Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 11-17-2013, 08:39 AM   #1
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Default Cleveland Browns' 1946 championship trophy found

Cleveland Browns' 1946 championship trophy found
By Chris Wesseling
Around the League Writer
Published: Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:13 a.m. Updated: Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:13 p.m.

One of four NFL teams without a Super Bowl appearance, the Cleveland Browns finally have a tangible sign of their eight championships prior to the modern era.

Digging through a box in his North Carolina garage as part of the reality show "Garage Gold" on the DIY Network, the grandson of a former team minority owner found a trophy commemorating the 1946 All-America Football Conference championship.

The AAFC did not present teams with trophies, so the 38 players commissioned a pair for owner Arthur B. McBride and minority owner Daniel Sherby.

The 1946 season not only jump-started the Browns franchise, but was also the first of 10 consecutive seasons in the title game under Hall of Fame coach Paul Brown.

The Browns won AAFC titles in 1946, '47, '48 and '49, and then they won the NFL title in their first year in the league in 1950. The NFL did not hand out permanent championship trophies until 1966.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...p-trophy-found

__________________________________________________ ________________

Even the Browns old trophies are trying to put distance between themselves and the modern Browns.

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Buddha Bus For This Useful Post:
Galax Steeler (11-17-2013), harrison'samonster (11-17-2013), IowaSteeler927 (11-19-2013), Lady Steel (11-17-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,417 Times in 1,443 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Cleveland Browns' 1946 championship trophy found

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
Cleveland Browns' 1946 championship trophy found
By Chris Wesseling
Around the League Writer
Published: Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:13 a.m. Updated: Nov. 16, 2013 at 10:13 p.m.

One of four NFL teams without a Super Bowl appearance, the Cleveland Browns finally have a tangible sign of their eight championships prior to the modern era.

Digging through a box in his North Carolina garage as part of the reality show "Garage Gold" on the DIY Network, the grandson of a former team minority owner found a trophy commemorating the 1946 All-America Football Conference championship.

The AAFC did not present teams with trophies, so the 38 players commissioned a pair for owner Arthur B. McBride and minority owner Daniel Sherby.

The 1946 season not only jump-started the Browns franchise, but was also the first of 10 consecutive seasons in the title game under Hall of Fame coach Paul Brown.

The Browns won AAFC titles in 1946, '47, '48 and '49, and then they won the NFL title in their first year in the league in 1950. The NFL did not hand out permanent championship trophies until 1966.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...p-trophy-found

__________________________________________________ ________________

Even the Browns old trophies are trying to put distance between themselves and the modern Browns.
The trophy fits the team stained
Old 11-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

That's cool. I've never been a Browns fan at all but, they have great fans and most of my family are fans. The lone exception being myself and my mother... she's one of you...lol.

Living where I live (Massillon Oh.) it's impossible to escape the Browns...lol. Our high school football team was coached by Paul Brown and they they play in Paul Brown Tiger Stadium.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silver & black For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-17-2013), IowaSteeler927 (11-19-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #4
sluggermatt15
Team Captain

Member Number: 20316

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
That's cool. I've never been a Browns fan at all but, they have great fans and most of my family are fans. The lone exception being myself and my mother... she's one of you...lol.

Living where I live (Massillon Oh.) it's impossible to escape the Browns...lol. Our high school football team was coached by Paul Brown and they they play in Paul Brown Tiger Stadium.
Yes I agree, the Browns do have very good fans. Many are die-hards and loyal just like Steeler fans. Interesting article. The Browns had some pretty darn good teams back in the day, especially when they came into the NFL in 1950.
sluggermatt15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sluggermatt15 For This Useful Post:
harrison'samonster (11-17-2013)