent. Exactly why Morey is still on the roster.

Oh, and Duce Staley couldn't do anything against the same lesser talent that Kuhn tore up.
wtf?? were you playing madden 07 with kuhn and think it was an actual game??? kuhn didn't do shit when it came to running the ball
Old 09-03-2006, 02:34 PM   #39
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelknife View Post
It is a FACT that in the preseason games, Kuhn outperformed Staley vs the same level of competition. That is a FACT. As for training camp and whatnot? Who knows. But I also believe Kuhn was injured on that hit Thursday night (he didn't play anymore snaps and he was slow getting up) and he got cut before any injury was revealed.
By that same logic Walter Young should have made the team before Holmes since he had 5 catches for 94 yds and an 18.8 yard average and Holmes had 7 catches for 54 yds and a 7.7 average....obviously the numbers are not the only determining factor...what they see in training camp...how does the player jell with other players...what is the future talent and "drive" expectation...lots of things that we never add into the eqaution
Old 09-03-2006, 02:46 PM   #40
jaysta
Starter

Member Number: 1495

Hey Koopa. Be glad you live in Texas far away from us real Steelers fans. Otherwise maybe you would have paid attention a little bit during the pre-season and to what these guys did in college. Without searching the internet you probably couldn't even name the school that Jacobs attended. Learn the game before you run your mouth at other people's threads.
Closed Thread