Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-17-2013, 06:11 AM   #11
PeckerWood
Team President

Member Number: 13275
Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,160 Posts
My Mood: Innocent
Default Re: Gay Waitress Not Tipped By Family

if she would of said "hi my name is dan and i'll be your server" then everything would of been a ok.
PeckerWood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PeckerWood For This Useful Post:
JonM229 (11-17-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 07:16 AM   #12
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,173 Times in 1,349 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

No big deal for me everyone has a right.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:16 AM   #13
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

It's called discrimination any way you try to pretty it up and it's garbage. As Ric said, then pick your bigoted asses up and go elsewhere. It's no different than going to a restaurant, eating the entire meal, and then saying you didn't like it and don't want to pay. You utilized the services, now pay for it you cheap, judgmental sonsabitches.

Hopefully the "Dan" comment earned them some extra "sauce" in their food. I mean, it's a free country. She should be able to spit in their food if she likes.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (11-17-2013), Colorado Steel (11-17-2013), fer522 (11-17-2013), harrison'samonster (11-17-2013), JonM229 (11-17-2013), Roach (11-30-2013), SteelCityMom (11-17-2013), vasteeler (11-26-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #14
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
No, I wouldn't have. I feel what they did was completely classless.

Still, they probably don't feel clit bumping is a family value and they had every right to make that clear just as you and I have the right to whine, complain and judge too.

Doesn't make it right, but it is a right.
Of course they have the right to be judgmental assholes. It's just unfortunate.

Also, as others pointed out already, don't you find it a bit suspicious that they were ok with her serving their food, but decided the time to make their point was after they took up her work time and services, and ate the food she delivered to them? That's called being a cheap bastard (which is their right as well, but let's be honest and call a spade a spade).

If they were standing up for their values they would have left the restaurant because they disagree with them hiring a homosexual. Instead, they chose to eat there, pay the restaurant that hired a homosexual $93 and some change, and stiff someone they didn't like the looks of.

They weren't making a point about family values. They were teaching their children that it's ok to make someone you don't like work for you, and then stiff them.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SteelCityMom For This Useful Post:
Atlanta Dan (11-17-2013), Buddha Bus (11-18-2013), IowaSteeler927 (11-18-2013), MasterOfPuppets (11-18-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #15
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
It's called discrimination any way you try to pretty it up and it's garbage. As Ric said, then pick your bigoted asses up and go elsewhere. It's no different than going to a restaurant, eating the entire meal, and then saying you didn't like it and don't want to pay. You utilized the services, now pay for it you cheap, judgmental sonsabitches.

Hopefully the "Dan" comment earned them some extra "sauce" in their food. I mean, it's a free country. She should be able to spit in their food if she likes.
I would have spit in their food, and I hope she did too. Stupid people don't realize that you don't piss off or insult the people that are bringing you food. You'd be better off getting up and eating somewhere else if you don't like the looks, attitude, or lifestyle of your waiter/waitress.

Gotta love idiots.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteelCityMom For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (11-18-2013), IowaSteeler927 (11-18-2013)
Old 11-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #16
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,792 Times in 842 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

I think it's bullshit. It isn't someone's right to not tip someone because of their sexual preferences outside of work. Though this waitress turned out to be gay, who were they to make that judgement based solely on someone's appearance? This gal is at work, doing her job, and intolerant bigots have no right to deny her a tip because they assumed she was gay. I can't even begin to describe in words just how much this disgusts me. I have friends that are gay, and family members who are gay. They're human beings, and I FIRMLY believe that homosexuality is genetic. They don't choose who to be attracted to, their body is naturally attracted to whatever is programmed into their DNA. That's my belief and I for one am sick of people hiding behind their personal beliefs, and/or religious beliefs as an excuse to treat homosexuals like sub-humans.

This is no less ignorant, and no less excusable than racism. Racism is hating someone because the color of their skin differs from your own, and this is no different. Hating someone, or treating someone like a lesser form of life simply because they love and are attracted to people belonging to their own sex is pure ignorance. Homosexuality isn't just prevalent in human beings, it's also prevalent in animals. Guess we better just go out and hunt down all the gay animals because they're choosing to be gay right?

