Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #121
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Default Re: Suh won't kill you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post

It's OK. He'll get over it. Lions fans are accustomed to being on the outside looking in.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-14-2013), IowaSteeler927 (11-14-2013), MACH1 (11-14-2013), pczach (11-14-2013), SkipBayless69 (11-14-2013)
Old 11-13-2013, 11:00 PM   #122
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Well that was an entertaining read...
Old 11-14-2013, 04:18 AM   #123
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Per the 2010 Census, the Detroit metropolitan area has 4,296,250 criminals.
Fixed!

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-14-2013), pczach (11-14-2013)
Old 11-14-2013, 05:51 AM   #124
IowaSteeler927
The Corn Shucking Hippie
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,688 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Suh is a model citizen!?!?!? BAHAHAHA!!!! That must have made Titus Young Mother Teresa!

↑↑↑↑ The only thing the Lions are good at.
IowaSteeler927 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IowaSteeler927 For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (11-14-2013), harrison'samonster (11-14-2013), Lokki (11-14-2013), pczach (11-14-2013), tony hipchest (11-14-2013)
Old 11-14-2013, 08:08 AM   #125
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Supporter

Member Number: 17947
Thanked 3,774 Times in 1,281 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Old 11-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #126
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,808 Times in 4,471 Posts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-to-be-careful

Quote:
Playing behind a spotty offensive line, Ben Roethlisberger knows Sunday's matchup with the defense of the Detroit Lions looms as an adventure.

"You've got to be careful," Roethlisberger said Wednesday on a call with reporters, per FoxSportsDetroit.com. "You'll end up dead if you're not careful."

Only Ryan Tannehill of the Miami Dolphins has been sacked more than Big Ben this season. We noted this week that Pittsburgh's play at tackle has been especially suspect, with Kelvin Beachum and Marcus Gilbert headlining an often collapsing pocket.

Detroit's defense actually ranks a surprising 29th in sacks, which speaks to the fact that the strength of the line comes from the inside where tackles Nick Fairley and Ndamukong Suh have clogged the middle on a weekly basis. Notified of Roethlisberger's comments, Suh chose to set the record straight:

"I'm not a killer," he said. "My track record proves that one or I'd be in jail. I guess I've got to take that (Big Ben's words) as somewhat of a compliment, or we have to. But, no, there's not going to be no killing on Sunday."

Very glad we cleared that up.
almost reads like an onion article...
Old 11-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #127
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

Somewhere, Megatron sits embarrassed by the jackass who started this thread.
Buddha Bus (11-14-2013), harrison'samonster (11-14-2013), SteelersCanada (11-14-2013)
Old 11-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #128
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,808 Times in 4,471 Posts

Ndamukong Suh mistakes hyperbole for...something else

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...ns-week-11-nfl

Quote:

Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh takes exception to comments made by Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, and confirms with media he will not, in fact, kill anyone, when the Steelers take on the Lions in Week 11.

It's a wonder if Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh took exception to the recent comments made by Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger due to his need to keep a squeaky clean image, or he just doesn't understand hyperbole.

Either way, it made for a great quote.

Roethlisberger, in a conference call with Detroit media earlier this week, said of the Lions defensive line, "Well, yeah, you've got to be careful. You'll end up dead if you're not careful."

To that, Suh responded defensively.

I'm not a killer," Suh said. "My track record proves that one. I guess I can take that somewhat as a compliment. But no, there's going to be no killing on Sunday."

Fortunately, Suh clarified the common thought held by many that he doesn't, in fact, end the lives of the opponents he plays against, any of the fans in attendance or anyone whom he happens to see walking down the street.

Thanks for clearing that up, Ndamukong.

The point I think Roethlisberger is making, though, is his own desire to hold onto the ball in an effort to extend plays will be difficult to do against such an aggressive and fast defensive line. The Lions have loads of talent among their front four, and even with 15 sacks on the year - one of only five teams with fewer sacks than the Steelers' 16 - they still get pressure and hits on quarterbacks frequently.

But Suh isn't a killer. Like Ludmilla Volbek-Drago says of her husband, "You call him a killer. He's a professional fighter, not a killer. We are getting death threats. We are not involved in politics. All I want is for my husband to be safe, and to be treated fairly."

classic
Old 11-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #129
Exgi20
Water Boy

Member Number: 25488

Hello Steeler Fans!!

I'm a lifelong Lions fans here. I always go to the next opponents forums to actually read up on the team the Lions are playing. I hardly ever post, but in this case I just had to say something. Plus a few of you really want to talk football and match ups.
First of all, we true Lions fans aren't trash talkers. Without any accollades to talk about since before Kennedy was President.. What can we talk trash about? However we do love our team. 40+ years here of this, alot of times painful, and sometimes exhilirating ride with the Leo's. The Chicago Cubs of the NFL.
We have alot of Steeler fans here also. It must have been great for you guys in Superbowl XL. Your team had home field advantadge here, and we celebrated with you and hometown boy, Jerome Bettis in your Super Bowl victory. Seahawk fans received no "love" here, like the Steelers did.
I'm not sure about the other lions fans, who started this post. But I live in Detroit, actually inside the city. It's not anywhere as bad as the media makes it out to be. Like any big city.....just keep your eyes open.
Anyway lets talk football.......The Lions had a few question marks at the start of the season.
1) offensive line: We lost our solid LT to retirement, and our RT went to Indy during free agency. We now start our #1 pick from 2012 and 2 rookies on the rightside. And they have performed fantastic. Stafford has been sacked only 10 times so far this year. And we actually have running lanes for our backs to go through.
2)secondary: Once again the Achilles heel of our team. In my opinion our safetys (Glover, and Delmas), are adequate. Although I think Glover is a touch better than that. Our cb's give too much cushion, and I never understand how they expect to defend a pass by never looking back. Our 2nd round pick Slay, is benched every other week. Chris Houston was an "adequate" #1, and he's not playing like it at all , right now. The others are cast offs from other teams. Although R. Mathis is playing "adequate".
3) Wide receiver: Of course we have Calvin, but what we thought was a big blow, (Burelson's accident). Was softend by the play of Kris Durham. Another tall receiver, who has stepped up. We still are without a solid slot receiver, when Broyles went down......again.
4) Special team: Lions drafted a punter with a 5th round pick . People here went nuts. But when you are last in net yards on special teams...and in deadlast in punting. What else can you do, but pick a good one. And the have Sam Martin is having a good year. (only one shank, sorry, was in the Bengals game ).
And just to mention the Defensive Line doesn't have the sack numbers, but they do get to the qb. Hurries, and qb hits are there.
I wouldn't have made the Lions a favorite at Heinz field until , they proved they could consistently win on the road. I think the Steelers will have to carefully pick their posion. Calvin, or the Bush/Bell duo. I will cringe everytime I see a Lion's cb on an island with a receiver. I think this game is winnable for the Lions...and contrary to alot of you Steeler fans....I do see a shootout. Good Luck, heres to a enjoyable injury free game on Sunday.
Exgi20 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Exgi20 For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (11-14-2013), GodfatherofSoul (11-14-2013), harrison'samonster (11-14-2013), Lokki (11-15-2013), pczach (11-14-2013), steelfury02 (11-14-2013), tony hipchest (11-14-2013)
Old 11-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #130
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,311 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by pczach View Post
You mean you found two things!

6 actually

think about it . . .

I'VE GOT SOME YOUTHFUL ADJUSTMENTS FOR 'DAT AZZ
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steelfury02 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-14-2013), pczach (11-14-2013)