Whoever these people were they should be fucking ashamed of themselves. I'm a Christian and I think God is sitting up on high just shaking his head at these people. Love unconditionally and treat others how you would want to be treated. If I were her I plainly would've refused to serve them after the comment about her name. Kudos to Dayna for having the strength of character to do her job and put up with that bullshit, and kudos as well for having the courage to expose these people to the world. This kind of behavior is unacceptable.

Last edited by IowaSteeler927; 11-18-2013 at 10:13 PM.
IowaSteeler927 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IowaSteeler927 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-19-2013), JonM229 (11-19-2013), steelax04 (11-19-2013), teegre (11-18-2013)
Old 11-18-2013, 10:01 PM   #17
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,792 Times in 842 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
I would have spit in their food, and I hope she did too. Stupid people don't realize that you don't piss off or insult the people that are bringing you food. You'd be better off getting up and eating somewhere else if you don't like the looks, attitude, or lifestyle of your waiter/waitress.

Gotta love idiots.
This would be the once case where I would actually applaud a server for perpetrating such an act.
IowaSteeler927 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IowaSteeler927 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-19-2013), JonM229 (11-19-2013), teegre (11-18-2013)
Old 11-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #18
teegre
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 24108
Thanked 19,000 Times in 8,016 Posts
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
I think it's bullshit. It isn't someone's right to not tip someone because of their sexual preferences outside of work. Though this waitress turned out to be gay, who were they to make that judgement based solely on someone's appearance? This gal is at work, doing her job, and intolerant bigots have no right to deny her a tip because they assumed she was gay. I can't even begin to describe in words just how much this disgusts me. I have friends that are gay, and family members who are gay. They're human beings, and I FIRMLY believe that homosexuality is genetic. They don't choose who to be attracted to, their body is naturally attracted to whatever is programmed into their DNA. That's my belief and I for one am sick of people hiding behind their personal beliefs, and/or religious beliefs as an excuse to treat homosexuals like sub-humans.

This is no less ignorant, and no less excusable than racism. Racism is hating someone because the color of their skin differs from your own, and this is no different. Hating someone, or treating someone like a lesser form of life simply because they love and are attracted to people belonging to their own sex. Homosexuality isn't just prevalent in human beings, it's also prevalent in animals. Guess we better just go out and hunt down all the gay animals because they're choosing to be gay right?

Whoever these people were they should be fucking ashamed of themselves. I'm a Christian and I think God is sitting up on high just shaking his head at these people. Love unconditionally and treat others how you would want to be treated.
Great post.
teegre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to teegre For This Useful Post:
IowaSteeler927 (11-18-2013), JonM229 (11-19-2013)
Old 11-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #19
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,277 Times in 2,880 Posts

Ruh-roh

Customers Deny They Stiffed Gay Waitress, Say We’re Being Hoaxed

A family claiming to be the customers who "stiffed" a gay New Jersey restaurant server says they actually left her $18 on the $93 tab, and the subsequent uproar is based on a hoax. The family spoke anonymously to NBC New York, saying the bill was theirs but not the note that said, "I do not agree with your lifestyle and how you live your life." They provided documents that looked like a receipt with the tip on it, and a credit card charge for $111.55. It appears there was a misunderstanding over the name of their server, Dayna Morales, after the family thought the hostess said her name was "Dan." If this really was a hoax, a financial motive seems unlikely as Morales has donated the donations she's received to charity. Either way, expect to see a diatribe about how you can't trust anything anymore in our next check sermon.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...-waitress.html
Buddha Bus (11-26-2013)
Old 11-26-2013, 12:32 PM   #20
JonM229
Team Owner

Member Number: 24803
Thanked 6,180 Times in 2,252 Posts

This one incident is why all gays cannot be trusted. They'll say and do anything (like having gay sex, gross) to further their agenda.

"I don't know about you Joe, but I would say that qualifies as elite." -Barack Obama
JonM229 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JonM229 For This Useful Post:
Buddha Bus (11-26-2013), Roach (11-30-2013)